NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread Part II - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-23-2008, 03:20 PM   #646
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,412
Local Time: 12:17 PM
so much for taking "role players" and not just taking "stars" for the USA Basketball team.

i suppose tayshaun prince fits the "role player" role.
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 06-23-2008, 04:29 PM   #647
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,412
Local Time: 12:17 PM
Quote:
Even stronger are rumors that the Grizzlies are talking to a number of teams, including the Knicks, Blazers and Suns, about deals that would send the No. 5 pick to whomever is willing to take Brian Cardinal’s awful contract (2 years, $13 million left). The latest buzz has the Knicks talking to Memphis about a deal that would send David Lee and the expiring contract of Malik Rose to Memphis for No. 5 and Cardinal.
--Chad Ford, ESPN
.
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 06-23-2008, 05:44 PM   #648
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,412
Local Time: 12:17 PM
Kobe Bryant: Shaquille O'Neal Won't Mince Words About Kobe Bryant
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 06-23-2008, 05:54 PM   #649
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 11:17 AM
"Tell me how my ass tastes" is just... wow.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 06:00 PM   #650
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,279
Local Time: 11:17 AM
Shaq sucks.

he's a fat, old, has-been.

fuck him.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 06:01 PM   #651
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 09:17 AM
Shannon, do you want to see the Knicks get rid of Lee?
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #652
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,407
Local Time: 12:17 PM
Aw, I was about to post that video.

Fuckin' awesome.
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 07:29 PM   #653
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 10:17 AM
Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
"Tell me how my ass tastes" is just... wow.
.
__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 07:50 PM   #654
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 11:17 AM
Wow in a good way though. I honestly cannot think of a better rap insult than that at this moment. I'm not the biggest Shaq fan either, but he's certainly a more entertaining and engaging personality than the Black Mamba - who is most likely a complete tool.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 07:56 PM   #655
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 09:17 AM
"I got a vasectomy, now I can't breed 'em". Wow.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 07:59 PM   #656
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,412
Local Time: 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Shannon, do you want to see the Knicks get rid of Lee?
i don't really want them to trade lee, but, if you'll allow me to go stephen a. on your ass... howwwwwevvvuuuh... i don't know how much more they're gonna get out of Lee, i think what you see is what you get, and if they were ever going to trade high on him now would be the time... also, if you can get the 5 and the 6 without taking on long term contracts you have to give it a shot.. you can get two high level prospects, trade one of the picks to shed a contract and still get a high level prospect with one of the picks... or, dare i say, attempt to package the 5 and the 6 to miami for the 2...

the options are a plenty.

old nba draft's are being played on nba tv right now... it's funny to hear craig sager and hubie brown criticize the hornets and the kings for taking kobe bryant and peja stojakovic over john wallace...
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 06-23-2008, 08:01 PM   #657
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
i don't really want them to trade lee, but, if you'll allow me to go stephen a. on your ass... howwwwwevvvuuuh... i don't know how much more they're gonna get out of Lee, i think what you see is what you get, and if they were ever going to trade high on him now would be the time... also, if you can get the 5 and the 6 without taking on long term contracts you have to give it a shot.. you can get two high level prospects, trade one of the picks to shed a contract and still get a high level prospect with one of the picks... or, dare i say, attempt to package the 5 and the 6 to miami for the 2...

the options are a plenty.

old nba draft's are being played on nba tv right now... it's funny to hear craig sager and hubie brown criticize the hornets and the kings for taking kobe bryant and peja stojakovic over john wallace...
Makes sense.

We were watching the 1986 draft at work last week (FYI, if you look long and closely enough, you'll see a very young NSW in the crowd), and it was mesmerizing. One of the most fucked up drafts of all-time.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 08:22 PM   #658
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,412
Local Time: 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Shaq sucks.

he's a fat, old, has-been.

fuck him.
difference... shaq has a ring without kobe, kobe does not have a ring without shaq. that will be kobe's legacy until he wins one.

shaq is a better all time playerr than kobe, no questions asked.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 06-23-2008, 08:50 PM   #659
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Makes sense.

We were watching the 1986 draft at work last week (FYI, if you look long and closely enough, you'll see a very young NSW in the crowd), and it was mesmerizing. One of the most fucked up drafts of all-time.
Did they show all seven rounds of it(remember when the draft had that many rounds?)?

I'm looking at the results of that draft on nbadraft.net, and that draft class was unimpressive on the whole. Arvydas Sabonis was arguably the best player in that draft, if only he'd come over...but then again, let's face it, it was the Soviet Union and it was 1986...it wasn't going to happen.

I was also surprised to see that Drazon Petrovic wasn't taken until the third round, and Mark Price, Dennis Rodman, and Jeff Hornacek in the second round. All four are first-round calibre. The top 8 of that draft should have been, imho:

1.Sabonis
2.Bias(RIP)
3.Daugherty
4.Harper(don't think of his Bulls days, think of his Cavs/Clippers days when he was an explosive 20ppg scorer)
5.Petrovic
6.Rodman
7.Hornacek
8.Price

Back to Sabonis...if he HAD come over, that Blazers team would have been scary. It would've been the Blazers team that got to the Finals in 90 and 92, but with Sabonis instead of Kevin Duckworth.
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #660
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
Did they show all seven rounds of it(remember when the draft had that many rounds?)?

I'm looking at the results of that draft on nbadraft.net, and that draft class was unimpressive on the whole. Arvydas Sabonis was arguably the best player in that draft, if only he'd come over...but then again, let's face it, it was the Soviet Union and it was 1986...it wasn't going to happen.

I was also surprised to see that Drazon Petrovic wasn't taken until the third round, and Mark Price, Dennis Rodman, and Jeff Hornacek in the second round. All four are first-round calibre. The top 8 of that draft should have been, imho:

1.Sabonis
2.Bias(RIP)
3.Daugherty
4.Harper(don't think of his Bulls days, think of his Cavs/Clippers days when he was an explosive 20ppg scorer)
5.Petrovic
6.Rodman
7.Hornacek
8.Price

Back to Sabonis...if he HAD come over, that Blazers team would have been scary. It would've been the Blazers team that got to the Finals in 90 and 92, but with Sabonis instead of Kevin Duckworth.
We just watched part of the 1st round....saw Chuck Person get drafted then we called it a day. Ron Harper was awesome pre-knee surgeries, you need not remind me. Cavs had a great starting 5 back then.

I love listening to people talk about Sabonis in his prime. They all claim that he would have been amazing in the NBA. He still came over and played pretty well, considering all his knees had been through.

The thing about this draft that kills me is what the 76'ers did. Before the draft, they had the #1 and #23 picks in the draft, and Moses Malone on their team. So, they trade the #1 pick to Cleveland for Roy fucking Hinson. Then, they trade Moses and the #23 pick to Washington for Jeff I'm going to break my foot and never play for Philly Ruland and Crazy Cliff Robinson. Way to disintegrate your franchise in one fell swoop. So, if you saw young NSW at that draft, you'd see that he'd been crying. A lot.

What made this draft historic was the Bias death...but you also had William Bedford and his drug problems....Chris Washburn and his issues....Roy Tarpley, etc.....
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
basketball, nba

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com