NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread Part II - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 01:25 AM   #151
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:48 AM
I didn't think anyone would actually buy into these obvious joke posts. People must know weirdo fans like that. Oh brother.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:31 AM   #152
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlhere View Post
I didn't think anyone would actually buy into these obvious joke posts. People must know weirdo fans like that. Oh brother.
yes but since you never post no one knows you're a

Old 05-29-2008, 07:51 AM   #153
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:48 AM
Ray Allen, welcome to the 2008 NBA playoffs.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:04 AM   #154
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
firstly he's a terrific athlete... just because he can't jump, he can run for days.

largely it's because of the mask... everytime i see him wearing that mask i just want to punch him in the face.

besides that... he's a foul machine. watch him. every play, offense and defense, he commits a foul. honest. watch him. he does.

and lastly, it's your statement that he's a "great shooter." correction... he's a great mid-range shooter. he's deadly from 10-15 feet. when was the last time ya saw him knock down a big three?

but yea... mainly it's the mask.
Nothing to do with where he played his college ball, right? I was thinking Rip should actually paint some designs on the mask, maybe with some dayglo paint or something...that would be pimpin

BTW speaking of fouls, non-fouls, and what is and isn't in the playoffs...Jackson and Van Gundy gave Mike Breen a well-earned thrashing over his contention that PJ's foul was correctly called a flagrant. I thought it was pretty funny how for the rest of the game when a semi-hard foul happened one of them would ask "so Mike, is THAT a flagrant?" Good stuff.

Perk was a beast last night, which is what I like to see. I wonder if that's what we'd see from him if he could stay out of foul trouble consistently?

Remember me?
Old 05-29-2008, 08:08 AM   #155
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Hmmm. A bad sense of humor?
Old 05-29-2008, 08:11 AM   #156
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

More bad news for the Spurs...

ESPN - Fines will be imposed for clear cases of flopping - NBA
Old 05-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #157
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
This only starts next season.

So Manu needs to do some big time flopping tonight.

I guess the "masterplan #2" will involve some procedure under which Rob Horry breaks Kobe Bryant's leg...
Old 05-29-2008, 09:04 AM   #158
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i can't believe i'm reading this thread

catlhere has a very...unique style of humour i guess you could say.
it's okay... me and my brother used to call the cowboys the SMELLboys. get it? GET IT?!?!?! BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahh man... those were the days.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:07 AM   #159
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Nothing to do with where he played his college ball, right? I was thinking Rip should actually paint some designs on the mask, maybe with some dayglo paint or something...that would be pimpin

BTW speaking of fouls, non-fouls, and what is and isn't in the playoffs...Jackson and Van Gundy gave Mike Breen a well-earned thrashing over his contention that PJ's foul was correctly called a flagrant. I thought it was pretty funny how for the rest of the game when a semi-hard foul happened one of them would ask "so Mike, is THAT a flagrant?" Good stuff.
well i love ray allen, and he went to uconn, so neener neener neeener

as for that PJ Brown flagrant... all breen had to do was make the argument that pj's arms visably pushed the player to the ground while in the air. that's what made it a flagrant, and that's what made it different from all of the other examples they used over the course of the game. both arms flailing downwards on an airborne player is not a natural motion.

and i still hate pj brown.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:16 AM   #160
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2@NYC View Post
The NBA just released an official statement saying that a 2 shot foul should have been called on Brent Barry last night.

So there you have it. Now it's an official ripoff.

so if they had made the call and the lakers ended up losing in overtime, would the NBA then make an official statement declaring that the spurs never should have gotten the ball because the refs missed a reset of the 24 second shot clock on the previous posession? thus making it official that the lakers got ripped off?

did he get fouled? yes. obviously. there is no arguing that there was a foul committed. the only argument is wether or not you make such a call to decide the game on. i say no, and if you watch the final minute of the boston/detroit game last night, you can see things going on that, as van gundy said, "if you did that on the streets of manhattan they'd throw you in jail." but they weren't called.. why? it's the F'ing playoffs. that's why. it's an accepted fact that refs are going to swallow the whistles down the stretch, and that you're going to have to get absolutely hammered to get a call that could potentialy decide the game and/or the series. brent barry did not get hammered. he got fouled. the decision to let it go was the right decision, in my mind.

and as for the NBA... i absolutely hate when leagues do this. if it's a clock error? fine. but this is a judgement call. what the league should have said was something along the lines of "referees are paid to make judgement calls and they made one here. not eveyone will always agree with their decisions, but such is life. we stand by the decision not to call a foul."

what's next? "major league baseball would like to state that the ball 3 in the 4th inning was clearly a strike, and should have been called. by the umpire calling that a ball, when it should have been a strike, it lead to an increased pitch count, which lead to the stupid manager taking the pitcher out earlier than he should have, which lead to the bullpen blowing the game, as they are prone to do, 'cause the bullpen in question blows. our sincere appologies."
Old 05-29-2008, 09:19 AM   #161
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

^ But everybody loves Ray Allen. I hate Duke and G'Town but I like AI and Grant Hill.

The PJ play to me was just a hard foul. He made contact as I recall on the arm but damn near the body (armpit area) so you could justify the flagrant, but the way this series is being played and officiated I think it's just a foul...but when the dunker's in the air and falls like that you see the flagrant. The one where Pierce wrapped up Billups was worse IMO, damn near a tackle.

Sheed loves the officiating:

T’d Rasheed Wallace rips referees - BostonHerald.com
Old 05-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #162
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:48 AM
There's a really clear pattern developing in these playoffs.

Lakers win their series' early, giving them more time than their next opponent to rest and get mentally prepared. They come out against the less-rested team and win games 1 and 2, puttin all the momentum on their side and all but guaranteeing a series victory.

The Lakers will win tonight, keeping the pattern intact...so what will happen in the Finals?
Old 05-29-2008, 09:39 AM   #163
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
^ But everybody loves Ray Allen. I hate Duke and G'Town but I like AI and Grant Hill.

The PJ play to me was just a hard foul. He made contact as I recall on the arm but damn near the body (armpit area) so you could justify the flagrant, but the way this series is being played and officiated I think it's just a foul...but when the dunker's in the air and falls like that you see the flagrant. The one where Pierce wrapped up Billups was worse IMO, damn near a tackle.

Sheed loves the officiating:
i'm gonna try to find some youtube video of the last minute... when hamilton got a boo boo. he literaly had his entire palm pressed against jesus' face, and then had his arm wrapped around his neck, and that's how he hurt himself. i wonder what sheed has to say about that no call.

i'd have been alright if the pj brown was called just a foul. but anytime when both arms forceably move downward with no play on the ball on an airborne player, i think you have to call it a flagrant.

the pierce on billups i think the refs judged no intent to injure, but it certainly could have been ruled a flagrant. i think pierce's reaction afterwords, and that he doesn't have a reputation of being a dirty player, where as PJ has the reputation of sometimes power bombing point guards into the first row, is why it wasn't called a flagrant.

all i know is this... if the pistons find themselves down double digits in the 4th quarter of game 6, you can bet that 'Sheed is gonna get that 7th technical in style.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:40 AM   #164
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i can't believe i'm reading this thread
Are you lost or something?
Old 05-29-2008, 09:42 AM   #165
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
it's okay... me and my brother used to call the cowboys the SMELLboys. get it? GET IT?!?!?! BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahh man... those were the days.
But what about the retractable roof?

Tags
basketball, nba