NFL 2012 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Urlacher ain't the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. He probably shouldn't talk as much as he does.

But he loves to eat infant children and is one of the best football players of the last 15 years, and he will kill grown men in a way that resembles the Rancor from Return Of The Jedi.

:lol:

PhilsFan said:
High character teams are extremely overrated. Sure, they're easier to root for if you're a fan, but look at how many asshats have gotten rings in the last five years in the major sports. Yeah, high character doesn't mean as much as people think it does.

I disagree. It's all dependent on the situation.

The Patriots or Giants or Steelers or Packers can bring in a few asshats because they have established a winning culture with strong locker room leaders... whereas with some other teams, the Jets are prime examples, bringing in scumbags and selfish players leads to a complete breakdown of team chemistry.

Having a strong locker room and a culture of accountability keeps the shitbags in check.

I disagree. It's all dependent on the situation.

The Patriots or Giants or Steelers or Packers can bring in a few asshats because they have established a winning culture with strong locker room leaders... whereas with some other teams, the Jets are prime examples, bringing in scumbags and selfish players leads to a complete breakdown of team chemistry.

Having a strong locker room keeps the shitbags in check.

yep. i remember in the mid 90's when the Packers had Reggie White. if there were any clowns or bad folks, they shut up in a real hurry because Reggie was the leader of the locker room.

it's all about that positive culture.

hey, this has nothing to do with your post, but i just wanted to point out that 5 of the 8 away games for the Packers this year are in domes. you know how much Rodgers loves playing in domes. :)

It does have me a bit worried about the team going soft come December/January.

can't believe the Cowboys were chosen to take on the Giants on opening night. imo, they missed a great opportunity to have the Packers come in and seek revenge. maybe the NFL just wants to ensure that the streak of reigning Super Bowl champs winning the opener remains safe. :wink:

this must mean that they have some other prime time game for the Packers for Sunday or Monday night.....maybe the 49'ers, Bears, or Saints.

top ten NBC sunday night football games by overnight ratings...

1. 1/02/12, Cowboys-Giants 17.1/27
2. 9/11/11, Cowboys-Jets 16.9/27
T3. 9/20/09, Giants-Cowboys 16.5/27
T3. 12/12/10, Eagles-Cowboys 16.5/25
5. 9/12/10, Cowboys-Redskins 16.4/26
6. 12/11/11, Giants-Cowboys 16.1/25

considering the giants-cowboys season finale had higher ratings than the packers-saints season opener... yea... hardly surprising that the league went with dallas. only thing that should be surprising is that nobody really brought it up beforehand, as it seems fairly obvious.

not surprising that it beat out the Saints-Packers considering that they are both small market teams. i think Giants-Packers would have had no problem shattering ratings considering the Packers' wide fan base across the country. i'd say the Saints brought the ratings down last year.

not surprising that it beat out the Saints-Packers considering that they are both small market teams. i think Giants-Packers would have had no problem shattering ratings considering the Packers' wide fan base across the country. i'd say the Saints brought the ratings down last year.

the cowboys have by far the biggest TV fan base... combine that with the natural rivalry with the giants, and the new york market, and the super bowl celebration, and that everyone watches the first game no matter who's in it... and yea. it's a no brainer.

the NFL is about TV ratings now... this matchup is the biggest potential ratings draw.

Brandon Jacobs has the worst shaped head i've ever seen. him leaving the Giants may help me like them a little more though.

popeye-jones.jpg

those are some ugly rings. they'll look better next year when the have the Packers logo on them again. :wink:

As a Bills fan, I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. With the additions of Mario Williams and Mark Anderson, we have a bona fide pass rush for the first time since the 90s.

Back
Top Bottom