NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which Sportscenter achor was the one that would always say "he's not my Vydas, he's not your Vydas...he's Arvydas!" ?

That's pretty much all I remember about that dude. And that he was big and white.

Which Sportscenter achor was the one that would always say "he's not my Vydas, he's not your Vydas...he's Arvydas!" ?

5106236_tml.jpg

jumanji!!!!

on a side note, juwan howard's career took a noted downturn when kilby left to do the daily show.

Wow in a good way though. I honestly cannot think of a better rap insult than that at this moment. I'm not the biggest Shaq fan either, but he's certainly a more entertaining and engaging personality than the Black Mamba - who is most likely a complete tool.

For a freestyle diss rhyme (especially coming from Shaq), it's surprisingly good.

Surprisingly really good. :scratch:

And if I'm the Knicks I do that deal in a second. I like David Lee, and I think it would be a cruel twist of fate if the Knicks were to get things turned around while the only guy who appeared to give a crap on that roster ends up rotting in Memphis, but if you can turn David Lee into the #5 pick you do the deal.

Personally I'd try to turn one of the picks into Kevin Love maybe, and then see if the trade-down is still there and try to get Alexander. Or trade up for Beasley, and I think if you're Miami and can trade down and get both those picks you do it and put yourself in the same (good) position with the 5&6.

my first choice would be to try and package the picks to miami for beasley, assuming that chicago does the wrong thing and passes on beasley, which i am expecting them to do.

if that's not do-able, i'd either stay at the 5 and 6 and take alexander and bayless (if he's there)... if bayless isn' available perhaps you can trade up to the 4 with seattle to take him. if not, perhaps they can trade one of the picks to the nets for the nets two first rounders, then they could have the 5th, the 10th and the 21st picks of the 1st round.

hopefully they can pull this off. if walsh can somehow manage to snake the knicks into the 2nd pick of the draft and get beasley he will instantly gain god like status... eli like status even... in new york.

be some rumblings that the sonics are considering taking russell westbrook over bayless, meaning bayless could fall to the knicks.

i want no part of westbrook... meaning he's exactly who the knicks will end up with.

he reminds me of rondo... now rondo just came off a very good run with the Celtics, but I think we can all pretty much agree that if Rondo was on a mediocre or worse team that he would be a disaster. dude's a point guard who can't hit a friggin foul line jumper.

ah who knows... we'll see.

my first choice would be to try and package the picks to miami for beasley, assuming that chicago does the wrong thing and passes on beasley, which i am expecting them to do.

If drafting Rose is the wrong thing, Coach K would do the wrong thing too:

If Mike Krzyzewski had the first pick in the NBA Draft he would take Derrick Rose, K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune is reporting.

"At the end of last year, Derrick Rose was the best player in college basketball," Krzyzewski said Monday. "He has an amazing upside. Plus, he's a great kid. I think he's going to be a star. When you have a guy who's going to play point guard and can be a star, that's tough to pass up."

With the draft only days away and both Rose and Michael Beasley turning in stellar performances in their workouts for the Bulls last week, Chicago is saying that they still have not made a decision on whom will be the first overall pick despite the speculation that Rose will be their guy.

Rose, by one account, shot better than expected. Beasley, by multiple accounts, displayed why he's projected to be a scoring machine at the next level.

I still don't know. I guess sometimes I feel like Rose is the right guy because he is a true leader at point guard, and look what Tyson Chandler ended up like with that.

But then I think they are right, Beasley will be a scoring machine.

If it's me drafting, I take Rose. I am more about a team player who I think will be a star as opposed to someone who can put up stats.

If drafting Rose is the wrong thing, Coach K would do the wrong thing too:

good for coach K. if duke had beasley this year they'd have won the national championship.

yes, rose is tough to pass up. i agree on that. but the bulls major fuck up over the past 5 years has been not being able to get a #1 scorer and a bonefied scorer out of the 4 spot. here they hit the jackpot and have a chance to make up for all those fuck ups, and they seem intent on passing up on their glaring weakness once again, to draft a player who plays a position that they already have a pretty good player at.

that's pure genius.

come back to this post when (baring injury) beasley's a 20/10 rookie of the year winner and the bulls are back in the lottery again.

I hope your joking. No way he'll be a 20/10 rookie. How many rookies have even done that? maybe 12 and 10.

Rose is the right pick, Headache...you'll see. He'll be the biggest basketball star in Chicago since M.J.

Also, it looks like the first pre-draft trade is Jermaine O'neal to the Raptors for T.J. Ford and the 17th pick.

:yawn:

I hope your joking. No way he'll be a 20/10 rookie. How many rookies have even done that? maybe 12 and 10.

you're nuts if you think beasley will only average 12 a game. at the very least he's good for 15 a game.

kevin durant was good for 20 and 4 this year... and beasley is a more nba ready player than durant.

and a lot more rookies, especially rookies who play the 4, average 20/10 than you think. elton brand did, tim duncan did. if you're expecting beasley to be an elite power forward, which i am... averaging close to 20/10 is not a stretch at all.

Either way it would be foolish for both Miami to pass on him for OJ Mayo. How did Mayo all of a sudden shoot up the draft board. He really didn't impress me watching USC play.

you're nuts if you think beasley will only average 12 a game. at the very least he's good for 15 a game.

kevin durant was good for 20 and 4 this year... and beasley is a more nba ready player than durant.

and a lot more rookies, especially rookies who play the 4, average 20/10 than you think. elton brand did, tim duncan did. if you're expecting beasley to be an elite power forward, which i am... averaging close to 20/10 is not a stretch at all.

Apparently Miami's itching to trade out of #2...better get Donnie on the phone :)

i honestly think pat riley is playing this whole "we want mayo not beasley" card to try and convince the bulls, if they had any doubt, to take rose and not beasley. at least i hope so... if not then riles has lost it.

beasley is better than kevin durant. everyone loved durant last year, now they don't know about beasley. i don't get it.

Apprently its mostly carachter issues. I think they recognize that Beasley has incredible basketball skills, but are worried about him being too immature. I think that if riley is playing the bulls than its a pretty smart device. I guess we'll find out tonight.

i honestly think pat riley is playing this whole "we want mayo not beasley" card to try and convince the bulls, if they had any doubt, to take rose and not beasley. at least i hope so... if not then riles has lost it.

beasley is better than kevin durant. everyone loved durant last year, now they don't know about beasley. i don't get it.

And I honestly think you're a little too sure about Beasley.

If he was really Charles Barkley II or whatever do you really think the Bulls would be passing on him?

If a guy puts up the numbers he did in his first year in college, and he's not the consensus #1 overall pick, then there's a reason why, and whatever that reason is, the decision-makers for these teams are aware of it.

One cannot possibly be as sure about how a guy is going to fare in the NBA before he's even drafted as you seem to be about Beasley. He's not in the LeBron-Duncan 1000% sure thing category as you seem to think he is.

The Nets have traded Richard Jefferson to the Bucks in exchange for Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons.

Jefferson was the last remaining player from the Nets' 2002 and 2003 Finals runs. With this trade, there no more remnants of those teams left on the roster.

The Nets are clearly looking to shoot the moon here...either Lebron James ends up a Brooklyn Net or else epic phail.

If he was really Charles Barkley II or whatever do you really think the Bulls would be passing on him?

If a guy puts up the numbers he did in his first year in college, and he's not the consensus #1 overall pick, then there's a reason why, and whatever that reason is, the decision-makers for these teams are aware of it.

One cannot possibly be as sure about how a guy is going to fare in the NBA before he's even drafted as you seem to be about Beasley. He's not in the LeBron-Duncan 1000% sure thing category as you seem to think he is.

Right, but John Paxson's a great judge of talent.

because john paxson is a fucking moron and one of the worst GM's in the NBA? :shrug: that could be why.

why did portland and houston pass on michael jordan? i'm sure there must be a reason.

if beasley isn't a franchise player i'd be stunned.

Baby Bullies are gonna be so sick this year.

I can't wait to watch Pooh Rose run motherfuckers up and down the court.

:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom