NFL 2012 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm already sick of hearing about Peyton Manning and the Colts "parting ways."

Time to turn off ESPN for a while.

I'm assuming Gregg Williams gets his ass handed to him while Payton gets some punishment for having his friend do the payments.

the league warned the saints to cut it out a while back, but they ignored his warning. rog usually doesn't play well with people ignoring him.

i agree that williams will probably get a hammer dropped on him, but i don't think payton is completely out of harms way. at the least the penalties will match that of spy gate. considering the team, that they ignored the nfl's first warning, the current emphasis on player safety, and an all around sense that the saints like to piss in the league's face and do things their own way... the hammer might get dropped on more than just williams.

as for peyton... the jets are capped out, have a QB making a decent salary already, have a shitty offensive line, a coach who's mouth makes other team's defense want to take it out on the QB, in a cold weather city where he'd be second fiddle to his younger, retarded brother? i'd be stunned if peyton went there.

for my money it's miami, washington and arizona... i think the 49ers should jump all over him, but i don't think they will. if john elway wants a way to get rid of tebow without the fans going nuts, this is the only way.. but again, i doubt it. the chiefs have already stated that they'll try, but i just don't see him following the montana road.

if brees had gone somewhere else new orleans would have been the natural fit, but obviously that's out.

so yea... miami, washington and arizona would be my best bets, in that order.

Goodell has decided to eliminate the Saints first round pick from the 2012 draft...of course the Patriots own the pick to which Goodell said "you should have thought about that possibility before trading for it Bill".

as for peyton... the jets are capped out, have a QB making a decent salary already, have a shitty offensive line, a coach who's mouth makes other team's defense want to take it out on the QB, in a cold weather city where he'd be second fiddle to his younger, retarded brother? i'd be stunned if peyton went there.

for my money it's miami, washington and arizona... i think the 49ers should jump all over him, but i don't think they will.

Sounds about right. I don't think SF will do anything either, but if they did, they would be an automatic SB favorite. Getting that offense in gear with that defense would be unstoppable.

Miami would be scary, because they've actually been a halfway decent team the last couple of years, especially on defense. The QB spot has really been their primary reason for not doing well. Add Manning to the mix and they would also be instant contenders, although I wonder if Manning would like to face the Patriots twice a year, if not more.

I don't think Washington is good enough to be a realistic choice, and I don't know if Manning wants to be in the same division as his brother. Arizona, however, would be intriguing, especially with a receiver like Larry Fitzgerald already there.

And wherever he goes, I could see at least one of his two former receivers, Reggie Wayne and Pierre Garcon, following him to the same spot.

Arizona invested a lot of coin in Kevin Korn on the Kolb, so with the Bidwell family history of frugality, don't expect U2Kitten to be redesigning the retractable roof on University of Phoenix Stadium anytime soon.

Do sports journalists overuse any other word more than "era" these days?

Yeah, it definitely gets beaten into the ground.

Ok, I'm going against the grain here before the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT is made, but I think Peyton Manning should... RETIRE. He's made enough money. He won a Super Bowl. He's broken a bunch of records. He's done it all. He should retire and go out a Colt and do something else. I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem. He could be a broadaster or, Hell, even an actor.

I'll say this, if the Manning/Wayne package goes to Miami, watch out. They would be very dangerous!

Peyton to the AFC so he could have the chance to meet Eli in the Super Bowl, not have to play him in the playoffs. That's one reason why the Manning family orchestrated the Eli trade on draft day from San Diego to the Giants, so they would be in different conferences.

Get him Dolphins! Miami plays in Indianapolis next season. Manning vs Luck, Imagine? Also would play Brady twice a year.

Another intriguing option could be Houston. Schaub tends to be injury-prone and they now have Yates waiting in the wings anyway. Bring in Manning for a couple of years, with that defense, and you have a new AFC favorite.

And it would allow Manning to stick it to the Colts twice a year.

Houston's one of the AFC favorites without Manning.
Can they afford him or do they have to cut Schaub in order to do so, and if they do that and it turns out Peyton can't play, they're screwed.

Another intriguing option could be Houston. Schaub tends to be injury-prone and they now have Yates waiting in the wings anyway. Bring in Manning for a couple of years, with that defense, and you have a new AFC favorite.

And it would allow Manning to stick it to the Colts twice a year.

That would be a bit of a reach, unless they deal Shaub. When Matt is healthy, he is one of the league's better QB. And while he does have a less than stellar injury history, Manning's own recent history hardly suggests an upside to Manning over Shaub. That could potentially end up being a very expensive downgrade to the position.

Back
Top Bottom