NFL 2012 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL, see? Didn't medical reports released days later confirm the injury was legit though (torn or strained MCL - can't remember exactly)? Maybe he could have played, maybe not. But it looked like he quit to fans, other players and the media. I don't think that's what happened, but I remember Deoin Sanders saying after the game something to the extent of "He probably really was too injured to return - but it's all about perception."

But the difference here is HUGE. Again, I watched the game, I saw the body language from Cutler. He completely looked like he'd given up on the team.

MEANWHILE, Gronk is the one who made the diving catch to possibly win the Super Bowl. :shrug:

I thought Gronk's dive looked more like a dance move towards the ball. :wink:

As far as Cutler, a lot of it has to do with editing too. I had read somewhere that Cutler was cheering pretty hard after the Bears had made it a game, but that FOX would only show him between plays when he wasn't necessarily cheering for anything. Plus, he was probably disappointed with both his play and his injury.

As far as Cutler, a lot of it has to do with editing too. I had read somewhere that Cutler was cheering pretty hard after the Bears had made it a game, but that FOX would only show him between plays when he wasn't necessarily cheering for anything. Plus, he was probably disappointed with both his play and his injury.

And that could very easily be true. But I don't think you can sit there and say, again like I was saying from the beginning, that Gronk wasn't trying to help his team to the best of his ability during the game, and I see nothing really all that wrong with him getting caught up in the party atmosphere of the entire event.

And that could very easily be true. But I don't think you can sit there and say, again like I was saying from the beginning, that Gronk wasn't trying to help his team to the best of his ability during the game, and I see nothing really all that wrong with him getting caught up in the party atmosphere of the entire event.

Agreed. And I'm sure he's not the only losing participant of this or past Super Bowls to go out and party later. Every copes differently. The only thing I'd really harp on him about is that he may have wanted to think twice about his decision, knowing the age we're in and that anybody can post anything to Youtube and that his credibility could be damaged if a video of him dancing surfaced. Then again, he might not care if he was 100% comfortable with his decision.

I guess that was a bit of an uneven analogy - in game "indifference" vs. postgame antics. At the very least, I think Gronk could have shown at least marginal restraint and skipped the celebration for at least a night.

I guess non-Packer fans could blast Max McGee for betting blasted before the SB. :lol:

Someone tell me when this fucking retarded conversation is over so that I can come back into this thread without wanting to unleash a venomous rage on somebody.

Calm down, it was an analogy about how perception can become the reality (to fans, media, etc). It wasn't meant as an attack your guy.

Someone tell me when this fucking retarded conversation is over so that I can come back into this thread without wanting to unleash a venomous rage on somebody.

You should unleash it anyway. Angry Bears fans are entertaining. :)

Well, I suppose we could talk about Parcells NOT getting into the HOF. He won two Super Bowls and made his teams better everywhere he coached. He should have been inducted.

i mean... if you insist...

82c9955b33b0c96765560c8d57e5860e.jpg

Just so I have the update, we are comparing a player who was injured and looked dejected on the sideline against a player who was injured, lost and then went and got drunk and danced around like an idiot a few hours later, correct?

And yes, I watched both games.

Gronk finished the game, Cutler didn't. That alone makes these two situations vastly different in both perception and reality.

:huh:, then why did he gamble in the first place and not just give them a guaranteed $1000?

Well, the dude said that he usually makes one bet on the Super Bowl each year, so it was nothing out of the norm for him. Isn't 50K better than 1K to donate or whatever it is after taxes? :huh:

Before the Giants final game-winning drive in Super Bowl XLVI, the New England Patriots coach told his team not to get beat by receivers Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks.

"This is still a Cruz and Nicks game," Belichick was heard saying in audio recorded for NFL Films. "I know we're right on them. It's tight but those are still the guys. Make them go to Manningham...

espn_g_manninghamm_400.jpg

:hi5:

Back
Top Bottom