need help w/fantasy football lineup - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Old 10-04-2009, 07:23 AM   #1
The Fly
Local Time: 02:58 AM
need help w/fantasy football lineup

I usually start Aaron Rodgers, with Brett Favre on my bench. This week, all the "experts" are rating Favre above Rodgers because of GB's weak O-Line and the Vikings great defense. Should I start:

1. Aaron Rodgers @ Minnesota - Vikings are 12th in the NFL against the run and 4th against the pass.

2. Brett Favre v. Green Bay - Packers are 23rd in the NFL against the run and 12th against the pass.

Favre is at home and has the better matchup, but the guy I'm playing has Adrian Peterson. Like I said, GB is terrible against the run. So Favre may just let Peterson run wild all day. If that happens, it may turn into a shoot-out, allowing Rodgers to throw a lot (I also have Greg Jennings).

Anyway, this is my first dilemma of the season. I would appreciate any advice. The game is not until Monday night. Thanks in advance!

AlexHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:35 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 03:58 AM
i would start Rodgers based on potential. Minnesota's pass defense is suspect, even with the strong pass rush. you have to think that Rodgers will be forced to throw a lot because Grant will most likely be shut down. and GB isn't terrible against the run. they had one bad week againt Cincy which is kind of skewing the numbers. look at how they focused on shutting down Forte in Week 1. i'm assuming that's how they're game planning against Peterson. so Favre may throw a little more than usual. still, you start Rodgers. Rodgers is more efficient and takes care of the ball better. but the real tie breaker is that he'll throw more than Favre, giving him more opportunity.

also, just a small tip, never think about who your opponent has. it makes absolutely no difference at the end of the day. points are points.

mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 03:58 AM
Start Favre.
GirlsAloudFan is online now   Reply With Quote