NBA 2019, Finals & Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
also finding it quite hilarious how yesterday i posted about how people are going to discredit the raptors because of the injuries to the warriors and was told that i was being overly defensive and to chill, and then later that very same day we get "raptors are only in it because of injuries" posts. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
also finding it quite hilarious how yesterday i posted about how people are going to discredit the raptors because of the injuries to the warriors and was told that i was being overly defensive and to chill, and then later that very same day we get "raptors are only in it because of injuries" posts. :rolleyes:
Oh come off it.

If Toronto wins there's no asterisk, nor should you give a shit about what kind of condition the Warriors are in. That's what was said yesterday, and that remains true today.

Do you ever hear anyone talk about the Bad Boy Pistons' first championship being a fluke because Magic didn't play?

That doesn't change the very real fact that Golden State has multiple in their prime all stars that are currently hurt, and one of them happens to be a top 3 player in the league and a top 20 player of all time.

That does not take away from Toronto's accomplishments if they are able to win 2 more games. The only way it sours anything is if you let it.

I was watching this throwback from ESPN and it reminded me how fun Iverson was to watch. One of the toughest players ever.

Yeah but from cobbler and GAF, so those posts have to be taken with 2,869 grains of salt, 3 cases of Foster's and 7 bottles of Vodka.

oh my god the dude that shoved kyle lowry and said some derogatory shit to him last night was a part-owner of the warriors. you can't make this shit up. :lol:

golden state fans have forfeited any right to complain about drake for the rest of eternity.

Dave...

You sound like a trump supporter. Checkmate librulz!

giphy.gif

oh my god the dude that shoved kyle lowry and said some derogatory shit to him last night was a part-owner of the warriors. you can't make this shit up. :lol:

golden state fans have forfeited any right to complain about drake for the rest of eternity.

and they banned him for the rest of the series.

D8ZDM-gVUAIwBxM.jpg

as toronto should do with their own douchenozzle fan who thinks he has the right to be involved in the action. which is, kinda, the whole point. he doesn't (and has shut the fuck up since the NBA told him to shut the fuck up). because inappropriate behavior is inappropriate behavior no matter if you're joe schmo, an unpaid brand ambassador, or a minority owner.

right, because drake is aggressively shoving players, attempting to swat away live balls and sticking out his legs to trip warriors players when they run near the sidelines. totally the same thing.

right, because drake is aggressively shoving players, attempting to swat away live balls and sticking out his legs to trip warriors players when they run near the sidelines. totally the same thing.

oh for fucks sake

dude barely pushed lowry. don't blow it up into more than what it was.

it was inappropriate and it was dealt with in the way it should be dealt with.

:rolleyes: this take is spicier than pascal siakam in a habanero field.

notice that nobody cares about anybody else that's touching lowry other than the guy who leans over two entire seats for the express purpose of putting his hands on the player and yelling derogatory nonsense at him.

the woman he was with (in the light blue shirt) actively tries to swat the ball away from lowry towards centre court while it's still live. not one thing was said to her about that.

the announcers pointed out that they had seen the same person (allegedly) sticking his legs out oddly far and potentially trying to trip raptors players earlier in the game.

yes it was not a hard shove, but these things do have the potential to affect the outcome of the game and the series. imagine this guy touching lowry as he's getting up causes him to lose his balance and fall on his already badly-hurt thumb and suddenly kyle can't play. imagine this guy tripping kawhi and aggravating his already-injured leg.

that's a little different than drake pretenting to pull a piece of fluff out of the hair of a player who happens to be such a close friend that he has a tattoo honouring their friendship. the worst thing drake has done in this series is jaw back and forth a little bit with draymond green after game 1, who i will remind you went over to drake on his own volition for the express purpose of having that little chit-chat with him.

come the fuck on. i know for a fact you're not this obtuse.

Dude I readily acknowledged from the get go that what the fan (or as we know now minority owner) did was inappropriate and the Warriors were right to have him removed. No fan should ever make any contact with a player. There is zero excuse for what he did. Let's just not make it out to be the second coming of the Mallace in the Palace. Chris Paul couldn't flop his way into selling that as anything more than a light push. Still incredibly inappropriate and never never ever okay. Aggressive shoving? He could have hurt him? Give me a break. It's on video.

You really want to talk about a random unconfirmed report about someone's legs being out too far?

How about someone roaming the sidelines while play is going on who doesn't belong there? Think that could cause an injury if someone were to run into him at full speed? Think cursing players out to their face couldn't cause a bigger issue? As if Steph Curry is the only player this clown has touched? As if people didn't have to hold back Kendrick Perkins from beating the shit out or Aubrey? Man, I wonder if that could have cause an issue? The fucking commissioner had to get involved specifically because the Raptors, who are otherwise an absolute world class organization, wouldn't.

The "man Drake really isn't doing anything other than having fun, people just don't like him because they clearly hate the amazing Toronto Raptors" is a strange hill to die on.

Let's just not make it out to be the second coming of the Mallace in the Palace.

The "man Drake really isn't doing anything other than having fun, people just don't like him because they clearly hate the amazing Toronto Raptors" is a strange hill to die on.

thank you for taking the actual words i said and utterly misrepresenting them into some hyperbolic nonsense.

i can see this discussion is not going anywhere valuable so no point in continuing it until we're mad at each other. let's go raptors.

So is Durant's angle to let it slip to 3-1 and then hope he can bring them back from the brink? It seems like his ego is fragile enough to mine those kind of dramatic depths.

Or maybe the injury is a lot a worse than a calf sprain. Who knows.

Last edited:
Calf strains are generally worse thank most people give them credit for, mostly because of the high likelihood of reinjury.

A typical grade I*calf strain*will*heal*in seven to 10 days, a grade II*injury*within about four to six weeks, and a grade III*calf strain*within about three months. The most common*injury*is a grade II*calf strain*that takes about six weeks for complete*healing.

That said I definitely thought he'd be back by now.

Yeah me too, because The Finals and all.

It could be that he is concerned about hurting his free agency prospects, which would be a pretty bad look if a title is on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom