NFL 2012 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
#2 pick to Washington. Sanchise signs contract extension. Peyton to somewhere else.

:dance: Off-season champions 2012, just by virtue of us dodging that bullet.

Wonderfully out of character for the Skins to flatly say no to Peyton and yes to potential. You've got to understand how refreshing this is after years of attempting to resuscitate expensive corpses.

But they trade three first round picks and force themselves to go through free agency for basically every other hole in their lineup.

We offered too much.

We also get RG3. If he's a bust, whatever. We haven't sacked up and picked up a QB anyone had faith in for at least a decade. It's not like I'm going to disown the guy because he had a large price tag. Time to celebrate what we could very well have.

At least the picks were to the Rams and not some assy franchise like the Jets. Man, fuck those guys. We could have traded away 40 first rounders for regular beans and not fucked up as badly as those losers just did. My God.

Jesus christ.

At least the Rams won't feel the rewards until 2014 or so, and they still have to draft well.

dohoho Sanchez

And they won't, because they're the fucking Rams. Awful front office. Almost as awful as the Skins'.

Seriously, a Frank Grimes type needs to join the Jets' roster and electrocute himself over how incompetent Mark Sanchez is.

well, Ram's have got a new front end I think. GM and so forth. I don't want to give them too many tools at their disposal if they've finally managed to get their shit together.

Well, they fixed it up a year ago apparently. A little too early to judge, but yeah. They delegated their scouting to a third party for a while, probably a girl scout troop or something, but now they're taking care of it themselves OOH WATCH OUT

Rams had Browns and Skins both offering 3 first rounders...wow Ditka must be running both franchises.
That is a great deal for the Rams, at 6 they'll probably get whoever they were targeting anyway, plus an added 2 first rounders and this years 2nd rounder...man they gave it to the Skins and put sand in the vaseline so it really hurt.

Both McShay and The Hairstyle have Blackmon not in tthe top 5, so if they're to be believed, he could end up with the Rams at 6, a position they have a huge need at, and he'd more than fill it, plus they add all these picks...look out for the LA Rams in 2014 and beyond.

I like this move by the Redskins. I know it looks lopsided right now, but if RG3 becomes a top QB for many years then the move is easily forgivable. If he's a bust, oh well, then it's the same old Redskins.

I like this move by the Redskins. I know it looks lopsided right now, but if RG3 becomes a top QB for many years then the move is easily forgivable. If he's a bust, oh well, then it's the same old Redskins.
And oh yeah, they've thrown away the ability to build up the rest of the team through the draft. But it'll be a few years before we know if he's a bust, right? The Redskins are clearly banking that he'll be REALLY good since he'll have no line and nobody to pass to.

In all fairness, the draft is more than just the first round assuming you know how to evaluate players. If they're able to find some diamonds and good value picks in the mid rounds, then they should be good. In my opinion, having a top tier QB is worth what the Redskins gave up. We're talking 15 years of great QB play if it works out.

Rams had Browns and Skins both offering 3 first rounders...wow Ditka must be running both franchises.
That is a great deal for the Rams, at 6 they'll probably get whoever they were targeting anyway, plus an added 2 first rounders and this years 2nd rounder...man they gave it to the Skins and put sand in the vaseline so it really hurt.

Both McShay and The Hairstyle have Blackmon not in tthe top 5, so if they're to be believed, he could end up with the Rams at 6, a position they have a huge need at, and he'd more than fill it, plus they add all these picks...look out for the LA Rams in 2014 and beyond.
If Cleveland really was offering three first rounders (where did you hear that?), then they're the luckiest sons of bitches around.

Also, Cleveland could very well take Blackmon at four, which would box out St. Louis.

Still, yes, St. Louis clearly won this deal. Has everyone forgotten the Manning deal? The Giants gave up that year's first (Rivers), a third (Kaeding), and a second the next year (Merriman). This is an unprecedented amount to give up, and it's not really close.

Numerous articles mentioned the Cleveland offer. Apparently Cleveland didn't offer their second round pick, and that was the difference.

