NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread Part II - Page 45 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 09:03 PM   #661
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:22 PM
Which Sportscenter achor was the one that would always say "he's not my Vydas, he's not your Vydas...he's Arvydas!" ?

That's pretty much all I remember about that dude. And that he was big and white.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:16 PM   #662
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:22 PM
mark price was better than hornacek and rodman. petrovic could have been the best of the bunch, but john starks killed him so we'll never know.

needless to say... everyone had a crappy draft that day except for the cavs... and the knicks, who drafted michael jackson in the 2nd round.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:19 PM   #663
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Which Sportscenter achor was the one that would always say "he's not my Vydas, he's not your Vydas...he's Arvydas!" ?

jumanji!!!!

on a side note, juwan howard's career took a noted downturn when kilby left to do the daily show.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:36 PM   #664
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Wow in a good way though. I honestly cannot think of a better rap insult than that at this moment. I'm not the biggest Shaq fan either, but he's certainly a more entertaining and engaging personality than the Black Mamba - who is most likely a complete tool.
For a freestyle diss rhyme (especially coming from Shaq), it's surprisingly good.

Surprisingly really good.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:02 AM   #665
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:22 AM

You can't do without me Kobe
Old 06-24-2008, 09:07 AM   #666
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

And if I'm the Knicks I do that deal in a second. I like David Lee, and I think it would be a cruel twist of fate if the Knicks were to get things turned around while the only guy who appeared to give a crap on that roster ends up rotting in Memphis, but if you can turn David Lee into the #5 pick you do the deal.

Personally I'd try to turn one of the picks into Kevin Love maybe, and then see if the trade-down is still there and try to get Alexander. Or trade up for Beasley, and I think if you're Miami and can trade down and get both those picks you do it and put yourself in the same (good) position with the 5&6.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #667
Blue Crack Distributor

my first choice would be to try and package the picks to miami for beasley, assuming that chicago does the wrong thing and passes on beasley, which i am expecting them to do.

if that's not do-able, i'd either stay at the 5 and 6 and take alexander and bayless (if he's there)... if bayless isn' available perhaps you can trade up to the 4 with seattle to take him. if not, perhaps they can trade one of the picks to the nets for the nets two first rounders, then they could have the 5th, the 10th and the 21st picks of the 1st round.

hopefully they can pull this off. if walsh can somehow manage to snake the knicks into the 2nd pick of the draft and get beasley he will instantly gain god like status... eli like status even... in new york.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #668
Blue Crack Distributor

be some rumblings that the sonics are considering taking russell westbrook over bayless, meaning bayless could fall to the knicks.

i want no part of westbrook... meaning he's exactly who the knicks will end up with.

he reminds me of rondo... now rondo just came off a very good run with the Celtics, but I think we can all pretty much agree that if Rondo was on a mediocre or worse team that he would be a disaster. dude's a point guard who can't hit a friggin foul line jumper.

ah who knows... we'll see.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:25 PM   #669
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
my first choice would be to try and package the picks to miami for beasley, assuming that chicago does the wrong thing and passes on beasley, which i am expecting them to do.
If drafting Rose is the wrong thing, Coach K would do the wrong thing too:

Quote:
If Mike Krzyzewski had the first pick in the NBA Draft he would take Derrick Rose, K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune is reporting.

"At the end of last year, Derrick Rose was the best player in college basketball," Krzyzewski said Monday. "He has an amazing upside. Plus, he's a great kid. I think he's going to be a star. When you have a guy who's going to play point guard and can be a star, that's tough to pass up."

With the draft only days away and both Rose and Michael Beasley turning in stellar performances in their workouts for the Bulls last week, Chicago is saying that they still have not made a decision on whom will be the first overall pick despite the speculation that Rose will be their guy.

Rose, by one account, shot better than expected. Beasley, by multiple accounts, displayed why he's projected to be a scoring machine at the next level.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:53 PM   #670
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I still don't know. I guess sometimes I feel like Rose is the right guy because he is a true leader at point guard, and look what Tyson Chandler ended up like with that.

But then I think they are right, Beasley will be a scoring machine.

If it's me drafting, I take Rose. I am more about a team player who I think will be a star as opposed to someone who can put up stats.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:00 AM   #671
Refugee

Local Time: 04:22 AM
Joe Alexander's story is pretty interesting. Who's Joe Alexander? Just ask NBA scouts - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
Old 06-25-2008, 11:15 AM   #672
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
If drafting Rose is the wrong thing, Coach K would do the wrong thing too:
good for coach K. if duke had beasley this year they'd have won the national championship.

yes, rose is tough to pass up. i agree on that. but the bulls major fuck up over the past 5 years has been not being able to get a #1 scorer and a bonefied scorer out of the 4 spot. here they hit the jackpot and have a chance to make up for all those fuck ups, and they seem intent on passing up on their glaring weakness once again, to draft a player who plays a position that they already have a pretty good player at.

that's pure genius.

come back to this post when (baring injury) beasley's a 20/10 rookie of the year winner and the bulls are back in the lottery again.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:16 PM   #673
Refugee

I hope your joking. No way he'll be a 20/10 rookie. How many rookies have even done that? maybe 12 and 10.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:33 PM   #674
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:22 PM
Rose is the right pick, Headache...you'll see. He'll be the biggest basketball star in Chicago since M.J.

Also, it looks like the first pre-draft trade is Jermaine O'neal to the Raptors for T.J. Ford and the 17th pick.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #675
Refugee

I like that trade for the raptors if jermaine can be healthy and play to his potential.

Tags
basketball, nba