NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread Part II - Page 51 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 07:24 AM   #751
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpsreports2424 View Post

I bleed purple and gold.
You might want to have a doctor check on that.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:11 PM   #752
Blue Crack Distributor

i'd be a tad concearned about d.rose if i were chicago...

shows up to the draft with about a 3 inch by 3 inch diamond ring on his hand, which had to cost an absolute fortune, before he's even signed a contract mind you... today news came out that he was picked up for doing 106 in a 65...

no reason to panic at all... but just a something to be watchful of. would also be worried of the hangers on that are going to be in abundance because he's playing in his home town.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:01 PM   #753
Refugee

Local Time: 01:37 PM
Beasley's a bitch. He left the first practice early.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:29 PM   #754
Refugee

Local Time: 06:37 PM
I have not been this livid in a long, long, long, long time. The Oklahoma Raiders won.

Can't believe the City of Seattle settled..............for so little.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:07 AM   #755
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleVertigo View Post
I have not been this livid in a long, long, long, long time. The Oklahoma Raiders won.

Can't believe the City of Seattle settled..............for so little.
They always do, sad to say Been through it in Hartford.

At least we knew for sure and got a chance to say goodbye, I was at the last game and it was like a funeral. I think Seattle will eventually get another team, it always seemed like a good NBA city.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:51 PM   #756
Refugee

Local Time: 06:37 PM
I actually grew up in the Hartford area, so the whole Hartford Whalers saga was pretty sad, as well -- though there were so many hockey teams close together in that region.

I think Seattle will get a basketball team sometime again in the future, but man -- it hurts like hell to have a team ripped away like that. So many villains. It really hurts your faith in sports, especially with all the scandal stories going on these days.

I'm sad I won't get to see Kevin Durant and Jeff Green develop up close. I hope they do well, and then I hope they go on to better NBA cities when they get the chance. It would be great if Seattle got a new team in a couple years and Durant came back to Seattle -- in your face, Bennett!
Old 07-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #757
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleVertigo View Post
I actually grew up in the Hartford area, so the whole Hartford Whalers saga was pretty sad, as well -- though there were so many hockey teams close together in that region.

I think Seattle will get a basketball team sometime again in the future, but man -- it hurts like hell to have a team ripped away like that. So many villains. It really hurts your faith in sports, especially with all the scandal stories going on these days.

I'm sad I won't get to see Kevin Durant and Jeff Green develop up close. I hope they do well, and then I hope they go on to better NBA cities when they get the chance. It would be great if Seattle got a new team in a couple years and Durant came back to Seattle -- in your face, Bennett!
Would you be able to root for the OKC Whatevers? For me with the Whalers thing, I could never cheer for Carolina. Yeah they were a lousy team, but they were MY lousy team and I lived & died (died mostly) with them...I admit I was one of the wussies with a tear in my eye in the stands at that last game. Them leaving tore my heart out...them winning the Cup in Carolina poured salt in the wound. But I still liked some of the players so it was odd. There was a lot of turnover though, so most of the old Hartford guys were gone pretty quickly.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:35 PM   #758
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
Would you be able to root for the OKC Whatevers? For me with the Whalers thing, I could never cheer for Carolina. Yeah they were a lousy team, but they were MY lousy team and I lived & died (died mostly) with them...I admit I was one of the wussies with a tear in my eye in the stands at that last game. Them leaving tore my heart out...them winning the Cup in Carolina poured salt in the wound. But I still liked some of the players so it was odd. There was a lot of turnover though, so most of the old Hartford guys were gone pretty quickly.
Sports is about passion, and so, you are hardly a wussy for having a tear in your eye when they left. I was at Game 6 of the 1996 World Series, saw my team win the whole thing, right in front of me....I cried then, albeit tears of joy and not sorrow......

Oh, and if I were a Sonics fan, it would be very difficult for me to root for them.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:17 PM   #759
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I could easily see Seattle getting a new franchise within 5 years or so. The KeyArena is going to be renovated to meet current NBA standards and by then, I'm sure some other city will lose their franchise. Maybe Golden State will relocate to Seattle.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #760
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetitans2k View Post
Beasley's a bitch. He left the first practice early.
right 'cause that makes sense.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:13 PM   #761
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

So, Chris Duhon...could this mean the end for Starbury?
Old 07-05-2008, 08:32 PM   #762
Blue Crack Distributor

i'm intrigued by duhon based on the fact that he was apparently endorsed to d'antoni by nash (and d'antoni endorsed to duhon by nash to boot)... but i'm obviously not sold that a bulls backup is the long term answer at the point.

that said... i think your above statement could have been "so, [insert generic non marbury point guard here]... could this mean the end for starbury?" and the answer would still be yes.

i think they'll try their best to shop him for anything... and ultimately just release him and let duhon, robinson and collins take their turn at the point, with crawford seeing some time there as well.

nash himself never averaged double digits in assists, and only averaged over 8 assists per game once, before hooking up with d'antoni... he averaged 10+ assists in all 4 seasons with d'antoni.

ironicly enough... nash's career stats after 4 seasons, which he spent largely as a backup. were 7.2 ppg and 3.8 assists. duhon's stats after 4 years, which he spent largely as a backup, 5.8 ppg and 4.0 assists. this, of course, means absolutely nothing.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #763
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:37 AM
Duhon sucks. Trust me.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #764
Blue Crack Distributor

yes, you've been nothing if not fair and analytical on all of your previous statements. i will surely trust this one on your merit.

again... i'm obviously not sold that a backup for such a bad offensive team such as the bulls is the long term answer at the point, but i'm willing to give it a chance based on his very good career assist to turnover ratio, a thought that maybe the bulls are inept and he'll look better elsewhere, and the thought that d'antoni has, before, turned chicken shit into chicken salad.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:20 AM   #765
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I was being somewhat tounge-in-cheek re: Starbury...I agree his Knick days are over either way. But I'm curious how the Duhon/D'Antoni thing will work out.

Tags
basketball, nba