NFL 2012 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As long as the 49ers' running game remains a factor, I can't imagine Moss not finding some opportunities to contribute. Taking coverage away from Vernon Davis is also a good thing.

Smith is decidedly better than most people thought, but it took a superior running game and top notch defense for him to finally have a decent year. So he can handle the caretaker QB role. I don't think you can put the whole team on his back and expect too much.

I also think that you can't understate what Jim Harbaugh has done for Smith. When everyone and their mother was clamouring for the 49ers to get rid of Smith, Harbaugh gave him his playbook and said 'you're our guy', instilling confidence in him. And that confidence only grew as the season wore on, culminating in those two final sensational drives against the Saints.

I also think that you can't understate what Jim Harbaugh has done for Smith. When everyone and their mother was clamouring for the 49ers to get rid of Smith, Harbaugh gave him his playbook and said 'you're our guy', instilling confidence in him. And that confidence only grew as the season wore on, culminating in those two final sensational drives against the Saints.

Absolutely. I think it's a fair assessment that Harbaugh saved that career. And at times Smith did look brilliant.

Bears signed Brandon Marshall for two third rounders. Can't help Miami's case for Manning.

A lot of receivers off the board quickly.

LemonMelon said:
Bears signed Brandon Marshall for two third rounders. Can't help Miami's case for Manning.

A lot of receivers off the board quickly.

Good trade for both teams. He's back with Cutler which should be good, and Miami can reload with more picks, although you're right. Manning is probably not going there now.

As of about 20 minutes ago, Dolphins no longer want Flynn.

Apparently, I was wrong about Manning/Marshall. Peyton does not like the guy. Hmm. Is this one final push for Manning? They'll have to seek out another #1 in FA.

wow. so i would say it's a good trade for the Bears unless Marshall goes off the deep end.

Brandon Marshall has been one of my favorite receivers in the NFL for a handful of years now. I couldn't be happier with this.

Seriously, what a great move. What a great day. Cutler to Marshall. Let's go.

Brandon Marshall has been one of my favorite receivers in the NFL for a handful of years now. I couldn't be happier with this.

Seriously, what a great move. What a great day. Cutler to Marshall. Let's go.

yeah, i think you have reason to be excited. this is the best WR your team has had for............ever maybe?

i'd just worry alot about the character issues for sure. i've always been a fan of his, but i've gotten pretty frustrated with his inconsistency as well.

looks like you guys may get Mario Williams too. scary on paper for sure.

I don't know a whole lot about the guy's character issues. I figured something's gotta be wrong with the guy if two teams in need of offensive help have shown him the door the past three years. Hell of a talent for sure though.

Congrats, LeMel. Garcon said he has signed with Washington.

I wanted you all to hear it from me 1st before u saw it on the news... I will be signing with the Washington Redskins and I'm very excited about the opportunity in front of me.

I want to thank all Colts fans from the bottom of my heart for all the love and support you've shown me the past 4 years and I hope that at some level u will still follow my career, as I will continue to share my life with you on here...

Dolphins move Brandon Marshall to Chicago for 2 3rd round picks.

Assumed because Manning said he didn't want to throw to Marshall and wanted to choose his receivers. Dunno how much of that's true.

I'm all for moving Marshall if the plan is to get Manning though.

Not sure where you heard that; supposedly he's visiting the Bills.

That rumor has been floating around, although some analysts don't think it will happen.

I would like to think that the Pack has a shot, but that would require Thompson to actually be interested.

Congrats, LeMel. Garcon said he has signed with Washington.

As a piece of a west coast offense, he's ruthless. Man, I dunno, we don't need another short #2 when Jabar Gaffney and Santana Moss (who really needs to move to the slot) aren't exactly badass #1s. Garcon is young and has impressive speed; he'll be a great weapon for us if we use him properly.

I want a 6'3"+ receiver though, someone who can dominate DBs deep. We don't have one of those.

This is my answer: FUCK. I wanted the 49ers to keep him. I'm hoping Randy Moss isn't it for WR.

Morgan could be a legitimate deep threat. Excellent route runner, has speed, and good hands. I always liked him.

I've heard that same answer from a bunch of other 49ers fans. Cool.

WR: Pierre Garcon/Santana Moss/Jabar Gaffney/Josh Morgan
TE: Fred Davis/Chris Cooley (when healthy, one of the best twin TE sets around)

Not terrible. Not frightening, but certainly not terrible. With decent protection, this could be something.

Wow, Skins picked up Eddie Royal too. I don't know how we can afford Moss at this stage, but we've got some serious depth at WR now.

Wow, Skins picked up Eddie Royal too. I don't know how we can afford Moss at this stage, but we've got some serious depth at WR now.

Eddie Royal is nothing to be excited about. Never mind depth, he's the king of absence when he sees playing time. With a tendency to drop the ball. A lot.

Back
Top Bottom