NFL 2012 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i do agree that the NFLPA agreed to an awful deal basically losing a lot of rights in cases like this. i bet they're kicking themselves right now.

every commissioner in every league only has as much power as is granted to him by the CBA, which is negotiated on by the players themselves.

i have zero sympathy for any player who feels he's been wronged by a commissioner, be it goodell or stern or whomever, for that very reason.

i also think that every one of these bounty gate guys got exactly what they deserved... and some even got off easy... and that james harrison is as big a piece of shit as there is in sports. so there's that.

i think we can all agree that this is why tom brady doesn't win anymore.

2012-05-08T023437Z_01_NYK70_RTRIDSP_3_USA.jpg

Clearly Roger voted all 29 times.

Clearly no one has more to gain from the process than John Mara, the owner who initiated this.

And clearly there weren't 20 NFL franchises that spent beyond the proposed cap in the uncapped year, with no less than 6 major contracts infringing on the rules profoundly.

Clearly Goodell caught wind of this and meted out the appropriate punishments to all responsible parties.

:up: Good man.

I love my Vikings, and will be the first to admit they suck. But I'm thrilled to no end that the whole staduim bullshit passed through the Minnesota state legislature, which means they're not leaving anytime soon. Yippee.

Overs and unders

http://beyondthebets.com/2012/05/23...ls-packers-patriots-on-top-at-12-wins-apiece/

ARIZONA CARDINALS
Over 7 (-110)
Under 7 (-120)

ATLANTA FALCONS
Over 9 (+105)
Under 9 (-135)

BALTIMORE RAVENS
Over 10 (-110)
Under 10 (-120)

BUFFALO BILLS
Over 7 (-110)
Under 7 (-120)

CAROLINA PANTHERS
Over 7.5 (-115)
Under 7.5 (-115)

CHICAGO BEARS
Over 8.5 (-135)
Under 8.5 (+105)

CINCINNATI BENGALS
Over 7.5 (-130)
Under 7.5 (Even)

CLEVELAND BROWNS
Over 5.5 (Even)
Under 5.5 (-130)

DALLAS COWBOYS
Over 8.5 (-125)
Under 8.5 (-105)

DENVER BRONCOS
Over 9.5 (-110)
Under 9.5 (-120)

DETROIT LIONS
Over 9.5 (+105)
Under 9.5 (-135)

GREEN BAY PACKERS
Over 12 (-125)
Under 12 (-105)

HOUSTON TEXANS
Over 10 (-140)
Under 10 (+110)

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
Over 5.5 (+105)
Under 5.5 (-135)

JACKSONVILLE JAGAURS
Over 5.5 (+105)
Under 5.5 (-135)

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Over 8 (-120)
Under 8 (-110)

MIAMI DOLPHINS
Over 7.5 (-110)
Under 7.5 (-120)

MINNESOTA VIKINGS
Over 6 (Even)
Under 6 (-130)

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Over 12 (-120)
Under 12 (-110)

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
Over 10 (-125)
Under 10 (-105)

NEW YORK GIANTS
Over 9.5 (-110)
Under 9.5 (-120)

NEW YORK JETS
Over 8.5 (-115)
Under 8.5 (-115)

OAKLAND RAIDERS
Over 7 (-110)
Under 7 (-120)

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
Over 10 (-135)
Under 10 (+105)

PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Over 10 (-125)
Under 10 (-105)

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
Over 9 (-130)
Under 9 (Even)

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Over 10 (+105)
Under 10 (-135)

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
Over 7 (-110)
Under 7 (-120)

ST. LOUIS RAMS
Over 6 (-120)
Under 6 (-110)

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
Over 6 (-110)
Under 6 (-120)

TENNESSEE TITANS
Over 7 (-130)
Under 7 (Even)

WASHINGTON REDSKINS
Over 6.5 (Even)
Under 6.5 (-130)

I think we'll manage 7-8 wins, so I would take the over on Washington. Tampa, Cincinnati and Seattle also, although I wouldn't feel safe predicting a playoff berth for any of them (depends on the consistency Matt Flynn displays re: Seattle).

Under: Chicago, Miami, New Orleans

If Miami finished 6-10 with a tougher schedule & changing QBs mid-season, they could possibly win 8. I think our running game and o-line will be better anyway combined with the easier schedule. How much money do you win if you get the over? I never bet on sports...but I randomly picked the winning horse (ill have another) for the derby and could have won good money if I actually bet on it. :angry: So maybe I will bet on NFL this year.

AFC East in general has a fairly easy schedule compared to everyone else...thanks to playing the NFC West.

I actually think Reid is a better GM than head coach, so I do not mind this all that much. Banner's main concern has always been finishing the season with eight digits of salary cap space left. Since he has been phased out (around five months ago), the Eagles have had their best offseason of the Reid Era.

Young New York Giants fan sent Brandon Jacobs $3.36 to stay in New York - ESPN New York

Giants fan sent Brandon Jacobs $3.36

Brandon Jacobs may be in San Francisco but that didn't stop one young fan from emptying his piggy bank in an effort to convince Jacobs to stay.

Jacobs tweeted a letter from 31-year-old Headache in a Suitcase, who sent $3.36 to Jacobs when his mother explained to him that the Giants couldn't keep Jacobs because of money.

"He asked me about it and said, 'How come?' They had just won the Super Bowl so he couldn't understand it," Mrs. Suitcase, Headache's mother, told ABC News. "He said, 'I want to write him a letter and ask him to come back.' "

Jacobs was so touched by the letter that he tweeted a picture of it and the money and said he would take Headache and his own son to Chuck E. Cheese when he returns to New Jersey.

"I almost cried; I am still trying to hold it in," Jacobs tweeted. "I may have to pay him a surprise visit."

Jacobs was released March 9 by the Giants after both sides failed to work out a restructured contract. He is expected to play behind Frank Gore and compete with second-year pro Kendall Hunter for carries with the NFC West champion 49ers.

Jacobs spent seven seasons with New York, winning two Super Bowls and helping the Giants beat the 49ers 20-17 in overtime of the NFC championship game at Candlestick Park on Jan. 22. The 29-year-old Jacobs ran for 571 yards and seven touchdowns last season as his role diminished behind the emerging Ahmad Bradshaw.

"I want to do good and go out there and do the best I can for little Headache," Jacobs said. "After thinking about it since it happened, I'm going to remember this for the rest of my life. When I go back to Jersey, we are going to have some fun together."

Here's the letter written to Jacobs by Mrs. Suitcase and Headache:

"Dear Mr. Jacobs,

My 6-year-old son, Headache , is a huge NY Giants fan. Last year he had the opportunity to go to a game, and he just fell in love with the team. He was very sad to learn that both you and Mario Manningham are no longer with the team. When he asked me why you were going to SF I explained that the Giants did not have enough money to keep you. So, in an effort to convince you to return to NY he wrote you the enclosed letter, and included money from his piggy bank.

"Headache is just learning to read/write so I will help you by translating his letter:

"'Dear Brandon Jacobs,

"So you could go to the Giants, here is my money.

"Love, Headache'

"I hope this letter finds you well. Congratulations on the Superbowl win! Our family will miss you next year, but we wish you all the very best in San Francisco.

"Sincerely, Mrs Suitcase

Back
Top Bottom