Tremendous trade.

I'm not sure if Blackmon will be around at #6 - I could see Cleveland taking him before that, not only because they need a receiver, but almost out of spite so that the Rams can't get him either.

Hewson and I disagreed a few years back when the Bears traded all those picks for Cutler.

Look at it now, bitches. Bears have a young, top 10 quarterback on the come up, banging the hot girl from Laguna Beach, straight studdin. Gangsta in the locker room. Zip 'em up. More than half the teams in the league would kill to have someone as good as Jay Cutler at QB right now.

Fuck with me.

Basically, my point is this:

The world only spins forward. If you're targeting your franchise #1 QB...fuck draft picks. Great move by the Redskins.

Hewson and I disagreed a few years back when the Bears traded all those picks for Cutler.

Look at it now, bitches. Bears have a young, top 10 quarterback on the come up, banging the hot girl from Laguna Beach, straight studdin. Gangsta in the locker room. Zip 'em up. More than half the teams in the league would kill to have someone as good as Jay Cutler at QB right now.

Fuck with me.

The world only spins forward. If you're targeting your franchise #1 QB...fuck draft picks. Great move by the Redskins.
The Bears were better than the Redskins are now. And they're also not run by a shithead like Daniel Snyder.

Numerous articles mentioned the Cleveland offer. Apparently Cleveland didn't offer their second round pick, and that was the difference.

Tremendous trade.

I'm not sure if Blackmon will be around at #6 - I could see Cleveland taking him before that, not only because they need a receiver, but almost out of spite so that the Rams can't get him either.
Gotcha. I had not read much before I went to sleep last night so I honestly just haven't heard much about the other offers.

Cleveland needs some offensive weapons. At this point, I'd be a bit surprised if they didn't take Blackmon at four.

Again, it's not time to focus mental energies on whining about what we lost. Time to put faith in the future. We're taking a chance at one for once, instead of mortgaging it on decrepit bullshit.

We also had a very good defense last year that will only improve with greater coherence and, hopefully, health. I think we'll be very decent next year, especially if Helu pans out.

Again, it's not time to focus mental energies on whining about what we lost. Time to put faith in the future. We're taking a chance at one for once, instead of mortgaging it on decrepit bullshit.

We also had a very good defense last year that will only improve with greater coherence and, hopefully, health. I think we'll be very decent next year, especially if Helu pans out.

Yes.

Agreed with GAF even though I question if Cutler will elevate his game any higher. It really doesn't matter. They have a good QB.

Fuck with me.

With further wheeling and dealing with the Bears' 2010 1st rounder, Denver ended up netting Robert Ayers, Demayrius Thomas, Tim Tebow and Eric Decker out of the deal, and Pittsburgh got Mike Wallace with the Bears 2009 3rd rounder after Denver traded it to them...I stand by the Broncos getting the better of that deal. (though they should have kept Neckbeard, then it would have been a white wash, plus the bars in Denver would have done far more business last fall/winter)

PhilsFan said:
Still, yes, St. Louis clearly won this deal. Has everyone forgotten the Manning deal? The Giants gave up that year's first (Rivers), a third (Kaeding), and a second the next year (Merriman). This is an unprecedented amount to give up, and it's not really close.

...and yet the Giants have two rings to show for that trade and San Diego has none.

If RG3 is a franchise QB, Washington will not care about all the picks. If RG3 is a bust and St. Louis turns this into their version of the Herschel Walker trade, then Washington fans will be sick for decades.

Both teams went all in... the winner has yet to be determined.

What a wild weekend. Peyton now in Arizona probably until tomorrow night.

I like the Dolphins going last. They get to up the price from DEN/AZ and play the Reggie Wayne card. I'd just bring Wayne to the facility. :up:

Guess they are making up for last seasons lockout. Lots of stuff going on now.

LemonMelon said:
Redskins are 30 million under the cap and want Vincent Jackson. This shit is happening.

:up:

Enjoy. I'll be cheering for the redskins this year for sure.

Back
Top Bottom