NBA Playoffs 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CGtZvsTVAAANV7m.jpg

If Cleveland makes it to a game 6 they should give them a half a banner.

They don't have a chance, with or without Kyrie. They're basically the 2012 Knicks plus LeBron. I don't know if that's more of a compliment to LeBron, an insult towards Carmelo or an insult towards the Eastern Conference.

If Cleveland was somehow able to win this series I'd actually start listening to those who want to make Jordan comparisons.

If Kyrie is out the Warriors sweep. If he plays, I'll give LeBron one win, probably in Game 3.

Cleveland really misses Kevin Love in this series. The Thompson-Mozgov pairing completely clogs the line for Lebron.

How did Speights end up with an assist last night, did the ball slip out of his hands and someone else lay it in? Dude has only one thought in mind when he receives the ball, and that thought is not "pass".

The Warriors may be the closest thing we've seen to a perfectly constructed modern NBA team.

Yes, they are very good, but not unbeatable. Cleveland still had a chance in the final seconds to win that game, on the road and with a down game from Smith, whom they have been relying on a lot lately. Seems GS has next to no inside scoring presence - Cleveland needs to find a way to exploit that somehow.

Yes, they are very good, but not unbeatable. Cleveland still had a chance in the final seconds to win that game, on the road and with a down game from Smith, whom they have been relying on a lot lately. Seems GS has next to no inside scoring presence - Cleveland needs to find a way to exploit that somehow.

that was Cleveland's Iverson 76ers vs the Lakers game... only they lost.

I give Cleveland this... if they can win Game 2 then they have an excellent opportunity to make this a long series, and at that point anything can happen.

If they lose game 2 this shit is over.

A down game from Smith, sure ... but also a down game from Draymond Green. And Draymond is much more likely to have a positive impact on this series moving forward than Smith is.

With Kyrie likely done, this has all the makings of a sweep.

Kyrie Irving fractured his left kneecap and will miss remainder of playoffs | cleveland.com

Bloody unbelievable. Not that anyone gives a damn, but Kyrie is my favorite Cleveland athlete ever, from any sport, so I was really hoping he would get a legitimate chance to shine in these finals.

That sucks, no matter how you slice it. Sorry...for you, for Cavs fans and for NBA fans, because these Finals are pretty much over now*, and judging by last night's ratings, a lot of people were very interested to watch this series.

The only silver lining for me, who while rooting for the Cavs does not truly have a dog in the fight is that it will be interesting to watch James have to go into 100% heroball mode. The juxtaposition of that against how the Warriors play the game is just interesting to me. I think LBJ is sublime, always have, and we'll likely never see another career 27 fucking points a night scorer with more of a passing mentality than this cat.....but, yeah, not sure why, I just want to see him play 48** minutes a night and just do everything he can to beat the Warriors on his own, cos watching Mozgov try to get shit done late in the 4th was unpleasant. I predicted Warriors in 5, so I thought the Cavs were fucked to begin with, but now.....yeah, I want to see LBJ go full Kobe and whatever happens, happens.

*I hope I am wrong and have to eat my words

** ok, 43 or something

Were you even a Bulls fan growing up? Not the Bullets/Wizards?

In the late 90s I bandwagoned the Bulls like everyone else and have always called them my team, but I didn't start following the sport on a game-to-game basis until I moved to the area.

My sports interests expanded tenfold after I moved out. My father is a great guy, but I wish he followed more than just NFL.

Hold up, how did Kyrie manage to fracture a kneecap without contact? That's unreal. Watching the play a few times, I can't pinpoint where an injury like that would happen. Looked like an ACL tear at the time.

EDIT: Nevermind, there was some contact. Thompson's right knee bumped into Kyrie's left knee.

Last edited:
I'll take this over an ACL tear, but at this point I have to admit Kyrie is fragile. The first year or two as the injuries piled up, you could say he was still growing into his body or whatever at age 19 and 20, but now he's four years in and still with frequent injury problems.

So yeah, the only way Cleveland even gets a game now is if LeBron goes for 70 and/or JR hits a dozen threes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom