NBA Basketball 2008-09: The Thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You highlighted that rule, but you didn't acutally read it. The contact with the rim needs to cause an unnatural bounce. Which it clearly didn't in real time or the replay. Lee just whips it off the backboard with no chance of it ever falling into the hoop. In fact it is the referees job to determine angles and to decide whether or not that ball would have gone in without the minor contact that gasol made with the rim.

it is a ref's job to judge wether a ball that has not yet made contact with the rim or backboard had a legit chance to go in, or if it was going to be an airball that falls 5 feet short like, say, derrick whittenburg's shot... or if a ball is thrown like a rocket off the backboard.

lee's shot hit the backboard and hit the rim... therefore it is a shot that has a chance, and it clearly should have been called goaltending.

if a player hits the rim while the ball is still on the backboard or on the cylinder, it's goaltending. period.

yes, howard, too, got away with goaltending earlier in the game. but to try and claim that pao didn't committ goaltending on lee's shot is silly. he did, he got away with it.

did it cost orlando the game? yes and no. immediately yes... in the grand scheme of things, no... like was already brought up howard got away with a goal tending earlier in the game. also orlando still had overtime to try and win, and thirdly lee should have made the shot regardless.

but yes, it was 100% goaltending.

For the most part, the Lakers aren't happy with the way they played or won; they know that they were "this close" to being 1-1 ...look for them to come out hard for #3...they've yet to play two "downer" games in a row this year...

Like Kobe told one of the media, "the work isn't over yet!"

I'd like to punch Kobe in the face whenever he does that underbite sneer, for whatever it's worth.

I'd like to punch Kobe in the face whenever he does that underbite sneer, for whatever it's worth.

I'm as big a fan of Kobe as anybody and I've cringed each time he's made that face. It's stupid. I will say, though...the play he made in Game 1 that caused him to make that face was absolutely insane and he had earned the right to do a little bit of showboating at that point. I just wish he'd chosen to do something a little bit less uncool.

I'm as big a fan of Kobe as anybody and I've cringed each time he's made that face. It's stupid. I will say, though...the play he made in Game 1 that caused him to make that face was absolutely insane and he had earned the right to do a little bit of showboating at that point. I just wish he'd chosen to do something a little bit less uncool.

I have no problem with showboating in that case, as long as it doesn't make you look retarded.

Also, the amount of bail-out calls he gets per game is about as insane as the Mamba Sneer, as I'm calling it right now.

I was going to refrain from mentioning this, but since you started it, I think someone needs to grab the mouthpiece that's always hanging out of Jameer Nelson's gob and shove it up his ass.

It's really annoying.

Also, Pau Gasol's roar last night after getting that And The Foul! was better than any Kobe look.

KobeBryant_300_060428.jpg

mp_main_wide_Kevin_Garnett.jpg

ron-jeremy-4.jpg

Van Gundy wins.

There's this guy I play against at the gym who pulls that stupid shit every time he makes a shot. Shit's annoying as hell, especially since he's not nearly as good as he thinks he is.

Funniest part is when he actually yells out an NBA star's name as he's taking a shot. "Tim Duncan!" "Garnett!" "Rasheed!"

Tim Duncan just missed a 4 foot jumper, dumbass.

Does Tim Duncan even have a look? He always has that vacant expression, which somehow makes me want to hit him even more.

Yeah, that vacant expression is pretty much it. I still prefer that to Garnett's mugging, though.

Dude I play against only pulls the Garnett mug, even when he's calling out other NBA players for his shots.

Does Tim Duncan even have a look? He always has that vacant expression, which somehow makes me want to hit him even more.

You haven't seen his look? When he disagrees with a foul, he just stares at the ref with the widest eyes. The best example of this is probably after Joey Crawford T'd him up, but he does it at least a half dozen times each game.

610x.jpg

There was a guy on my freshmen team who yelled "Ice Man!" whenever he took a three in practice.

I was going to refrain from mentioning this, but since you started it, I think someone needs to grab the mouthpiece that's always hanging out of Jameer Nelson's gob and shove it up his ass.

It's really annoying.

I agree, either keep it in or don't wear one at all.

Fisher flops all over the goddamn place during a screen, too.

Also, add Mr. Spacely from The Jetsons to the list of people Van Gundy looks like:

photo_SPACELY3.JPEG

I usually yell out "JOAKIM!" or "TYRUS!" when I'm playing a pickup game with my friends and I've just missed a layup because I'm too stoned.

The only time shouting an NBA player's name during a shot was okay was in the Chappelle "Love Contract" sketch. (Bonus: it includes Rashida Jones).

I've been known to drop a well-timed "buckets!" in, but only once a game at most and only among friends who think it's funny and know I'm kidding.

Hey, the Magic won their first Finals game. Huzzah!

And Skip to My Lou has a pulse.

The Magic played well tonight. They still need to pound it into Dwight more though. I saw two or three possessions in the fourth quarter where Dwight was in position in the post and open and the other guys either missed the fact that he was open or didn't want to pass it in to him - either way they settled for jump shots, some of which went in, but still, you can't just pass up an open Dwight in the post, especially on nights like tonight where that little five foot hook shot was near automatic for him given that kind of space.

One down, two more to go in Orlando.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom