NFL 2012 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Word around town is that Alex Smith is PO'd with both San Francisco and his agents.

His agents represent Peyton Manning as well, and he's mad that they're basically enabling San Francisco to have Manning over Smith.

So what's being said is that Smith wont return to SF, regardless of whether or not they get Manning. Interesting.

And then Miami is stuck overpaying for, at best, a marginally above average QB.

You mean we can have a marginally above average QB?!?!?

Where do we sign!!!!?!!?

No but in all seriousness, I'm for it as long as:
1. It's <= 3 years
2. The Dolphins still have the intent to draft a QB either this year or next year with their 1st round pick

Not at all. And he's young, and not exactly an injury prone guy either. He's responsible with the ball (in throwing it, I mean), and he's got some talent.

I think the idea rests more on whether or not the Dolphins want to draft Tannehill. If he's not available at #8, I doubt they're wasting a pick at #8 for a QB that can probably be had late in the 1st/in the 2nd round. In which case, they'd be stupid to draft a 28 year old QB knowing that Alex Smith has proven credentials, experience, and is a year younger.

I don't see em letting go of Matt Moore. He's a pretty valuable QB if you ask me. If you can get a real QB in front of him, he just might be one of the best safety net QBs out there. Just gets problematic when you have Smith/Moore/Tannehill. But that's a good problem to have. Three QBs with future potential fighting for the job. Both Smith and Moore make superb stopgap solutions, although I doubt Smith wants to be considered in such a way.

tom silverstein @TomSilverstein

Told the real value of the Flynn deal is $19M with the possibility of making about $5 million more over the course of the contract.

He's only guaranteed $10m from what I've read.

So... the Dolphins didn't back out on Flynn due to money. Although I heard they lowballed the shit out of him.

You never know. Maybe Philbin can get more out of the guy. It's not like Smith's devoid of talent.

Miami threw one of their only good receivers out the window in a play for Manning. Smith had Vernon Davis and Michael Crabtree and was still merely decent.

If they don't get Smith (and they won't), pick up Tannehill.

If they get Smith, get Blackmon so he'll have somebody to throw to. If that fails early on, suck for Barkley. If it works, well, Smith still has some years left in him.

He's only guaranteed $10m from what I've read.

So... the Dolphins didn't back out on Flynn due to money. Although I heard they lowballed the shit out of him.

There seems to be a thought that Miami was expecting Flynn to come to them regardless because of Philbin. I kinda get that, but, honestly, I think Flynn owes more to Clements, McCarthy and Rodgers for his development than Philbin.

There seems to be a thought that Miami was expecting Flynn to come to them regardless because of Philbin. I kinda get that, but, honestly, I think Flynn owes more to Clements, McCarthy and Rodgers for his development than Philbin.

Whatever. I would've been cool with Flynn, but I wasn't crazy excited. there's boom/bust potential there.

There's no bad move the Dolphins can make at this point. The best moves are gone though.

Like I said, he's not an answer to our long anticipated QB question. But he's a good substitution for an answer until we can develop a reasonable one.

Yep, he still would likely be the best QB Miami has had in a while. He could be very effective, as long as they don't put the whole team on his back.

peyton-manning-tim-tebow-denver-broncos.jpg

i just took your job, son

Peyton Manning has reportedly chosen his team and he will be the next quarterback of ... the Denver Broncos. CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman confirms that Manning's pick is Denver and that a contract "is a formality" at this point.

Freeman also reports that the Broncos will attempt to trade Tim Tebow and "do not care" what they get for him.

tim tebow, folks.

i think all fans of NFC Teams not located in San Francisco should all celebrate. that team would have been scary!

I realize Eli is in the NFC, but he should have went to the Niners.

I wouldn't put it past Belichick to get Tebow on the cheap.

i think he should have as well... but i'm not gonna shed a tear that he didn't.

i read that rumor about the pats getting tebow as well... it makes zero sense, but i read it.

somewhere, drudge is heartbroken.

the Niners should still be tough, but it really does make the NFC pretty inviting again to teams like the Giants, Packers, and Eagles. i think the Saints and Falcons may take a step back. Lions should be tough and the Bears should be better too.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i think he should have as well... but i'm not gonna shed a tear that he didn't.

i read that rumor about the pats getting tebow as well... it makes zero sense, but i read it.

somewhere, drudge is heartbroken.

It would be crazy and I wouldn't want it to happen, but you never know.

Back
Top Bottom