NFL 2012 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure who got punished worse today: The Saints or The Jets.

At least Tebow gets another chance to start. If he unseats Sanchez, I'm hopping the hell onto that bandwagon.

i don't know....i understand that the bounty system is a horrible thing, but 1 year for the Peyton??? i don't know.....not saying he didn't deserve it, but i though 4-6 weeks would be more appropriate.

i don't know....i understand that the bounty system is a horrible thing, but 1 year for the Peyton??? i don't know.....not saying he didn't deserve it, but i though 4-6 weeks would be more appropriate.

it was more than just that... they were warned to stop it, and they ignored the league and kept doing it anyway.

and there's been a sense around the league that the saints think they're better than people... they've annoyed the league office often over the years. they spit in rog's eye and pretty much dared him to drop the hammer on them.

hammer? dropped.

still not as bad as the punishment handed down to jet fans today.

The wildcat is in New York's playbook, so at least Tebow makes some sense there. Green Bay had no business wasting their time on him. Randall Cobb is probably a better passer than Tebow.

If Tebow were to come to NE (and it won't happen, Belichick played against him twice last season and destroyed him, and his courting of him pre-draft was just another smokescreen to get others to think he wanted him and overreact), it would only be if nobody trades for him and he gets cut and the Pats can get him for nothing, and he wouldn't be on the roster as a QB, he's be used as an H-Back type, but there's no need for him there with Aaron Hernandez on the roster.

Jacksonville makes sense just to sell tickets, no place makes any real sense from a football perspective.

ya think the pats floated the whole idea of trading for tebow simply to sucker the dopes in florham park to pull the trigger on this trade?

From what I've heard, it's absolutely the Saints' cover up/continuing despite being told not to, and not all the bounty program itself.

........Tebow?

Tebow? Jets? Tebow? I guess he'd be a pretty good Ronnie Brown sort of wildcat?

the wildcat? you mean the offense that stopped being effective 3 years ago? god i love the jets.

Vgk3s.gif

And I thought the Dolphins were the worst run team in the AFC East. The Jets may have just out-sucked us. The Bills have quietly had a good offseason with Mario Williams and Mark Anderson added to their Defense. Try running the WildTim on those guys.

The WildTim will help beat the Chiefs...but most have it figured it out. Have to throw the ball.

it was more than just that... they were warned to stop it, and they ignored the league and kept doing it anyway.

and there's been a sense around the league that the saints think they're better than people... they've annoyed the league office often over the years. they spit in rog's eye and pretty much dared him to drop the hammer on them.

hammer? dropped.

still not as bad as the punishment handed down to jet fans today.

yeah, just read more in depth about the cover up. kind of the same situation as when Vick lied to Goodell about the dog fighting.

lesson: come clean right away with Goodell.

I'm bitter but pleased.

Now we get to enjoy the bottom of the division while watching a team with an addition of yet another diva as their ship sinks alongside ours.

Hold the phone. Shefter just tweeted: Denver and Jets have encountered hangup in language in Tim Tebow's contract that could nullify trade. If the Tebow trade to Jets falls apart, St. Louis could wind up getting back into play. Sides sorting through details.

ya think the pats floated the whole idea of trading for tebow simply to sucker the dopes in florham park to pull the trigger on this trade?

Wouldn't surprise me a bit...don't know if it was to get the Jets specifically to bite, but certainly it was a smokescreen or just something Clayton the Cryptkeeper made up so he could get more face time (who wants it with that face?) on ESPN.

Can anyone remember a more entertaining off-season? I certainly can't. There's been a bit of everything and it's not even a month until the draft.

Sure. When that shithead Brett Favre left the Jets and then was busted for sending some chick a picture of his junk.

That asshat Skip Bayless defended the Sanchez contract extension...assuming this trade does go through, it just became even more absurd. I give Sanchez 8 games of his typical mediocrity before the fans start checking their watches and determine it's Tebow time.

Then the Jets will eat the contract and be stuck with Tim fucking Tebow at the helm, while Sanchez (determined he's starter quality, based on years of hype and an unduly massive ego-stroke of a contract) heads off to Cleveland.

Awesome.

If Tim Tebow's market value is a fourth round pick ... there's not many teams that would also throw in $5 million for him. Denver tried to pull a fast one.

Back
Top Bottom