NFL 2012 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
good for Buffalo. I'm really happy for that franchise. it's been a while since they've had anything to be excited about.

Just rumors at this point, but according to Adam Schefter, Skins are getting Brandon Meriweather. Hey, it's a need, even though he's not amazing. Gives us some leverage on Landry too.

EDIT: It's official. 2 years, 6 mil.

GirlsAloudFan said:
Didn't you used to really like Desean Jackson at some point?

I have always been wary of him because he's so aggressively stupid, but his playmaking ability in his first couple years was undeniable. Still, no, I never liked him too much.

I think you are thinking of Shady McCoy, who is awesome.

and finally, here it is. The 49'ers are in the Peyton Manning mix. they've already given him a physical and secretly watched his workout on Tuesday.

if it happens, the NFC is going to be really fun to watch this year.

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
I don't know - sounds like Matt is enjoying his stay in Seattle.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/e...ts-to-sign-with-dolphins-miami-lowballing-him

Like I said the other day, the Dolphins don't actually want Flynn, but I guess they feel they have to pick up a name from somewhere. I'd roll with Moore and Tannehill, personally.

Skins landed Cedric Griffin. Not blown away by our picks in the secondary, but at least we're addressing those positions. Hopefully the interview with Aaron Ross goes well later today. Then we can lock up London Fletcher and start addressing OL.

Oh yeah, and Eddie Royal is with the Chargers. Whatever.

I'm all for Matt Moore as a stopgap with a drafted QB as well.

But they've really done nothing to this team but get rid of Brandon Marshall at this point. We've only gotten worse. Not very supportive of Matt Moore.

Peyton gets to decide which career to shoot dead - Smith, Tebow, Kolb or Hasselbeck.

Edit: Kolb got his roster bonus and Arizona is apprently out of the Manning race.

Really insignificant thing, but GAF might want to know what's going on with his boy: Skins kept Rexy. Just a one-year deal, but I'm really happy about this. He will be a very solid backup. Very solid. Fills a need with someone who knows the system, can teach it to RG3, and has played in the fucking Super Bowl. We could do worse. If RG3 lives up to the hype, our QB situation will be great.

TPdOL.gif

Congrats to Matt - good guy who sat on the bench for 4 years, worked hard to improve and now has a huge opportunity (and paycheck). At worst, the guy is still a big upgrade over Whitehurst and Jackson.

For one, it frees the Seahawks from 1st Round purgatory where they need a QB but aren't in position to draft a good one. Or from the risk of backing a dumptruck full of money up to Peyton Manning. Or from the risk of Tarvaris Jackson's second season.

At less than 10 million guaranteed!

(guaranteed in parenthesis)
Matt Schaub – 6yr/$48mil ($7)
Matt Cassell – 6yr/$63mil ($28)
Kevin Kolb – 5yr/$63mil ($21)*

and then…

Matt Flynn – 3yr/$26mil ($10)

matt matt matt matt matt

Back
Top Bottom