NBA Playoffs 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't think we're ready yet. Too many scoring droughts. With Pau, I'm sure the result would have been different, but again, with Love and a healthy Irving it would have been even more lopsided. Cavs are just a step ahead, although this is indeed a very good Bulls team.

What's baffling me about Chicago is they are starting two players who are completely one-dimensional: Noah who is only useful if he is setting a screen, and Dunleavy who is only useful if he is given a wide-open three that he can size up for ages. That really hinders your versatility.

i can't believe we're still sitting here with the hack-a-shaq issue still in play.

it's so freakin' simple... an intentional foul off the ball is a tech. end of problem. if they're going to foul a bad foul shooter, he either has to have the ball, or it has to be a basketball play.

ding dong problem solved. why is this so hard?

I don't feel strongly, but to me, shooting free throws is an important basketball skill. Why are you going to reward players that are so so bad at it?

It's not a reward for players that are bad at shooting free throws... It's stopping teams from exploiting these players with non basketball plays.

If you want to fool a bad free throw shooter every time he touches the ball, I'm all for it. But to intentionally foul someone off the ball by simply wrapping them up is not a basketball play.

As I said, I don't feel too strongly about this one. But I think Pop has a point when he says the following:

There will be a lot of discussion about the fouling, as there should be. But principle-wise, I fee’ really strongly that it’s a tactic that can be used. If someone can’t shoot free throws, that’s their problem. As I’ve said before, if we’re not allowed to do something to take advantage of a team’s weakness, a trade should be made before each game. ‘We won’t foul your guy, but you promise not to block any of our shots.’ Or, ‘We won’t foul your guy, and you allow us to shoot all uncontested shots.’

So we’d have to make a trade. On an intellectual or principle basis, I think you’re on high ground. Now, visual-wise, it’s awful. It couldn’t be worse. I tend to side on the principle side where it’s basketball, and if we have a guy who can’t shoot and it’s an important part of the game, I should probably get him off the court. We’ll see how it comes out. I’m sure the way it looks will be discussed very seriously by the league.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....e-cant-shoot-free-throws-thats-their-problem/

In every other level of basketball a deliberate foul that is not a basketball play is an intentional foul, and rewarded with two shots and the ball... Even in the NBA you get two shots and the ball when there's under 2 minutes in a half.

So all they would be doing is getting in line with every other level of basketball. The only place where this happens is the NBA.

Like I said earlier... I have no issue with putting a poor free throw shooter to the line deliberately as strategy. My problem is that it's occurring intentionally away from the ball, on plays that have zero effect on the play.

That's not taking advantage of a weakness, that's exploiting an NBA specific loophole.

And I don't fault teams for trying it.

But it's a problem that can be easily fixed without doing anything that doesn't already happen in the NBA when it's under 2 and in every other level of play always.

Fair enough. I never really understood why it is only in the last 2 minutes (?) that off-ball fouls are considered to be technical fouls.

I guess there would be issues with off-ball fouls in situations like fighting for space in the post, or setting screens. I assume the defense would be inclined to be overly physical against a Shaq/Jordan, but it might be murky to determine the threshold of an intentional foul in these situations.

CEzyLQ0UMAA7q1q.jpg

Cobbler, you'll be pleased to know that your compatriot Dellavedova is playing extremely well in this playoff series.

I'm just the opposite. Towns all the way. Okafor as #2.

Also, I don't know shit about college basketball.

i wouldn't be crushed with Towns... but Okafor's been the unanimous choice for most of the season, and then all of a sudden he gets into foul trouble in the tournament and he's #2.

i get why people are intrigued by Towns. he's more athletic and appears to be better defensively, but okafor was also dealing with a bum ankle throughout the tournament. and oh yea, his team won.

he's so polished offensively and is still very young. apparently he's also dropped 12 pounds since the end of the season and is in much better shape now.

i'm fine with any of the top 5 potential picks. but if i was given the choice? yea... i take Okafor

what will be very interesting is what happens if Philly gets #1 or #2... they already took Noel and Embid with high picks in the last two years. would they take another big or would they trade down?

This being the Knicks, they'll probably get to pick just below the guy who eventually becomes a superstar.

But yeah, Okafor's offensive potential is amazing. Towns may be a more complete player, based on what I've read, but I'd be ecstatic with any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom