NFL 2012 Offseason Thread - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 02-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:27 AM
most sports talk radio is awful. i do really enjoy Steve Czaban though, even though he's a Republican. he normally keeps politics out of it though.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
it's going to seem weird, and I don't like the break between Wednesday and Sunday either.

I think it's pretty cool. Every season there's always some quirks in the schedule. I'm sure the Pack are still feeling the sting of going 15-1 and not even making it to the NFC Championship game.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
I think it's pretty cool. Every season there's always some quirks in the schedule. I'm sure the Pack are still feeling the sting of going 15-1 and not even making it to the NFC Championship game.
Yeah, I'm really hoping that it ends up being a blessing in disguise. Their secondary was beat up by injuries and opposing teams did a great job of limiting their blitz package by keeping them in their base package.

If they can find a pass rusher or two in the draft, they'll be even more dangerous next year and the years after that. They have a lot of young talent that will finally benefit from an offseason program as well.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

They need a pass rusher more than anything. I'm hoping they have a good opportunity to get a DE or OLB. But I'd be ok with just about any defensive draft picks. Peprah/Burnett didn't work out at safety last year, and if Collins can't come back (or isn't what he used to be), we have problems.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I guess there was only room for one long haired blonde guy on the Pack's defense.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

uh oh. looks like the Saints might be put on "timeout".....or star in "Domino 2".
Old 03-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #52
Acrobat

When I first saw the story Friday about the Saints 'bounty' system I thought that it was kind of stupid of them to do something like that in Roger Goodell's NFL and they were certainly going to get slapped with a fine for it, but this story is really starting to blow up with the usual suspects (Peter King at CNNSI, John Clayton at ESPN, etc.) in maximum bloviation mode about it. And I'm sure that Mike Greenberg will be frothing at the mouth for all four hours of his radio show tomorrow about how shocked and sickened he is and how SOMETHING. MUST. BE. DONE. Some articles are even suggesting that Saints players and coaches could be subject to criminal charges.

Maybe it's because I'm a Giants fan and remember well the teams from the late eighties whose players still boast about how many QBs they knocked out of games, but I just can't work up an outrage about this. Two of the probable main targets of the Saints, Kurt Warner and Brett Favre, have already publicly shrugged it off. But I'm afraid that all the media howling is going to encourage Goodell to really drop the hammer on the team and take multiple draft picks from them in addition to fines and suspensions and that would just suck for the fans. Maybe as more details come out I'll feel more strongly about it. I don't know.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #53
The Male

Local Time: 07:27 AM
I'm just grateful that the Skins got Williams off the team before anyone picked up on what was going on. We would be one of the main targets otherwise. As it is, we may face punishment, but it will be relatively minor. If it keeps us from RG3 imma throw something.

Personally, I'm not morally offended by any of this, but it's poor coaching to encourage big hits over fundamental tackling/wrapping up. I never liked Williams because he egged on LaRon Landry, wannabe assassin, early on in his career.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

LM, how do you feel about Landry? He's been linked to the Packers in a couple free agency rumors.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #55
The Male

Whenever you're calling for a safety blitz, Landy is your man. He's improving at tackling in space, which was a weak point for him. I'm not blown away by his coverage skills and never have been, and as far as being a playmaker is concerned, well, he's managed 10 takeaways in 5 seasons, most of them forced fumbles. I'm not especially impressed (although I think he's useful in certain situations, reminding me a bit of Rams/Redskins underachiever Adam Archuleta), but Redskins players have a habit of suddenly living up to their potential after leaving us. Don't break the bank.

Now.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Ahhhhh. I think a lot will depend on if Nick Collins returns or not.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #57
The Male

A caution, then: Landry is a very decent strong safety, but he sucks the big one at free safety. Part of the reason the guy is such a sore spot for fans is because he replaced Sean Taylor at FS after his passing, and it immediately sunk his play (even at his best, Landry never could have replaced Taylor in the eyes of most fans). In 2010, he went back to SS and his performance improved substantially. I hope Capers gets that straight.

Now.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

He could be on the Patriots radar as well.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #59
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I'm just grateful that the Skins got Williams off the team before anyone picked up on what was going on. We would be one of the main targets otherwise. As it is, we may face punishment, but it will be relatively minor. If it keeps us from RG3 imma throw something.

Personally, I'm not morally offended by any of this, but it's poor coaching to encourage big hits over fundamental tackling/wrapping up. I never liked Williams because he egged on LaRon Landry, wannabe assassin, early on in his career.
Me too. Daniel Snyder's suicide mission for RG3 is one of my favorite storylines of the draft.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
A caution, then: Landry is a very decent strong safety, but he sucks the big one at free safety. Part of the reason the guy is such a sore spot for fans is because he replaced Sean Taylor at FS after his passing, and it immediately sunk his play (even at his best, Landry never could have replaced Taylor in the eyes of most fans). In 2010, he went back to SS and his performance improved substantially. I hope Capers gets that straight.
If Collins can come back, or Woodson replaces him at FS, this sounds like it could be a huge upgrade at SS. Thompson rarely looks to free agency to fill any gaps, so I'd be surprised if this move actually happens.