NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a stupid fucking move for the knicks. Ewing Jr. is a bum. There's no more isiah to blame it on.

What a stupid fucking move for the knicks. Ewing Jr. is a bum. There's no more isiah to blame it on.

Aww, there's no need to worry. This was pretty much a PR trade by the Knicks. It gives them a chance to unload the useless Weiss. Plus, it gives the Ewing family a chance to achieve a nice little dream they had one day hoped for.

An added bonus is if Ewing Jr. makes the team. If the kid works hard enough, he'll be able to earn his spot on the roster.

why is it a "stupid fucking move" to trade the symbol of knicks futility, who isn't even under contract, for the son of the symbol of the great knick teams of the 90s, who probably won't make the team anyway?

if anything, as namckur said, it's a great symbolic PR move that is a no-lose situation... even if ewing jr. somehow makes the team, he'd make the NBA minimum. if he doesn't, it costs the knicks absolutely nothing.

why is it a "stupid fucking move" to trade the symbol of knicks futility, who isn't even under contract, for the son of the symbol of the great knick teams of the 90s, who probably won't make the team anyway?

if anything, as namckur said, it's a great symbolic PR move that is a no-lose situation... even if ewing jr. somehow makes the team, he'd make the NBA minimum. if he doesn't, it costs the knicks absolutely nothing.

as namkcur said?

That wasn't me. :wink:

they also brought in dan grunfeld... another nice little nod to the knicks glory days of the 90's... and how sad is it that things have gotten sooooo bad with the knicks that knick fans consider an era in which we failed to win a championship the "glory days."

walsh has like 49 players under contract heading into training camp... he has a ton of moves he has to make before the end of october.

Starbury doesnt want to go away. As if they owe him 21 million dollars. He's such a piece of shit.

apparently dolan refuses to let walsh buy him out for the full 22 million... which after the money they gave to larry brown, lenny wilkens, jalen rose, penny hardaway and god knows who else they've bought out under the reign of isiah, it's honestly just baffeling... but in a way, not.

my favorite moment from knicks media day...

Eventually, he was in constant contradiction with reality and himself. One moment, he insisted that he no longer cared what anyone said about him, that his spiritual awakening – an annual epiphany – made him “pray” for those belittling his greatness. He cared so little, he called out one New York basketball writer, Newsday’s Ken Berger, for aptly describing Marbury as “toxic” in the paper this summer.

At the end of his session, Marbury climbed to his feet and wrapped a creeped-out Berger in the most inappropriate Knicks hug since Isiah and Anucha. Marbury kept saying, “I’m going to pray for you,” in this strange, suffocating clench. And then, he left his teammates behind in the gym and walked toward a curtain patrician leaping into the air and pumping his fists to no one but himself. Once more, Marbury disappeared into his own world.

capt.5fbde7c2121d46c59d2c8a8d23909388.knicks_marbury_basketball__nysw103.jpg

i wish marbury would pray for me :sad:

20081001rip.jpg

which of the following is true...

a) richard hamilton is big fan of abe lincoln
b) richard hamilton got a new mask that attaches it's self to facial hair
c) richard hamilton looks like a schmuck
d) richard hamilton is once again trying to take the attention away from his ever receding hairline.
e) all of the above.

Opening night is gonna be pretty cool in Boston this season. First banner in a long time getting raised.
Should be another good season.

I'm excited too. And it will be here before we know it.

I'm really looking forward to watching Derrick Rose lead us back to prominence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom