NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the points of my post there was that, in my opinion, if the Bulls draft Derrick Rose they will be able to scoot towards the top of the East on talent alone. Coaching aside.

And I'm too young to remember when Collins had his first go-round with the Bullies so I guess most of my excitement comes from what I've heard him say as a broadcaster. He knows his shit. To get specific I guess I would say it's his hair that has me most excited.

well i suppose that gives him a head up on vitale then.

Oh yeah, and if the Bulls draft Beasley over Rose it will be the worst draft day disaster since the Blazers drafted Sam Bowie

john paxson, is that you?

honestly though... you could have gone much more recently so that the kids understand what your'e talking about, like, say, tyrus thomas over lamarcus aldridge.

beasley is a beast. he's certainly more NBA ready than kevin durant was last year. the team that passes him by will rue the day.

well i suppose that gives him a head up on vitale then.

john paxson, is that you?

honestly though... you could have gone much more recently so that the kids understand what your'e talking about, like, say, tyrus thomas over lamarcus aldridge.

beasley is a beast. he's certainly more NBA ready than kevin durant was last year. the team that passes him by will rue the day.

You honestly don't think there's any chance of Beasley being Glenn Robinson II? Big Dog put up big, big numbers in college and he was an average NBA player.

Oh, and Doug Collins was a TNT broadcaster, so perhaps you meant they should have gone to ESPN, not TNT :wink:

You honestly don't think there's any chance of Beasley being Glenn Robinson II? Big Dog put up big, big numbers in college and he was an average NBA player.

Oh, and Doug Collins was a TNT broadcaster, so perhaps you meant they should have gone to ESPN, not TNT :wink:

There's a pretty good former coach currently doing color commentary for TNT. His last name rhymes with Man Bundy.

yeah, i really have nothing to add to this thread, can't you tell

Haha yeah, I have a buddy who makes up degrading names for NBA teams all the time...

Orlando Tragic
Miami Cheat
Sacramento Queens
Toronto Craptors
Utah Jizz
San Antonio Slurs

He's got some more but I can't remember them. And there are some good ones for baseball too but I can't think of em either. I really like Tampa Bay Double-A's...although that can't be used so well anymore.
:giggle:

Where's poor little Avery Johnson gonna coach?

That video where he inadvertently punches Josh Howard in the nuts is priceless. You can actually see the puffs of smoke coming out of Howard's mouth after the hit.

I kind of like Avery Johnson the broadcaster...

Did the Bulls really sign Doug Collins as there coach?

Oh, and you're all wrong. The Bulls went wrong when they first drafted Eddy Curry, then traded Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler. Think about it...Brand is exactly what we are missing, right?

i don't understand your constant glen robinson comparisons... robinson was a 6'6", 6'7" 3, while beasley is a 6'10" 4.

also, you're selling robinson short by saying he was average... he's a career 20 ppg scorer. that's a little better than "average." he wasn't the all time great that many thought he could be, but he was still quite good.

but to the point... could beasley be a bust? sure. so could rose. o.j. mayo could end up being the best player in this draft for all we know. if they were all drafted out of high school, mayo would have gone first, then beasley, then rose.

what i also don't understand is how everyone was soooo in love with kevin durant last year, and here we have a guy who played in the same conference, put up better numbers and has a better NBA ready body... heck, he even played for the same AAU team as durant... yet all of a sudden people question beasley. i don't get it.

I kind of like Avery Johnson the broadcaster...

Did the Bulls really sign Doug Collins as there coach?

Oh, and you're all wrong. The Bulls went wrong when they first drafted Eddy Curry, then traded Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler. Think about it...Brand is exactly what we are missing, right?

brand would look quite nice right now, wouldn't he?

heck, tyson chandler would look nice right now compared to noah and thomas.

Meh,
I still think Chandler's success is only because he plays with a certain point guard...no...not Pargo.

The Bulls probably should have taken Roy in the draft instead of both Thomas and Aldridge if you want to know the truth. Then they'd have a star to go with all their sidekick type players. But I believe that Gordon should be a 6th man based on his defense. Too bad he disagrees with me. :)

And I bet Chandler smokes pot too, but probably behind closed doors, not on street corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom