NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not that summer league matters for anything... but the bulls and heat did square off in the orlando opener today.

rose had 10 points, 4 assists, 5 turnovers.

beasley had 28 and 9, including 19 in the second half.

tyrus thomas and joakim noah combined for 19 in the entire game.

All this tells me is that Noah and Thomas are who we should be worried about...which is not news. :mad:

Sources indicating that Elton Brand has verbally agreed to a 5/82 deal with the 76ers.

Brand had previously said he would stay loyal to the Clippers and take less money if they could use it to sign a good player....they did so, by getting Baron Davis to agree. But apparently they wouldn't simply renounce Maggette and Livingston in order to up their offer to Brand, and left it at a 'take it or leave it' kind of position, and apparently this pissed Brand off.

Some are now asking whether Baron can back out, since he hasn't signed anything yet and since one the big motivations for signing with the Clippers is apparently gone.

Could the Clippers lose both Brand and Davis in one day?

it would be illegal for davis and the clippers to have something in writing, so he could do it. it wouldn't exactly be in good form, but it could be done.

the last player i remember agreeing to sign with one team and then backing out and signing with another was juwan howard... but i think that was over a different issue.

juwan howard was also never the same once craig kilbourn left sportscenter, but that's another story for another day.

Well, Beasley went 1-for-13 tonight against New Jersey, so obviously this means that the Nets are going to be a defensive powerhouse next season.

Sources indicating that Elton Brand has verbally agreed to a 5/82 deal with the 76ers.

Brand had previously said he would stay loyal to the Clippers and take less money if they could use it to sign a good player....they did so, by getting Baron Davis to agree. But apparently they wouldn't simply renounce Maggette and Livingston in order to up their offer to Brand, and left it at a 'take it or leave it' kind of position, and apparently this pissed Brand off.

Some are now asking whether Baron can back out, since he hasn't signed anything yet and since one the big motivations for signing with the Clippers is apparently gone.

Could the Clippers lose both Brand and Davis in one day?

I just saw that on ESPN.com, too. Moving to the East is the smartest thing to do, especially to a team like the Sixers, but it's wrong for him to leave the team he had verbally committed to like that. In the end, it's a business and the best decision he could make, I just wish he didn't have to vilify an entire fanbase like that... if all of this proves to be true.

It's a good move for Philly...they'd move up into that 3-4-5-6 range in the East with the Pistons, Magic, and Raps among others. Brand is a nice player and I liked the way Philly finished up last year anyway.

Power forward was the weak spot for Philly this year. Reggie Evans was ... average on a good night. Brand will be a big help.

The Sixers are, however, still a pure 2 guard away from being a contender for the title, in my own opinion.

2's and 3's are not that hard to come by though, relatively speaking. Maybe not great ones, but it's much easier to find a serviceable wing type player than a true PG or C.

Apparently the Clips are looking to replace Brand with Josh Smith...

Power forward was the weak spot for Philly this year. Reggie Evans was ... average on a good night. Brand will be a big help.

The Sixers are, however, still a pure 2 guard away from being a contender for the title, in my own opinion.

maybe they can pry vince carter's rotting corpse away from new jersey.

or, if it's really a scoring guard you're looking for, i know just the guy...

marburyhappy.jpg

“I’ll tell you and I hope I’m not getting ahead of myself, but he’s really good,” D’Antoni said. “Like today, he just goes over to Herb [Williams] and tells him [a player] hasn’t had a shot the last six times up, call something for him. He automatically knows.

“He’s stronger than I thought,” D’Antoni added. “He’s more athletic than I thought. And he shoots the heck out of it.”

Gallinari’s toughness quotient has pumped up D’Antoni’s spirit. D’Antoni questioned it during the winter when he saw a tape of the Milan standout.

“He can bang,” D’Antoni said “When he takes a hit, his expression does not change, He got clobbered and was right back in his face. He doesn’t get fazed by it.

“He’s got a chance to be really special,” D’Antoni added. “Toughness and being more athletic that what I thought [were] two questions from watching film. Until you see him.”

:hmm: summer league debut is tomorrow at 4... it's on MSG but unfortunatly i have to coach my own summer league team and will probably have to miss it :mad:

they best have a replay... what the hell else does MSG have to show in the middle of july.

my first impresson on gallinari is that he is going to be very, very good.

will he be dirk good? that's yet to be seen... but he will certainly be better than, say, a nocioni. to compare him to other europeans i'd say he's at least as good as stojakovic and ginobili... and he has a very good chance to be better than both.

and yes, this is all off one summer legue game, and i could be dead dead wrong. but he looked very good, especially in the second half.

Ginobli is Argentinian.
Argentina is in South America, not Europe.
End of Geography 101. :wink:
:D
:lol:
:doh:
:lol:
:wave:

Lotsa Argentinians are of Italian descent, as is Ginobili (who in fact has dual Argentinian and Italian citizenship, according to Wikipedia). Close enuf.

ok... i'm fully aware that argentina is in south america. i lumped ginobili in with the rest of the european's because they play the same style.

Which, despite the fact that Ginobili played in Italy for a number of years, is of course a complete coincidence.

Is anyone planning on watching the Olympics team until they hit the really tough competition?

I got bored with the Canada game right around halftime.

Is anyone planning on watching the Olympics team until they hit the really tough competition?

I got bored with the Canada game right around halftime.

i was watching the mets blow out the cardinals when a friend IMd me and reminded me they were on... i went "oh" for a second, then left the mets blow out on.

canada, well... canada sucks. hard.

that said, the US should win the gold medal this year. but again, they should win it every year, and haven't. so, yea. we'll see how things play out when they play real competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom