NFL 2012 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love making Reid look like Dick Butkus rather than the fat sack of shit he is.

The Super Bowl halftime show generally goes to sober, conservative performers who aren't going to bail over petty bullshit. Van Halen would be a bit out of character then.

EVH is sober these days though.

If they do play and Eddie is in the form he was in this spring it'll be the best halftime performance since Bruce or Prince in the purple rain of Miami.

Hopefully the Packers will be up by 3 touchdowns and I'll be to drunk at that point to remember Van Halen playing.

Someone has heard the rumors. Per Eddie:

"The band is winning, but our schedule has been sidelined for unnecessary roughness"

Agreed that Roth and co. would be the best halftime show in years. Maybe a giant pile of money would bring them together. An even bigger pile of money.

I'm thinking of going to Boston in December to see the 49ers. However, only single seat tickets appear to be available.

I'll check e-Bay and Craigslist. Any Patriots fans in here know where else I can go to find tickets at face value?

I try to pretend that there is no such thing as the NFL in June and July. I get too worked up with months yet to go.

Now it's worth it though: the first preseason game is on Thursday :hyper: I have no idea how I'll watch it out here but I'll manage :hyper:

I'm thinking of going to Boston in December to see the 49ers. However, only single seat tickets appear to be available.

I'll check e-Bay and Craigslist. Any Patriots fans in here know where else I can go to find tickets at face value?

There's always a drop the week of the game (usually Thurs or Fri) when the visiting team returns some of its allotment of seats and they get released back for sale, thats about the best chance of getting face value, but of course you will need to find something ahead of time since you're travelling.

Secondary market hasn't been that crazy for Pats tix the past few years with exception of certain games, and usually the night games have less demand, so a night game in December won't be too hard to find something at a reasonable price.

this is relevant to an argument discussion I had here about 8/9 months ago: (/life)

context: the 49ers last year, their +28 turnover margin, and what role Jim Harbaugh's coaching had

That sort of turnover differential just isn't going to happen again, unfortunately. There have been 21 other teams since 1978 who produced a turnover margin of plus-20 or more, and as you might suspect I'm about to say, they weren't able to keep it up. The following year, their average turnover differential was just over three. Not per game. Over the whole season. On average, they shifted by more than 20 turnovers over the course of the campaign. That decline was joined by a decrease in wins: Those teams won an average of 2.5 fewer games the following season.

some coaches and players are better than others, but it's more of a marginal difference.

Anyone else tired of the never ending Jets/Tebow coverage on ESPN? :doh:

Andy Reid is back at practice today. He took a total of three days off.

People keep wondering when Bill Cowher is coming back. Hopefully, he's never coming back. I think he figured out that there's a lot more to life than spending 18 hours a day in your office watching game film. He flies to NYC once a week for half the year, stays connected to the game, gets paid VERY well....but has a life...sees his daughters play ball, graduate, go to the prom, etc....and they need him due to the sad loss of his wife/their Mom.

I love football and the NFL but I think football coaches are some of the least interesting people on god's green earth because they live in a vacuum. I want to be good at my job, and hopefully I am, but I refuse to marry my job so thoroughly that I start to lose whatever identity I have beyond my chosen profession.

3 fucking days off says everything to me. "My son wouldn't want it any other way," Reid said. "He loved the Philadelphia Eagles.” Makes me fucking sick.

Oh, and, yeah, all of this is none of my business, I fully acknowledge that.

Well to be fair, everyone handles these situations their own way. One can't really take a position and say Reid should be home wallowing, we don't know how is best for him to deal with this...if he thinks its best to go right back to work, so be it.

Its a horrible tragedy. But the man has to deal with it his own way, whatever that may be.

Yes, and, I think his way, and his way of life, are atrocious. And if that sounds too judgmental, so be it, I guess I don't give a fuck. I think he's a shit Dad who has been a shit Dad for a very long time now.....and I have zero respect for that.

This ^ post makes it sound like I'm now mad at you, Hewson. I'm not. And, I see your point, trust me.....I usually don't go ascribing my own value system to others and then judge them based off of that. For whatever reason, football coaches and their mentality just irk me, and Reid epitomizes this in certain respects. I should probably calm down a notch or two.....but, I'm still put off by this all, let's leave it at that.

Anyone watch the first episode of this season of Hard Knocks last night? I figured the Dolphins would make for a complete snooze of a team, but it ended up actually being pretty interesting.

Back
Top Bottom