NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I detect a hint of jealousy here? Jealous of the fact that we snagged a future Hall of Fame point guard in the draft and your teams didn't?

Rose will be dominant. For the next decade and a half. Of this I have no doubt.

The Bulls' bigger problem this season will be Ben Gordon. He stupidly and stubbornly turned down the long-term deal the Bulls were offering and finally signed the qualifying offer on Wednesday night.

Nobody wanted Gordon on the QO, not the Bulls, the the fans, and not Ben Gordon. Now the Bulls are going to lose him for nothing next offseason, and meanwhile, this season, we are faced with the dilemma of freezing out of PT since we have no incentive to give him any in the crowed backcourt of Rose/Hinrich/Thabo/Hughes, or giving him PT in the pursuit of the mediocrity that will result in a first-round exit from the playoffs.

I am personally in favor of giving him maybe 10 minutes a game. Give Hughes a chance to build his stock back up so we can package him later on. Give Thabo a chance to develop finally.

Headache, do you really believe that D'antoni can get the knicks back in the playoffs this year?

True. I still just don't think they have the talent to be a playoff team. We haven't really seen D'antoni coach a team without great players like he had in phoenix.

talent is not and never has been the issue with the knicks. the issue has been do they have the right talent, and the right mix. isiah's biggest flaw, besides his utter inability to actually coach a team, was that he simply collected talent without worrying about wether or not that talent fit together.

marbury and randolph will eventually be gone. i'm very interested to see what duhon will do, and how crawford will respond to actually being coached. i always thought crawford was a guy who could flourish under the right system... heck, under A system. now we'll see.

as for d'antoni never doing well without talent... well, that's true in heindsight. steve nash was a very good player before he got to phoenix, but he didn't even make the all star team the year before winning back to back MVPs. and in that second MVP season he was not exactly surrounded by stellar talent, as stoudamire missed the entire season. now some of those guys phoenix had that year... your boris diaw's of the world... have become pseudo-stars, but at the time they certainly were not. they had nash and marion and what were then considered a bunch of spare parts... and they won 58 games in a brutal western conference.

do i expect the knicks to win 58 games? of course not. all i'm saying is that to say d'antoni has never won without great players is a little shortsided because frankly a lot of those great players became great players under his watch, and weren't considered to be great players before he got there.

Do I detect a hint of jealousy here? Jealous of the fact that we snagged a future Hall of Fame point guard in the draft and your teams didn't?

Rose will be dominant. For the next decade and a half. Of this I have no doubt.

you also had no doubt the white sox would be the rays. how's that goin' for ya?

they couldn't throw the ball in the bloomin' ocean from three point range last night... if they 40% of the wide open threes they took they would have won by 20.

obviously, it's pre-season, it doesn't matter. and there's a ton of work left to be done with this roster... but god damn am i going to enjoy being able to watch d'antoni's mind work on a night in night out basis. the ball movement and motion to the offense is fantastic.

now obviously after the last 2 years, if they came out and ran the picket fence i'd be happy, just because it's something besides redundent endless iso "plays" put in by the genius of isiah thomas.

the young guys looked especially good... lee and chandler specificly.

they're certainly not a title contender, but knicks basketball matters again... and that's a nice thing.

It's about damn time that J.J. Redick's cracked the rotation, he's been the first guy off the bench in the past few pre-season games, and he got the team option for next year, too. Thank God.

Finally got to watch us play a litte bit tonight. We are young, deep, and dangerous.

Deng
Rose
Hinrich
Gordon
Gooden
Hughes
Noah
Nocioni
Sefolosha
Thomas

And did I mention that we're deep?

How can he be efficient on the floor if he is not going to play good defense or be an effective rebounder. He's too small for the NBA.

How can he be efficient on the floor if he is not going to play good defense or be an effective rebounder. He's too small for the NBA.

If Steve Kerr can play 17.5 minutes a game for 15 years, I'm pretty sure Redick can find his niche somewhere in the NBA.

If Steve Kerr can play 17.5 minutes a game for 15 years, I'm pretty sure Redick can find his niche somewhere in the NBA.

Yes.

Redick's not a great defender, but he hustles his ass off nearly every play... if that counts for anything.

Finally got to watch us play a litte bit tonight. We are young, deep, and dangerous.

Deng
Rose
Hinrich
Gordon
Gooden
Hughes
Noah
Nocioni
Sefolosha
Thomas

And did I mention that we're deep?

You're setting us up for a disappointment you know...

I'd still like to see a low post scorer on that roster. But, we traded him for Tyson Chandler years ago.

yeah, I know, but I like to head into every season with as much optimism as possible. I do honestly think we will be greatly improved if only because of the point guard play of Rose. He knows how and when to get people the ball and he can get to the rim whenever he wants. I can't wait to watch him go to work.

I'd still like to see a low post scorer on that roster. But, we traded him for Tyson Chandler years ago.

Roster also seems to be lacking a true center and defensive post presence.

I see domination by teams with good bigs.

i suppose you also consider dwayne wade to be too small for the NBA, considering he and redick are both 6'4"... not to mention the aformentioned steve kerr was only 6'1", and redick is much more athletic than kerr ever was.

there are plenty of valid arguments one could make on why you believe j.j. redick will never be an efficient nba player... "he's too small" is not one of them.

trade redick to the knicks... i'm sure d'antoni could make some use of a guy who's deadly from 30 in, athletic freak or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom