NFL 2012 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know about that. The guy's been in the spotlight since his freshman year at Florida. That was like 6 years ago.

I think after 6 years, a thing ceases to be a "fad."

I don't know about that. The guy's been in the spotlight since his freshman year at Florida. That was like 6 years ago.

I think after 6 years, a thing ceases to be a "fad."

College hype of Tim Tebow =/= NFL hype of Tim Tebow.

The NFL Tim Tebow is a fad. I mean hey, what ever happened to that Joseph Kony guy anyways?

Yeah. That Kony video was in the public consciousness for a week. Tebow's been in the American sport fan's consciousness since 2006. I hope that wasn't a serious comparison.

You're saying that sports media and sports fans will stop talking about Tim Tebow soon?

I find that very, very hard to believe.

i have zero idea why green bay or new england would be interested in tebowitz.

then again, i don't really know why anyone would be interested in tebow, but especially any team that already has a franchise quarterback whom tebow would never, ever, in a million years, have a chance of beating out.

If Tebow were to come to NE (and it won't happen, Belichick played against him twice last season and destroyed him, and his courting of him pre-draft was just another smokescreen to get others to think he wanted him and overreact), it would only be if nobody trades for him and he gets cut and the Pats can get him for nothing, and he wouldn't be on the roster as a QB, he's be used as an H-Back type, but there's no need for him there with Aaron Hernandez on the roster.

Jacksonville makes sense just to sell tickets, no place makes any real sense from a football perspective.

Oh, come the fuck on, man.

You're really going to take a swipe at my sense of humor?

I can't comprehend your posts about 90% of the time, so forgive me for not being positive about whether or not you were joking on this particular occasion.

Tebow.

And here's an example of me struggling to understand the things you type. When you say this:

College hype of Tim Tebow =/= NFL hype of Tim Tebow.

Do you mean that you feel the hype surrounding him in college was bigger or smaller than the hype surrounding him in the NFL? I honestly have no idea.

Oh, come the fuck on, man.

You're really going to take a swipe at my sense of humor?

I can't comprehend your posts about 90% of the time, so forgive me for not being positive about whether or not you were joking on this particular occasion.

Tebow.

Am I not allowed to 'take a swipe' at your sense of humor when you respond with a bitter, angry, serious responses to something that's clearly a joke? Joseph Kony? Holy crap man, it's not my fault that you think that for some reason I'm retarded or something. How on Earth could such a comment be even remotely serious?

And here's an example of me struggling to understand the things you type. When you say this:

"..."

Do you mean that you feel the hype surrounding him in college was bigger or smaller than the hype surrounding him in the NFL? I honestly have no idea.

Tebow's college hype is not the same as Tebow's NFL hype. What's not to understand? It's not a matter of bigger or smaller hype. His hype in college was being fueled from a different source. It's not a continuous stream of the same Tim Tebow hype. The new hype surrounding Tim Tebow can very well be a fad, unless you expect Tim Tebow to continue to bullshit his way through games with his phenomenal 70 QBR. His 'winning' ways wont hold up. He'll fade away, because he sucks. In college, he didn't suck. His hype was surrounding the fact that he was very, very good.

So of the teams mentioned in the Tebow hunt today, the Packers are the only team not being ruled out. This is unreal.

So Tebow backing up Vick in Philly...interesting...sssh don't tell anyone, Broncos are still trying to up the price by playing the Jets and Jags off one another and then go to Craig Stadler and give him last look to match.

AohUJu8CMAAWSXL.jpg

I really hope he ends up with the Jets.

At least somebody would have a more miserable off-season than the Dolphins, and at least that somebody would be the Jets.

Obviously, things change in the NFL, but on March 9th the Jets signed Sanchez to a 3 year contract extension. In other words, I don't see the Jets getting Tebow.

lol, 2 big stories come out at the same time. glad the Packers didn't get him. a 4th round pick is too much.

Tebow to New York?

I think that helps my "Tebow won't fade from the spotlight" theory. There's not a market in the league that would give him more media attention.

And he's backing up a QB that isn't all that consistent or revered, so he'll definitely have an opportunity to sneak into the starting spot.

TEBOWMANIA LIVES ON!

:drool::drool::drool:

I want a Hills/Kardashians-esque reality show about Tebow acclimating himself to the bright lights of the Big Apple.

Broadway Tebow or something. I'll work on the title and get back to you.

Back
Top Bottom