NFL 2012 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GirlsAloudFan said:
Maybe they just want the attention?

Lord knows they're gonna get it.

That's exactly why they did it.

On December 24th the Jets franchise thought they were finally going to stomp out the Giants and take over new york. Not only did they not win, but the giants went on to use the victory to catapult themselves to another super bowl, rendering the jets meaningless yet again.

This is their reply.

a72193407c01001689e2ac3a16e588ce.jpg

By the end of the offseason, the mob might grow to double digits!

Wallace is good, but he's nowhere near the receiver Fitzgerald is, he should make maybe half or a little over half of what Fitzgerald gets.

these idiots should focus on the economy and issues in the Middle East and keep their noses out of football.

Actually, one can make a pretty good argument that the fact that they are focusing on football is good for the Middle East and the economy.

ESPN poll with 250,000+ votes:

WHO SHOULD START FOR THE JETS??

SANCHEZ - 51%
TEBOW - 49%

My favorite online comment on the situation:

Sanchez better have a good chiropractor. He is going to seriously hurt his neck looking over his shoulder.

Having seen both place a decent amount, I would say that Sanchez is a better quarterback. But I'd rather have Vick than either of them, and that's saying something, because I hate Vick.

I don't think Tebow is anywhere near as skilled a passer as Sanchez, but he also isn't a total loser. Tebow has all of the intangibles Sanchez does not have and, indeed, never will. He may also never get above a 55% completion percentage at any point in his career.

Matt Forte, on Twitter after the Bears signed Michael Bush to a 4-year contract:

There's only so many times a man that has done everything he's been asked to do can be disrespected! Guess the GOOD GUYS do finish last....

Then 4 hours later:

for the record I'm not mad at the signing of another running back. This is 4th time that's happened. I embrace competition as well as help. But as for not taking care of ur own and undervaluing a player under his market value is another story! #twitterrant

Lol. The Bears are a mess. They trade for a WR a couple days after he punches a woman, and they continue to disrespect one of the best RB's in the league.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah....

I don't think that adding the most talented wide receiver in franchise history and a very solid #2 running back qualifies as being "a mess" but, whatever helps you sleep at night, mikal.

just trying to rile you up since i know you hate the team with the most NFL championships so much.

but really, the move that would have scared me was if the Bears got Mario Williams. THAT would have been scary. Brandon Marshall will give you some great games where he catches 15 balls for 200 yds, but he'll also give the Bears constant headaches with his attitude. i would personally take Greg Jennings over him on any team. having a team of high character and/or content players is very underrated.

High character teams are extremely overrated. Sure, they're easier to root for if you're a fan, but look at how many asshats have gotten rings in the last five years in the major sports. Yeah, high character doesn't mean as much as people think it does.

High character teams are extremely overrated. Sure, they're easier to root for if you're a fan, but look at how many asshats have gotten rings in the last five years in the major sports. Yeah, high character doesn't mean as much as people think it does.

i'm more talking about it from the perspective of high character guys that don't disrupt team chemistry. yes, guys like Rapistburger and Burress won championships, but they weren't necessarily disruptive to their teams the year they won the Super Bowl.

In reference to B-Marsh and his "character issues" specifically - The dude is already good buddies with his Quarterback, and has been for years. I think he'll be perfectly comfortable and won't be a problem.

I'm not worried about Brandon Marshall. I am deeply concerned about the well-being of the rest of the secondaries in the NFC North, though. Poor guys.

In reference to B-Marsh and his "character issues" specifically - The dude is already good buddies with his Quarterback, and has been for years. I think he'll be perfectly comfortable and won't be a problem.

I'm not worried about Brandon Marshall. I am deeply concerned about the well-being of the rest of the secondaries in the NFC North, though. Poor guys.

yeah, not sure he'll disrupt the team or not. Urlacher already made comments though saying he's worried about Marshall getting suspended. it another incident happens, the team could turn on him quickly.

Hey, Mikal. I'm sure you know by now, but Jeff Saturday is a Packer.

great signing. veteran leadership and someone that is comfortable running no huddle.

cool to see that he turned down the chance to reunite with Manning to pick the team with the better chance at getting him a 2nd ring. :up:

yeah, not sure he'll disrupt the team or not. Urlacher already made comments though saying he's worried about Marshall getting suspended. it another incident happens, the team could turn on him quickly.

Urlacher ain't the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. He probably shouldn't talk as much as he does.

But he loves to eat infant children and is one of the best football players of the last 15 years, and he will kill grown men in a way that resembles the Rancor from Return Of The Jedi.

I think Denver's actually just as legit a contender, and I was suprised that Jeff decided to head out into the sticks instead of continuing with Payton.

I definitely feel better about him starting than Deitrich-Smith or a rookie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom