NFL 2012 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, Mikal. Looks like Chad Clifton's career in Green Bay is over. He failed a physical and will be released.

yeah, it's funny because the majority of Packers fans are so wrapped up in finding a pass rush in the offseason, but I think my biggest worry going into next season is the LT position. considering the division we play in, we need stability there.

yep. I've accepted the fact that I think this will be a down year for the Packers, meaning we're looking at 9-7 or 10-6. I'm ok with it too. I think they need a year to regroup let some young talent blossom and then dominate in 2013-2014.

yep. I've accepted the fact that I think this will be a down year for the Packers, meaning we're looking at 9-7 or 10-6. I'm ok with it too. I think they need a year to regroup let some young talent blossom and then dominate in 2013-2014.

I don't know. They went 15 - 1 without Clifton and Collins last year, but it took an amazing year from the league MVP to do it. They'll probably move Woodson to Collins' position and go with Shields and Williams at CB, which could be ugly if they can't find any other talent at CB. I've seen enough of Jarrett Bush to know that I don't want to see him on the field other than during kickoffs and punts. Ugh, who knows. Somehow I still think the pass rush is the top concern, since it's the one area where they consistently shit the bed last year..

mikal said:

I think you are selling them a bit short here. Last I checked, they still have Aaron Rodgers.

Cleveland moved up one spot in exchange for a 4th, 5th and 7th. Guessing they want Richardson. Peyton Hillis will probably have a monster year outside of Madden's shadow.

2uy4ndk.png

Let's go.

Somebody want to name me the last non pocket QB to win s super bowl?

Exactly.

Impressive kid though... I do think he'll work his ass off to improve his pocket presence

That's a pretty meaningless stat. What percentage of QBs in this league could realistically be classified as "non-pocket?"

Griffin will put in the effort. The only thing that concerns me is that he may never have a pocket to improve in with our shitty offensive line.

There is a strong Redskins fan presence at the draft. LOUD "Cowboys suck" chant during their pick :up:

It was a good pick, I think. Their secondary has blown pretty hard for some time now.

Mixture of boos and cheers at Miami's Tannehill pick.

It's a massive stretch, but that front office arrives here with their tail between their legs. I think it's a mistake, many people think it's a mistake, but they certainly need a QB.

Hahaha, Paul Allen is tweeting all picks ~2 minutes before Goodell announces. I assume someone talked to him, because with pick 7 he suddenly changed from flatly announcing "Blackmon to Jax" to caveats like "sounds like Tannehil to Miami", "may be K to Carolina", "looking like Gilmore to Buff"

Until just now, I thought Ryan Tannehill was the 28 year old QB. Whoops! ....Yeah, Browns.

I have no idea what Chicago was thinking, considering the help they need on OL and the solid players they skipped over at that position. Miami wasn't baffling, but it's a desperate Jason Campbell-type reach. Seattle is taking a chance on a basket case. Those are the only picks that jump out me as egregious so far, but it's impossible to judge at this point.

I do like Cincinnati's picks so far.

There was a good story from Yahoo Sports about Bruce Irvin.

Dropped out of school, got involved with a drug robbery, put his life together, got a GED and went to WVU. After all that happened the last incident happened a month or so ago when he knocked a magnetic Pita Pit hood ornament off a delivery car and got arrested.

Admittedly the background does cast a pall over everything else Irvin does, but I can see why a team would still take a chance. Maybe I'm rationalizing. But I guess we'll see!

Somebody want to name me the last non pocket QB to win s super bowl?

Exactly.

Impressive kid though... I do think he'll work his ass off to improve his pocket presence
The difference is that Griffin is an accurate passer, which is usually not the case for non-pocket quarterbacks.

Part of his issue was that Baylor had a train wreck of an offensive line. I think he's going to be a very good pro QB.

Also, love the pick of Fletcher Cox in Philly. Fills that Mike Patterson shaped hole in the defensive line. Combine that with DeMeco Ryans and you have a much more solid middle to the Eagles defense. Now, if they can get one OLB and one safety, I think they're in pretty good shape.

PhilsFan said:
The difference is that Griffin is an accurate passer, which is usually not the case for non-pocket quarterbacks.

This is why the Vick/Vince Young comparisons bother me so much. His style is more similar to Randall Cunningham or Steve Young than those purely non-pocket passers.

PhilsFan said:
Also, love the pick of Fletcher Cox in Philly. Fills that Mike Patterson shaped hole in the defensive line. Combine that with DeMeco Ryans and you have a much more solid middle to the Eagles defense. Now, if they can get one OLB and one safety, I think they're in pretty good shape.

I was surprised they didn't go LB, but hey, their guy fell to them. They've been eyeing Fletcher Cox for some time now.

Back
Top Bottom