NBA Basketball 2008-09: The Thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And he's easily one of the lankiest guys I've seen play at that high of a level.

Next thing we'll hear is that Scals has been hitting the 'roids, too.

Orlando Magic All-Star forward Rashard Lewis tested positive for a testosterone-producing substance, dehydroepiandrosterone, which is commonly known as DHEA, and will be suspended without pay 10 games at the beginning of the season.

The Sentinel's Mike Bianchi first reported the news.

Lewis's suspension will begin on the first game of the regular season in which he is eligible and physically able to play.

"I hope this unintentional mistake will not reflect poorly on our team and its great character," Lewis said in a statement.

Lewis, who will turn 30 on Saturday, said he took an over-the-counter supplement near the end of last season which he did not know contained the banned substance. He told the Sentinel the substance was in powder form and he mixed it into smoothies. He got it at a nutritional store, but did not specify the name of the store

and the NBA officialy joins the game... even though players have likely been on the juice just as long as baseball players have been.

LeBron.jpg
lebron-james2.jpg

here's lookin' at you, "king"

Been Jammin' Wallace is a Piston again. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

The Cavs got Leon Powe for two years. He's the glue guy. Simmons is upset about losing the guy he voted #5 on his MVP ballot.

The Cavs got Leon Powe for two years. He's the glue guy. Simmons is upset about losing the guy he voted #5 on his MVP ballot.

I work with Powe's younger brother, and play ball with him pretty often. Dude's good, and like his brother, very down to earth and just a nice, easy going guy. Hopefully some of that humility rubs off on the the King...

The Magic have signed Jason Williams - that's "White Chocolate" formerly-of-the-Heat Jason Williams, as opposed to ended-his-career-on-a-motorcycle Jay Williams or got-accused-of-murder Jayson Williams. Makes sense, since Rafer was traded in the Carter deal, I guess Williams will be the primary back-up to Nelson now, and he's a good passer and a good shooter, he'll fit in with their three-point-heavy offense.

What say you, YLB? :up: or :down: ?

The Magic have signed Jason Williams - that's "White Chocolate" formerly-of-the-Heat Jason Williams, as opposed to ended-his-career-on-a-motorcycle Jay Williams or got-accused-of-murder Jayson Williams. Makes sense, since Rafer was traded in the Carter deal, I guess Williams will be the primary back-up to Nelson now, and he's a good passer and a good shooter, he'll fit in with their three-point-heavy offense.

What say you, YLB? :up: or :down: ?

I'm guessing he'll be a third-stringer unless AJ goes back into Van Gundy's doghouse again. He'll be fine.

I really liked J-Will when he first came up with Sacramento. He jumped in there and brought some excitement and changed the way that entire team played ball, for the better. Started seeing more unselfish play and better passing on that team.

Well, yeah, that was obviously like 10 years ago and he's not the same player. But it's not a bad move for the Magic.

Looking like Iverson will be a Bobcat.

Chandler/Diop/Mohammed
Diaw/D.Brown
Wallace/Radmanovic
Iverson/Bell/Henderson
Felton/Augustin

Change the OutKast to Hasselhoff, and it's pretty accurate.

The Magic are going to wreck some motherfuckers this year. Cannot wait.

They should repeat, no question. If they don't, chalk this season down as a massive fail.

I do think that the Magic have one of, if not, the deepest teams in the league and can play pretty much any style of play now. Jameer's coming back, Dwight's only going to get better, Vince is an upgrade over Hedon't, and Gortat can be traded somewhere down the line for some spare parts if he doesn't work out as a backup for some reason.

They matchup better with a healthy Celtics team and can definitely take the LeBrons like they did last year. Who else do they have to worry about in the East? The Wizards? Maybe the Hawks?

I actually think that this young Portland team with such good talent, can be a potential problem for the West.
There you go.

Back
Top Bottom