NFL 2012 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yo, Seven, the Skins are trying to pick up Steve Slaton. Know anything about him? He's had like one good year, but I don't really know what he did for you guys last year, if anything.

Nevermind, we cut Anthony Armstrong outright instead of trading him.

Got our 53 locked down I think. I'm excited. This is a young squad with some talent at the skill positions. The o-line and secondary are terrible though, they'll be holding us back all season. 8-8 would be a pleasant surprise with our schedule, but as long as we remain competitive and RG3 progresses, I'll be happy. With an offseason to fix our areas of weakness (something I know will happen since we have a legit GM that has built a fairly deep team), we'll be contenders in 2013.

Jerry's had a tough offseason.

So, Pats fans, how you feeling about releasing Deion Branch? I realize you need to save roster space for the o-line and whatever else, but that bums me out. Maybe he'll head back to Seattle, who could even use scraps at this point.

Could be a don't leave town release and he might be back in a couple of weeks...standard Belichick operating procedure.

If not he'll end up in Miami I think.

I was going to ask you the same about Chris Cooley the other day.

I'm frustrated with the Cooley cut because I don't trust Niles Paul as Fred Davis' backup. He can block, but his hands are terrible, and Fred Davis has already had a drug violation. He steps out of line again, and the position is greatly jeopardized. If he passes waivers, I'd like Cooley back as our 53rd man at a reduced salary. He was a great guy and loved this team, even when it was shit (6 of the 8 years he played for us).

Of course, we need that 53rd spot to replace Tanard Jackson, at an already horrendous safety position.

If I were the Saints, or any team that faces us this season, I would chuck it deep every time. Our front 7 is very strong (our only hope is to get consistent pressure), but falls off a cliff beyond that.

Hewson said:
Could be a don't leave town release and he might be back in a couple of weeks...standard Belichick operating procedure.

If not he'll end up in Miami I think.

FWIW, his locker is still intact, so it might happen.

Of course, they traded for Salas right after.

Back
Top Bottom