NBA Basketball 2008-09: The Thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not this summer but the following. This is actually a pretty compelling read on how Damp's goofy contract could land the Mavs a superstar in the 2010 sweepstakes, provided they don't trade him now or midseason:

Dallas Basketball - Dallas Mavericks Basketball News and Links

Dampier has a very specific role on the Mavericks and he actually performs it pretty well. I don't see how having him this season is a bad thing. The only thing I'd want to move him for right now is a legitimate scoring 2. Michael Redd would be a guy I'd like in that scenario if it weren't for his ACL and MCL woes.

Dudes. Guys. I'm incredibly excited about Boozer potentially coming to Chicago. He is exactly what the team needs.

Rose
Salmons
Deng
Boozer
Noah

We wouldn't be the deepest team in the league, obviously, but that starting five is fierce as hell.

And the Lakers are fools if they let Lamar Odom get away.

The Damp / DUST thing is insane.

Why isn't Okie City making a move on Odom right now? They must be working on David Lee or Millsap now, I guess.

Yeah, the DUST scenario presents some very interesting possibilities. I'm actually really excited about it. If the Mavs have proved anything so far this offseason, it's that they're still willing to spend early and often. I think that might be able to land them someone like Amare, LaMarcus, Bosh, or *cringe* Wade. Of those, I think Wade is the best fit. And I fucking hate admitting that.

No way Odom signs with Hijack City. He says he loves candy the beach too much.

And the Magic just matched for Gortat, keeping him in Orlando for five years.

I thought the full MLE was too much for him, but now the Fightin' YLBs have pilfered him AND the Basshole. I'm not happy right now.

I really do think they're going to try and shop Gortat around to find some other players to fill out the roster.

My guess is that Otis Smith is pissed that he doesn't get HDNet anymore.

Apparently Gortat and his people are unhappy about the match. Gortat wants more PT and doesn't want to be Dwight's backup anymore. He and his agent requested that the Magic not match, and when they did match, it came as a surprise and a disappointment to him. This all via his agent.

I don't know about the practice of forcing someone who doesn't want to play for you anymore to play for you.

Marcin Gortat needs to look in the mirror and realize that he is Marcin Gortat. An intensely mediocre NBA basketball player. He is in no position to make demands.

I can't pass up an opportunity to share this:

504x_custom_1248129339252_shaqpanda.jpg

:)

Hey, the Magic are close to signing Matt Barnes. If that Redick and Johnson for Duhon trade goes through... that'd be great, too.

This is turning into a 2k9 line-up.

Id gone pretty quiet on NBA news after the draft, but man am i jacked seeing 'sheed going to the C's. Not a bad line-up, whether he comes off the bench, or starts at C for Perkins.

I am still hoping Big Baby doesn't get a better offer, he really came of age in the finals. Marbury, Moore and Powe look gone. Danny Ainge said they would re-assess Powe once he recovers from surgery.

Big season coming up for the C's, if Rondo kicks on and shows the form he did against the Bulls in the finals more often, the big 3 may just become the big 5! Nice deep roster too to back up the stars with Scal, TA, Perkins, House and even Walker, Pruitt and Giddens are looking like kicking on this year.

Notice Portland didn't play Pat Mills in the summer league... maybe the C's will pick him up as backup to Rondo; Lester Hudson is a weaker option IMO

I want to discuss Allen Iverson. He is not signed yet and I can't figure out who will sign him. He showed last year that in a team oriented system, he did not know how to fit in. I think the NBA is going back to that team idea and AI will have to figure it out. I know Kobe runs the show in LA. LeBron and Wade do too. But Iverson is not Kobe and LeBron and Wade haven't won in that system yet.

I don't know, I just wonder where he'll end up, will he start and how much will he get paid?

I like Iverson, but where can he go and just fit in?

I want to discuss Allen Iverson. He is not signed yet and I can't figure out who will sign him. He showed last year that in a team oriented system, he did not know how to fit in. I think the NBA is going back to that team idea and AI will have to figure it out. I know Kobe runs the show in LA. LeBron and Wade do too. But Iverson is not Kobe and LeBron and Wade haven't won in that system yet.

I don't know, I just wonder where he'll end up, will he start and how much will he get paid?

I like Iverson, but where can he go and just fit in?

Iverson's too stubborn to adjust. Trust me on that. He's done. He'll probably sign somewhere and be on the outs within the year.

I could see him going off to Europe for a year or two, possibly finishing his career out there.

If he gets no offers, that'll probably happen.

He's not a stupid person, he's just really, really fucking stubborn.

Back
Top Bottom