NFL 2012 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phone_1.jpg

zackmorris.jpg

I was surprised they didn't go LB, but hey, their guy fell to them. They've been eyeing Fletcher Cox for some time now.
The DeMeco Ryans trade filled the biggest hole at middle linebacker and moves Chaney to his natural position of OLB, which only leaves them one LB short. I want them to draft good value there and not reach. Same with safety (which they have been an awful judge of talent at, unfortunately).

Not related to the draft at all, and only tangentially related to the NFL:

DC police arrested 19-year-old Michael Davis, the younger brother of NFL players Vontae Davis and Vernon Davis, for hitting a lady in the head with a claw hammer.

Three other similar attacks happened in the same neighborhood over the last three days, and one of the victims died of his injuries.

Looooove the Packers draft so far. I think Perry and Worthy are going to be beasts. Heyward is a really smart corner as well. Now they may be able to transition Woodson to Safety.

Hewson said:
Based on your glowing reviews of their turnover ratio and the fact that their #32 ranking last year was deceptive, I wouldn't think they need to.

Agreed but there was less room for improvement on the offensive side, so I'll take it.

Four current/former Saints have received suspensions: Jonathan Vilma (entire season), Anthony Hargrove (8 games), Scott Fujita (3 games), Will Smith (4 games).

Hargrove is on the Packers now. They can go ahead and kick his dumb ass out of town along with Mike Neal.

now that I think about it, i doubt any of them will miss a game this year. all indications are that the NFLPA is taking this to court. remember how long the Starcaps case took?

i'm betting Hargrove will have a great year for the Packers and by the time he actually has to serve a suspension, he'll be long gone from Green Bay.

oh really? i definitely want Hargrove on the team. very high motor, quick first step, good at getting out of blocks. he'll be a good player this yeah.

plus, if he actually does miss 8 games this year, he'll come back at a perfect time with fresh legs.

I was more interested before I found his was part of that bullshit. I don't know. Everyone's entitled to another chance I guess.

understandable. i'm actually more empathetic to the players involved than most people. i think the players were in a tough spot. their coaches (direct bosses) gave them direction to carry about a bounty program. yeah, should they have stood up to their coaches and said "no, i will not take part in this"? probably. but that's not realistic. in the workplace, the general thought is to do what your boss tells you or else.

i think back to an example where i was told to fire someone and i didn't necessarily agree with it. although i spoke my case, i still ended up carrying through with it in fear that if i argued anymore, i'd be the one sent packing.

The NFL cited specific evidence against the four players in its ruling:

• The league said Fujita pledged "a significant amount of money" to the Saints' bounty program.

• Hargrove submitted a signed declaration to the NFL not only that the Saints' bounty program existed, but that he was an active participant in it. In addition, the NFL said that Hargrove told at least one player on another team that former Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre was a target of the Saints' bounty pool in the 2009 NFC Championship Game and that Hargrove obstructed the league's investigation in 2010 when he wasn't truthful with investigators.

• Smith, according to the NFL, helped former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams create and fund the bounty pool when he was a captain of the defense.

• Vilma, also is alleged to have helped Williams create and fund the program. Also, the NFL said Vilma pledged $10,000 in cash to any Saints player who knocked former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner out of the 2009 divisional playoff game involving the teams and then repeated the pledge for Favre for the NFC title game.

rog would not have dropped the hammer down this hard if he didn't have evidence.

they didn't suspend the entire defense. they suspended those who were most active in the setting up and funding of the program. i'm sure they'll sue. i'm not sure what leg they have to stand on, especially those who've already admitted to what they've done.

My lasting memory of Junior will be when he and Bruschi shared a celebratory hug during the last couple minutes of their XLII win...

: pours one out :

Cops suspect suicide. I guess he sent some texts to his kids yesterday - nothing too alarming at the time, just "love you" or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom