NFL 2012 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First TD pass of RG3's career.

Next stop: Canton.

Wait, next stop: the booze in my freezer.

Alright, who is this clown who isn't RG3 playing QB for Washington?

Cousins? Yeah, his man was covered well on that pick, and it was behind him.

I know Rex isn't as horrible as he played today. I was pretty excited about him as a backup, but wow, he doesn't look ready at all.

Peyton looks weird in this Broncos uniform.

That being said, I hope Peppers tears his ugly hillbilly head off.

What's the weirdest you've ever felt about seeing a player in a new uniform?

As a Steeler fan, Franco Harris in a Seahawks uni was fucking weird and depressing all around.

Joe Montana is up there for me.

Seeing Ichiro in pinstripes has been strange.

GAF, for you, maybe Frank Thomas in a Blue Jay or A's uniform?

On a personal level, it has to be Emmitt in a Cardinals uniform. Pudge was an adjustment but eventually easy to get over. If Dirk ever goes anywhere, that's going to take the proverbial cake.

How did you feel about Boggs in pinstripes? I thought that was really strange looking, but, at the time, the Yankee/Sox rivalry had died down a bit so maybe it wasn't so bad?

This, plus free agency vs. midseason trade.

As a longtime Niners fan, I was pretty weirded out to see Jerry Rice in a Raiders uniform. Also, watching old highlights of Steve Young in the orange cremesickle Tampa Bay uni's is kinda trippy.

It will piss me off to see Nash and Howard in Lakers uniforms.

Also, watching old highlights of Steve Young in the orange cremesickle Tampa Bay uni's is kinda trippy.

Of course Young played in Tampa before playing for the Niners so it really doesn't fit in with the likes of Rice in Silver and Black or Jordan in a Wiz uni.

Nobody menioned Gretzky in a Kings or Rangers uniform yet, folks in Canada probably became violently physically ill at those sights.

The worst by far in sports history (yes worse than Jordan) was Bobby Orr however briefly donning a Blackhawks uniform.

Hewson said:
Nobody menioned Gretzky in a Kings or Rangers uniform yet, folks in Canada probably became violently physically ill at those sights.

gretzkyblues.jpg

:wave:

Of course Young played in Tampa before playing for the Niners so it really doesn't fit in with the likes of Rice in Silver and Black or Jordan in a Wiz uni.

The worst by far in sports history (yes worse than Jordan) was Bobby Orr however briefly donning a Blackhawks uniform.

Ooooh, good ones.

Oh yeah I know. I was too young to remember Young playing for the Bucs, so it was weird for me to see it years later after I had known him as a Niner.

Jordan and Gretzky are probably the two best examples.

Another one close to my heart was Karl Malone in a Lakers uniform. Uggh. :angry:

RG3 apparently thinks games are easy because hr had one successful drive in his first preseason game.

I wonder if he'll feel the same way when he's got Osi, JPP and Justin Tuck breathing down his neck.

Our o line is terrible, but they handled a great Buffalo d line on those early drives. It was a bigger surprise than anything he did. If he's showing confidence in them, I figure that's good for team chemistry. It's not like he was making his case for a Lombardi.

Eli made being a QB look relaxing every time he played us last year. Spent more time on his back than Lance's mom. :happy:

Ok, so I may being a bit pedantic here, but why does RG3 get to have the III after his name on the jersey? Are there other examples like that? It feels like he gets to have his nickname on his jersey almost. Clay Matthews doesn't have III after his last name.

bono_212 said:
Ok, so I may being a bit pedantic here, but why does RG3 get to have the III after his name on the jersey? Are there other examples like that? It feels like he gets to have his nickname on his jersey almost. Clay Matthews doesn't have III after his last name.

No one has ever included Clay Matthews' suffix into his name. Check wiki, and nfl.com, etc. Some people utilize their suffix in casual speech, and some don't. It's not a nickname if it's his actual name. Perhaps it was a voluntary choice, but it's not as if he's wearing the Superman socks to every game without any penalties.

Anyway, this game is embarrassing. There is no facet of the Redskins that looks as if it belongs in a professional league, including RG3. He's among the worst. I hope Orakpo is OK.

But at least I've been treated to the "magical duo of Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall from the Broncos." Anyone remember that connection being magical in Denver? Because I don't.

The Jets are a big mess. I am just tired of hearing about them, though it's only gonna get worse.

I do feel a bit for Sanchez, though he was hyped so much by Ryan when he first started that he was doomed. And with each *rare* completion, or 15 yard scramble by Tebow, the fans are going to get restless for Tebowmania.

Back
Top Bottom