NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW.

Baby Bullies needed a shot in the arm and this could be it.

They will take Rose. He's a Chicago boy, and the most talented kid in the draft.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
if the bulls don't take beasley john paxson should he shot.

they have a point guard... one as good as rose? probably not, but they have one. what they've always needed is a low post presence, and a beastly one is sitting there for the taking. if they take rose instead, paxson is a fucking moron.

I still can't sit still from actually winning this thing....:rockon:

But no way would Derrick Rose be a bad thing. There are teams willing to overpay in a trade for Hinrich.

They say Rose is as good as Deron Williams. I'm not going to complain if we get that. Nor will I complain if we take Beasley.

Ooo, this is tough. Headache, you're right on with the post player thing, but I disagree with the point guard idea. I actually don't think they have a very good point guard...I'm not huge on Heinrich...

That said, I'd take either. :)

It will be interesting...

Maybe we'll draft Hibbard!!! :|

Last edited:
Totally forgot about the Draft Lottery being on tonight. Crazy that the Bulls got the first pick, hope they put it to good use instead of wasting the development of some good young players.

I kind of want to see how bad Kevin McHale will mess up with the 3rd pick, too.

The more I think about it, the more I want Rose. He's a hometown hero, everyone says he'll be right there with Deron and Paul, an absolute surefire. Beasley reportedly already has character issues and he's undersized at the 4. And putting Rose in our backcourt will open up a world of trade possibilities. It will not be difficult to trade Hinrich, not to mention Nocioni, among others. And having a great pass-first point guard(and don't kid yourself, Hinrich is NOT a real point guard, and he is NOT great like Rose) will make guys like Tyrus and Noah better, the way Paul makes Chandler better, except that Tyrus and Noah both have more raw offensive talent that Chandler.

Yeah. I want Rose.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Does Hinrich's contract make him untradeable at this point?

No. He's BYC and that won't expire until July, but after that, it won't be difficult to trade him. But he'll net more in a package rather than on his own.

That's cool, but you need an actual post player to be successful in the NBA. Food for thought.

T.J. Ford'll be on the trading block this off-season, get him using Hinrich or Gordon, trade Nocioni to the Spurs to give U2@NYC a permaboner, package Gooden and Thomas or Sefalosha for a vet big to put next to Beasley and you're all set.

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:
That's cool.

But Rudy Gay isn't a franchise player, is he?

Derrick Rose is a guy you can build a team around.

He just lead his team to an NCAA title, he's a hometown Chicago product, everyone says he's a sure thing, a superstar, a franchise player. And most Bulls fans at the moment are saying(via RealGM.com's Bulls board) that they want Rose over Beasley.

You're right about Gay, that's why I edited my post.

Last time I checked, Kansas won the title, not Memphis.

I see what you're saying, but I don't get why you'd pass on Beasley. It really all depends on whatever coach they get, too.

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:
You're right about Gay, that's why I edited my post.

Last time I checked, Kansas won the title, not Memphis.

I see what you're saying, but I don't get why you'd pass on Beasley. It really all depends on whatever coach they get, too.

My bad about the NCAA title...I didn't actually watch much of that game, I guess my memory is faulty.

Ok, he led his team to the championship game and came very close to winning the NCAA title.

And I'm just thinking, if Chris Paul can make Tyson Chandler into a 10ppg guy, then I'd say Derrick Rose could make Tyrus Thomas into a 15+ppg guy, seeing as how people are already putting Rose in the same teir as Paul and Deron and seeing as how Tyrus has some raw albiet undeveloped offensive talent and Chandler has close to none.

I can't exactly explain it, but Rose is exciting me more right now. When there's an absolute sure-fire franchise player, you take him.

I think it's hard to judge until the Bulls get a coach. Who knows what type of system will favor either player by the time of the draft? I love Paul's game and flair, but I think most of his success comes from great coaching and being in the right system that fit his talents.

Thomas and Chandler are two different types of players. I don't see the comparison.

I don't know how Gordon or Deng would play with a true point guard, but right now, they have to have the ball in their hands to score. There's no chemistry, at least from what I've seen.

Last edited:
If Hinrich is so bad why the hell would it be easy to trade him? Who wants a point guard who is not a good passer and plays meh defense?

That being said, since the Bulls need all sorts of help, might as well take the home-town kid. Hopefully being surrounded by friends and family will not be a distraction. Oh, and anyone that saw Memphis play knows they were a true team, no one player lead them, and if they did have a leader if was Douglas-Roberts.

Not the first time the Boss Angeles GREATkers came back down 20. Uh-oh it's the Trailblazers all over again!

Phil Zen Master Jackson 40-0 when winning game 1 of a series, I said "Wow!"

That is one amazing stat they put up for Phil. And I usually roll my eyes at random stats.

I managed to turn the game back on just to catch the amazing comeback.

If there was any doubt about kobe being the MVP, last night proved it.
Lakers win the conference in 6.

Lakers/Celtics in Finals......Lakers:rockon: in 7

Puhleeze.

Though it was fun to see Manflop miss a potential game winner, Peja would have drained it.
Yes, you know it's true.

MVP Kobe Black Mamba Bryant will lead his troops;

Pau Right In The Kisser Gasol
Lamar GODom
D-Wreck SWISHer
Sasha The Machine VujaCLUTCH

He has Chick The Games In Jesus' Fridge Hearn guiding the ball from above, as they avenge their fallen brother And(1)rew Bynumite.

Yes, you know it's true.

Lamar GODom
D-Wreck SWISHer

He has Chick The Games In Jesus' Fridge Hearn guiding the ball from above, as they avenge their fallen brother And(1)rew Bynumite.

:applaud:

Can I quote you on some of these, please?

My favorite being Pau "Right in the Kisser" Gasol.

I'm totally using that. I will pay you the deserved royalties.
Thanks.

Yes, you know it's true.

Lamar GODom
D-Wreck SWISHer

Where's Luke JOHNBOY Walton or DJ SheBangaMbanga?

Just another E-Z peezy weezy for your BOSS Angeles GREATkers :yawn:
It was such a 30pt blow out they had to bring in the best bench in the league;

Jordan The Halfcourt Hebrew Farmar
BEEF-a-Ronny Male Laker Girl Turiaf
D(for dunk)J(for jam) The Kongo Killer mBANGa
And the grand return of Trevor Ariza!

With TAntalum (wiki it) and And(1)rew Bynumite back next season, the 08 champion GREATkers are going to have a perfect season.

Spoiler alert for game 4!

The lakers have a 3-0 lead on the Spurs, and it's do or die time.
4th quarter they are down by 1, and kobe has the ball
he dribble drives and stops for the floater but twists midair and passes it out to...
BIG SHOT Robert The Mole Horry! who takes off his Spurs jersey to reveal a purple and gold uniform underneath
He jacks up and hits the game winning 3 for the GREATkers!
David stern struts down like Vince Mcmahon and raises Horry's arm in triumph as the good guys prevail over the evil team in black

Ahh, so nice!

The Celtics are gonna have to win one on the road for that to happen now.

I honestly don't know if they can at this point.

That's a good point. :hmm:

Lakers/Celtics in the Finals...Lakers on 4.:)

Btw, Inside the NBA always delivers and Charles makes the whole show; "Robert Horry...............it's over."
Kenny being run over by the car and his shoes left on the pavement....:lol:

Very impressive showing by the Lake Show.

I really like this team. Fun to watch.

They pass the ball so well...they are very deep...great coaching...they can dominate the boards when they want to...they can hit the outside shot...they work together very well and listen to eachother...they can apply intense defensive pressure when it's called for.

And none of the above mentions Kobe...the best player we've seen since Michael.

That is why they will win it this year.

(And Impy, your sig reminds me of how my favorite character on AD was Maeby and that I might need to bust out my season 1 DVD's here pretty soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom