NBA 2019, Finals & Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Look who's so pressed he's back in here to respond 20 minutes later, whereas I posted once today. You also have a very wide interpretation of the term "whine".

Also what's your obsession with the time of day? I don't watch these games. I don't even like basketball beyond a passing interest. I just got back from working an event and saw the score and game recap.

You make it really hard to have sympathy for your underdog status when you can't even handle someone talking shit about your team's very visible jerkoff fan.

If Thompson's out the rest of the way, they're finally at a point where they absolutely need KD back. Looney going down is also big, but is negated if Cousins continues to play within himself and just play the role that Golden State needs him to play, which he did beautifully last night. But I don't think the Warriors can win 3 more games if both KD and Thompson don't play, even though they now control home court.

Switching to a Box and 1 was genius by Nick Nurse, but it's a gimmick defense that's easy to beat if you're ready for it... so I would be stunned if Golden State wasn't ready for it next time.

As genius as that play was, I'm a little stunned that Toronto didn't try and put Boogie cousins and the walking corpse of Andrew Bogut into more pick and roll situations. This seems like a no brainier, especially going forward if Looney is out.

Kawhi was great, but #playoffkylelowry made a return appearance. Gasol was obviously not going to play as well as he did in game 1, and Siakam was due to come back to earth as well. Would be nice if Danny Green would show up. He looks to be toast. Van Vleet has been phenomenal but ran out of gas a little in that closing 4 minutes where Toronto couldn't throw the ball in the ocean despite getting multiple offensive rebounds.

The game changed at the start of the 3rd quarter with that 18-0 run. Toronto never recovered. The greatest fans in the world probably don't know this, though, since the arena was empty for most of that 18-0 run as everyone was out getting poutine and a some sorry excuse for bacon that's really just a fucking cooked slice of ham.

Alas, we can now go off to Oakland, where a corny rapper will draw needless attention and annoy everyone by inappropriately inserting himself into the game so often that the NBA needs to step in and tell him to sit the fuck down.

1.JPG

Don't hurt em

Last edited:
I don't even like basketball beyond a passing interest. I just got back from working an event and saw the score and game recap.

so you didn't watch the game, only read the box score, from which your only takeaway was "haha drake is a loser" and then thought we would all care to read that very informed and valuable opinion for the second game in a row. so cool.

You make it really hard to have sympathy for your underdog status when you can't even handle someone talking shit about your team's very visible jerkoff fan.

lol nobody gives a shit about your "sympathy for the raptors underdog status" (whatever that means).

Last edited:
Switching to a Box and 1 was genius by Nick Nurse, but it's a gimmick defense that's easy to beat if you're ready for it... so I would be stunned if Golden State wasn't ready for it next time.

It completely caught Golden Shower off guard and they had no answer. Unfortunately for the Raptors they failed to score at the other end for over 3 minutes as well.

Kawhi was great, but #playoffkylelowry made a return appearance. Gasol was obviously not going to play as well as he did in game 1, and Siakam was due to come back to earth as well. Would be nice if Danny Green would show up. He looks to be toast. Van Vleet has been phenomenal but ran out of gas a little in that closing 4 minutes where Toronto couldn't throw the ball in the ocean despite getting multiple offensive rebounds.

can't really disagree with any of this, as much as i would like to. danny green's sudden inability to hit a shot is disappointing, to say the least. powell and vanvleet have been fantastic off the bench lately though which is encouraging. during the sixers series there was nothing happening off the bench and if that was still the case then i'd be a lot more concerned.

The game changed at the start of the 3rd quarter with that 18-0 run. Toronto never recovered. The greatest fans in the world probably don't know this, though, since the arena was empty for most of that 18-0 run as everyone was out getting poutine and a some sorry excuse for bacon that's really just a fucking cooked slice of ham.

yea the scotiabank arena is notorious for this. i'm not sure what it is. it happens at leafs games, concerts - no matter what, the first few minutes back from any intermission is always nearly empty. fans at other arenas also have to piss and get beer and snacks at halftime so i'm really not sure why it takes so much longer here than it does in other arenas. i guess it probably has something to do with the configuration as there are often bottlenecks in the concourses at the entrances to the seating. but in any case there's no excuse for letting the other team go on an 18-0 run whether every seat is filled or the arena is totally empty.

It completely caught Golden Shower off guard and they had no answer. Unfortunately for the Raptors they failed to score at the other end for over 3 minutes as well.
Absolutely. HUGE missed opportunity by Toronto there. No Klay, no KD, and Toronto dominated the offensive glass... and still couldn't score. They'll seriously regret that time frame if they lose.

Also at what point if you're Steve Kerr do you tell one of the 40 suits on the bench to go in the back and Google how to beat a box and 1? I get not being ready for it since it's so incredibly rare on the NBA level, but there's nobody on the bench who can speak up? Major dodged bullet. I ha e to imagine the video room spent the entire flight back home piecing together video of college teams attacking a box and 1. Perhaps they should start with some old Davidson film. They had a guy once who drew a shit ton of junk defenses. Can't recall his name, though.

so you didn't watch the game, only read the box score, from which your only takeaway was "haha drake is a loser" and then thought we would all care to read that very informed and valuable opinion for the second game in a row. so cool.

RECAP, not box score. Learn how to fucking read. And there was also some video highlights, as well as memes about Drake in Game 2.

I hope the Raptors lose in the most humiliating way possible.

Curry supposedly under the weather as well.

I know there are some folks who question whether Draymond Green is really a star caliber player or just fortunate to play with those other 3, last night should put any such questions to rest.

Yea something was up with Wardell Jr. last night in the beginning of the game... but he certainly snapped out of it late. Kerr says it may have been dehydration. Maybe from too much poutine.

i can assure you from experience that you're probably pretty "hydrated" to begin with if you're at the point of eating so much poutine that it makes you sick.

not fining the clippers for trying to buy kawhi's logo so that they could literally use it as a hostage in free agency is also spectacularly stupid.

kawhi REALLY did not like that...

[tweet]1135661063725182977[/tweet]

he litigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom