NFL 2012 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hewson said:
Houston's one of the AFC favorites without Manning.
Can they afford him or do they have to cut Schaub in order to do so, and if they do that and it turns out Peyton can't play, they're screwed.

I think Yates showed enough promise that it would be worth the risk. I'd cut Schaub.

I think Yates showed enough promise that it would be worth the risk. I'd cut Schaub.

If it did somehow come down to that, I think the Texans would make a trade instead of just cutting him. They could end up with a high draft pick.

It's not going to happen, but I think Peyton in Denver would be great. I have to think the biggest problem with that is Tebowmania - a move like this could split the fan base for a while. But Manning, even not 100% of what he used to be, could seriously upgrade tha offense immiedately. And Tebow might get exactly the mentor he needs to actually have a chance at being the future of this team.

It's not going to happen, but I think Peyton in Denver would be great. I have to think the biggest problem with that is Tebowmania - a move like this could split the fan base for a while. But Manning, even not 100% of what he used to be, could seriously upgrade tha offense immiedately. And Tebow might get exactly the mentor he needs to actually have a chance at being the future of this team.

if you bring in another kyle orton type to start over tebus, the fan base will revolt.

if you bring in peyton manning, the fan base will get over it.

i'm not... kolb hasn't show an ability to stay on the field. they have skelton, but he's not ready. they play indoors and have larry fitzgerald. frankly i think peyton should go there.

I never looked too closely at that contract, but I figured they paid Kolb a decent amount and might not be in the biggest hurry to pay even more for another question mark.

They can get rid of Kolb after next season based on the way his contract is structured. But they would probably need Peyton to be flexible with the structuring of the first year of his deal to make the finances work.

Kolb is owed $7 million if on the roster March 17, so AZ would cut him if they got Manning.

Not a whole lot of time to work with. If they go all in on Manning and cut Kolb, it will probably take a pretty convincing workout from Manning.

if the Raiders indeed cut Wimbley, i want the Packers to sign him and then draft a DL 1st round. that would be my perfect offseason. :up:

I have a feeling that the Pack will trade up or down. I don't want USC's Perry to fall on their laps. That just looks like trouble.

I'd like to see him in San Francisco. I think that seems to make a lot of sense for him and for that franchise. But I don't know how feasible that is.

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
Not a whole lot of time to work with. If they go all in on Manning and cut Kolb, it will probably take a pretty convincing workout from Manning.

I think Arizona likes Skelton a lot but know he's not ready yet... so Manning in and Kolb out makes a lot of sense for them. If they can't get pey pey I think they gold in to Kolb for another year but ultimately still hand the reigns to Fordham's finest in due time.

just imagine the shit storm in Denver if they get Manning. then the Tebowmania sweepstakes will be underway.

looks like the Giants are going to release Brandon Jacobs. it's hard to imagine that ugly mishaped head playing for another team.

He's meeting with the Broncos then Cardinals then Dolphins. I like Miami going last, they will be able to know what the other teams offered, and offer more. It's all about the pitch though, hope they don't screw it up.

Back
Top Bottom