NBA Playoffs 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was pretty ugly/messy but, yeah, gutsy too.

Shocking performance from Curry, wow. He's too good to shoot that poorly, I don't care who was checking him.

Curry was garbage tonight. But GS fumbling the ball out of bounds after the Green block was huge. I think if GS held on to that, they probably would've won.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That was pretty ugly/messy but, yeah, gutsy too.

Shocking performance from Curry, wow. He's too good to shoot that poorly, I don't care who was checking him.

He should probably start cutting to the basket, since Cleveland is blowing up all the pick-and-rolls and Dellevedova is glued to him on the 3-point line.

He should probably start cutting to the basket, since Cleveland is blowing up all the pick-and-rolls and Dellevedova is glued to him on the 3-point line.

He took it to the rim a few times and it worked out, so, agreed.

Dude's fucking sublime so anyone getting on his case for one bad game is a clown, but, it was just shockingly brutal.

And WTF with Van Gundy saying he'd intentionally miss the 2nd FT if LeBron missed the first when you are up 1 point? Does he understand that if you hit that FT a 2 or a foul will only send you to a 2nd OT and not beat you? This guy did coach in the league once upon a time....that comment will ensure he never does again.

And WTF with Van Gundy saying he'd intentionally miss the 2nd FT if LeBron missed the first when you are up 1 point? Does he understand that if you hit that FT a 2 or a foul will only send you to a 2nd OT and not beat you? This guy did coach in the league once upon a time....that comment will ensure he never does again.

I love JVG but that was an odd comment, I thought.

I think he just assumed that it would be really unlikely for the Warriors to have a chance for a 2 with only 3-4 seconds left anyways, so it could be worth it to waste a precious second or two on the rebound. But yeah, probably too risky given the possibility of a foul.

I think he just assumed that it would be really unlikely for the Warriors to have a chance for a 2 with only 3-4 seconds left anyways, so it could be worth it to waste a precious second or two on the rebound. But yeah, probably too risky given the possibility of a foul.

He also said that the rebound would not go to Curry or Klay, which, I get the point, but, still.....

His whole premise seemed to be that if a big man got the rebound he'd probably throw it away, which is funny because Curry did just that.

CG8trGyVAAEAnrg.png

Seems it's going to take a hell of a lot for people to give Dellavedova his full due. Aussie Twitter blew up today, but I saw a lot of tweets like this https://twitter.com/ESPN_Colin/status/607712403623710720

Everyone I've seen have been giving him props for last nights performance. Obviously his D against Curry and that 3 was huge.

I've been following Dellavedova since college (in fact he hit a half court shot against us to win the game) so I knew what he was all about. Pleasantly surprised he's been able to perform on such a big stage.

Everyone I've seen have been giving him props for last nights performance. Obviously his D against Curry and that 3 was huge.

I've been following Dellavedova since college (in fact he hit a half court shot against us to win the game) so I knew what he was all about. Pleasantly surprised he's been able to perform on such a big stage.

:up:

Admittedly he sent that tweet out prior to the game. And also admittedly my knowledge of basketball is not good. Just gotta dick ride for my Aussie boys, y'know?

Great series so far, looking forward to the rest.

I still don't get why Mozgov disappeared from that game in the second half? Did he have diarrhea or something? Yes, I know the Warriors went small mostly, but there were times when they could have played him.

Mozgov has sat 4th quarters pretty much the entire year; I can't understand why. He definitely should have been in the game toward the end, at least in place of Thompson to prevent the intentional fouling scenario.

Seems it's going to take a hell of a lot for people to give Dellavedova his full due. Aussie Twitter blew up today, but I saw a lot of tweets like this https://twitter.com/ESPN_Colin/status/607712403623710720
It's so ridiculously cliche to say because he's a small white dude, but he really did make a ton of hustle plays last night that made a significant impact. He's still a liability offensively, but his defense on Curry was impressive last night.

Curry is god awful and the Cavs make more free throws than Golden State takes. And it goes to overtime.

Yep.
I give Cleveland a lot of credit for how their defense is keeping them in this series. But I saw nothing in Game 2 offensively from Cleveland that makes me think keeping up with Golden State is sustainable. Golden State has too many good defenders who are free to help on LeBron because of how weak the rest of the Cavs offense is.

Two games in and this ostensible juggernaut that is GS has yet to show up. I'd say Cleveland deserves more recognition for having taken them out of their element (i.e. not allowing them to shoot uncontested threes all game). If there's anything I've seen about GS so far, it's that forcing a lot of their players to put the ball on the floor a few times greatly reduces their efficiency.

I don't think people are underselling how Cleveland's played defensively, though. The entire narrative heading into this series was "If Cleveland has a chance, it'll be because they've really found their defensive identity here late in the season." As I said, the much greater concern for Cleveland is going to be on offense. That and just getting tired out by their already thin depth being really exposed by the Love/Irving injuries.

The silver lining in Love and Irving's injuries is that they were possibly their two weakest defenders (well, outside of JR). So it has allowed them to strengthen their defense a little bit.

I think Cleveland's defense has been very good, but you can't expect Curry to shoot like that for another game or two. And it's hard to see the Cavs winning a high scoring game at this stage.

The question I have is how the refs will call the next games. There was a LOT of contact in Lebron drives throughout games 1-2 that could be easily called fouls. Especially by Iggy, but also Draymond. If they start to call that, all of a sudden the Cavs offense will get better because of (i) more free throws and (ii) more Lebron assists off the help.

The silver lining in Love and Irving's injuries is that they were possibly their two weakest defenders (well, outside of JR). So it has allowed them to strengthen their defense a little bit.

I think Cleveland's defense has been very good, but you can't expect Curry to shoot like that for another game or two. And it's hard to see the Cavs winning a high scoring game at this stage.

The question I have is how the refs will call the next games. There was a LOT of contact in Lebron drives throughout games 1-2 that could be easily called fouls. Especially by Iggy, but also Draymond. If they start to call that, all of a sudden the Cavs offense will get better because of (i) more free throws and (ii) more Lebron assists off the help.

In fairness, LeBron has gotten away with some egregious push offs when posting up Draymond. But yes, Iguodala was getting away with borderline assault by the end of Game 2.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Peef as I recall you (and others) weren't a big Lebron fan when he was at Miami, is there more sympathy for him now he's back at Cleveland?

Hoping to catch some of the second half tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom