NBA Basketball 2008-09: The Thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
could be... carter's also been injury prone, so you have to worry about that.

now that the knicks traded for Darko i'm gonna guess they're gonna be out on Gortat, as they were rumoed to be interested in him at the MLE.

ultimately the magic's ability to win a title will come down to wether or not dwight howard is able to take his game to the next level next season.

could be... carter's also been injury prone, so you have to worry about that.

now that the knicks traded for Darko i'm gonna guess they're gonna be out on Gortat, as they were rumoed to be interested in him at the MLE.

ultimately the magic's ability to win a title will come down to wether or not dwight howard is able to take his game to the next level next season.

I was a bit worried, but he's played 76+ games a year since playing for New Jersey.

Gortat's a stud. Chalk him down on the list of guys the Suns let go away because they're allergic to spending.

Absolutely, and I think it can happen.

I hope the Magic find a way to re-sign Gortat and pick up a guy like Charlie Villanueva, Bass-o-Matic, or Rasheed. That'd be fantastic.

All quiet thus far.

Kidd, according to a source, has already turned down one offer from the Mavericks that went well beyond the midlevel at $8 million per over three years, though it is not clear if the third year was guaranteed. And he may view the Mavs, who were eliminated by the Denver Nuggets in the second round of the playoffs, as a team on the decline.

Well, Mike Dan Tony might get his guy after all.

I hear the Mavs are poised to make an offer to Gortat.

I read that the Rockets really want Gortat, especially if they're unsure about Yao's foot injury. It'll be hard for the Magic to match any offer, especially if they offer the mid-level.

I will miss BG, for sure, and I had hoped we would bring him back but what can you do? We have Salmons, who is a similar shoot-first player. And maybe one of these two kids we just drafted can learn how to shoot the NBA three to make up for it. Anyway, good day for the Pistons. Fuck 'em.

Restricted free-agent center Marcin Gortat was scheduled to fly to Dallas on Thursday after giving the Mavericks a verbal commitment to sign an offer sheet with them next week, according to NBA front-office sources. Sources told ESPN.com that the Mavericks are bringing Gortat to town to tour the area and the team's facilities after extending him an offer believed to be worth Dallas' full mid-level exception -- which could translate to a five-year deal starting at roughly $5.6 million -- in hopes of dissuading the Orlando Magic from matching the offer.

The full MLE seems like an awful lot for this guy, bus it can't be any worse than paying Damp $11 million. And now Ole Cinder Block Hands' expiring contract becomes a sexy trade chip. YLB, you've seen this guy enough. Good fit for the Mavs?

Trevor Ariza to the Cavs?!
fuck

How about the Tru Warrior himself to make you feel better?

Trevor Ariza to the Cavs?!
fuck

ESPN is actually saying he has verbally agreed to something with the Rockets.

Which is weird, as wouldn't Los Angeles be making some kind of counter-offer to him?

Anyway, the bigger news, on the front page now, is

ARTEST TO THE LAKERS.

Whoa.

Do they even need him?

Artest to the Lakers? Goddamn.

The full MLE seems like an awful lot for this guy, bus it can't be any worse than paying Damp $11 million. And now Ole Cinder Block Hands' expiring contract becomes a sexy trade chip. YLB, you've seen this guy enough. Good fit for the Mavs?

He's pretty mobile for a big guy, and runs the pick-and-roll extremely well. He's also got some decent post moves and a knack for playing good defense. The guy blocked LeBron going up twice in one game... it was fantastic.

Like most European players, he can get kind of soft against more aggressive guys in the post and his jumper isn't reliable outside of 10 feet. I wouldn't say he's worth the full mid-level at this point, but he's only going to improve as he plays.

Plus, there was a rumor that in order to train in Poland, he wrestled bears. And having the nicknames The Polish Hammer and Schindler's Fist can't be too bad.

Certainly an upgrade over that stiff Dampier.

Anyway, the bigger news, on the front page now, is
ARTEST TO THE LAKERS.
Whoa.
Do they even need him?

I think they do. Now Kobe has a tough guy watching his back.

And Kobe won't have to chase around the other team's best scorer anymore.

Is there any way I can fan-veto all of this Shawn Marion to the Mavs talk?

Meanwhile, the Sixers tread water trying to re-sign Andre Miller whilst being anchored to the ocean floor by the contract of Elton Brand.

Bulls fans, what do you think of the Thomas/Hinrich for Boozer trade lined up right now?

Bulls fans, what do you think of the Thomas/Hinrich for Boozer trade lined up right now?

I'd pull the trigger on this quicker than Axver gets a boner when U2 adds a new song to the setlist.

I'm a big Tyrus Thomas fan...I think he's a cool dude with lots of athletic skill and I've had fun watching him the last few years. But throw all that out the window if we're talkin about Boozer. Boozer is twice the player that Tyrus will ever be. Unfortunately.

What exactly is the Mavs lineup going to look like? They've just acquired Marion but they still have Howard. That's two starting-calibre SFs. Surely they didn't acquire Marion just to have him come off the bench? The whole roster doesn't look very well constructed right now.

What exactly is the Mavs lineup going to look like? They've just acquired Marion but they still have Howard. That's two starting-calibre SFs. Surely they didn't acquire Marion just to have him come off the bench? The whole roster doesn't look very well constructed right now.

Apparently Terry would still come off of the bench, but they could have a small-ball line-up of Kidd, Terry, Howard, Marion, and Dirk when they want.

Kidd, JJ "the Mexican Jumping Bean" Barea
Howard (who I really don't like at the 2), Jet
Marion, Quinton Ross
Dirk, Kris Humphries
Gortat, Damp

Back
Top Bottom