NFL 2014/2015 - Super Bowl Postmortem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gore is a great pickup for the Eagles. Everyone knew he wasn't going back to San Fran after the Harbaugh fiasco, Eagles made a great move going after him. He's a much better option than McCoy imo.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

McCoy is a better running back, but Gore is a system fit on a friendlier contract. I prefer Alonso/Gore/a few million extra dollars in cap space over McCoy.

Also looks like Maxwell to the Eagles is a done deal.

I'm sorry, I just can't understand what your team is doing. I just don't see this going well.

Who needs talent when you have Chip Kelly? All this receiving corps needs now is Todd Pinkston as a #1.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I just can't understand what your team is doing. I just don't see this going well.

I don't really see where this is going either, but I like the Gore pickup and the Shady trade. Maclin leaving sucks, but it doesn't surprise me at all that he's going to KC. I can't remember when it was but I do remember hearing word that he wasn't a big fan of Kelly's style and was a Reid guy at heart.

Looks like Sanchez will be re-signing, I'm ok with this too so long as there's another plan in place for a starter. He's a fine backup, but I don't want him starting games regularly.

I hope that ultimately all these moves have some rhyme or reason behind them, and that this isn't being done just for the sake of change.

They didn't cut Maclin, he was a free agent. They wanted to keep him, he just ended up finding someone willing to overpay. This wasn't some sort of statement that Kelly is more important than talent, it's just a typical free agent situation.

I have no idea if this offseason is going to end up helping or hurting, but this was just a business thing.

Right, but I just don't see where not spending the money is getting you guys. I get that you like saving money, but you gotta spend SOME.

They didn't cut Maclin, he was a free agent. They wanted to keep him, he just ended up finding someone willing to overpay. This wasn't some sort of statement that Kelly is more important than talent, it's just a typical free agent situation.

I have no idea if this offseason is going to end up helping or hurting, but this was just a business thing.

I know that. I don't believe I said he was cut anywhere in my post, I was mentioning the "not a Kelly guy" thing as a potential factor in his decision not to re-sign.

I wasn't suggesting he was cut either. Maclin signed a short-term contract following the ACL tear, suggesting to me that he wasn't likely to re-sign, especially if he had a career year and could get a payday elsewhere.

McCourty staying with the Pats, per Rapoport.

Torrey Smith is no longer a Raven.

Last edited:
It's not like they're not spending money, though. They're overpaying for Maxwell, and threw contracts at Gore and Sanchez as well today. They'll be in on some other safeties, and a pass rusher like Worilds or Orakpo. They're far from done. And they knew this was a possibility, which is part of the reason why they drafted two wide receivers in the first three rounds last year.

I don't really have much issue with any of the moves individually, but I understand that they don't happen in a vacuum and that the bigger picture definitely raises skepticism. We'll see. I don't see this as any grand statement about "we don't need good players on offense for it to work," though.

It's not like they're not spending money, though. They're overpaying for Maxwell, and threw contracts at Gore and Sanchez as well today. They'll be in on some other safeties

Word here is they offered more to McCourty than the Pats but he chose to stay here.

Coupled with 3 of the Super Bowl victories now being labeled with asterisks because of Jerry Rice's admitted cheating its been a tough stretch for Niners' fans.

Pernell Mcphee!!

We need help everywhere on defense, so I'm cool with bringing in productive bodies in their prime. I like this move.

More. Maybe safety now? Any good safeties still out on the market? D-line? Do I hear a nose tackle? Do I hear a corner?

Back
Top Bottom