NBA 2019, Finals & Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way, this is such a great move for the league, which is now wide open this year.

The Clippers likely gave up WAY too much for George... but they probably had to do it to get Kawhi.

According to Woj the Thunder were basically playing Clippers and Raptors off one another to see what they could get for George and the highest bidder would then get Kawhi, so collusion/tampering/whatever you want to call it for sure.
Also he claims OKC wanted to send both George and Westbrook to Toronto but Raptors refused to deal Siakam in that scenario.

But that is way too much of a return for George. 4 unprotected picks ( 1 being Miami's 2021), 1 protected and 2 swap opportunities. If the Clippers become the Clippers of old in a few years this could be a huge score for OKC, but the next few years will suck balls for them.

Last edited:
According to Woj the Thunder were basically playing Clippers and Raptors off one another to see what they could get for George and the highest bidder would then get Kawhi, so collusion/tampering/whatever you want to call it for sure.

Also he claims OKC wanted to send both George and Westbrook to Toronto but Raptors refused to deal Siakam in that scenario.

But that is way too much of a return for George. 4 unprotected picks ( being Miami's 1 protected and 2 swap opportunities. If the Clippers become the Clippers of old in a few years this could e a huge score for OKC, but the next few years will suck balls for them.

There's nothing wrong with OKC playing two teams against each other... that's what they should have done.

Players deciding they want to play together and forcing the team's hand, on the other hand... it's clearly something that will be addressed in the next CBA. Solved? Probably not... they thought the super max would solve it. But something else will be done to try and help the small market team keep their players.

Lakers remain a mess. Nobody wants to play with aging LeBron (unless that person is a pawn in LeBron's "it's totally Rich Paul's agency and not mine wink wink" game). Perhaps Lakers could have offered Kawhi a role in Space Jam 2 Electric Boogaloo

Attention can now turn to how the Wizards somehow still don't have a GM.

There's nothing wrong with OKC playing two teams against each other... that's what they should have done.

Players deciding they want to play together and forcing the team's hand, on the other hand... it's clearly something that will be addressed in the next CBA. Solved? Probably not... they thought the super max would solve it. But something else will be done to try and help the small market team keep their players.

Lakers remain a mess. Nobody wants to play with aging LeBron (unless that person is a pawn in LeBron's "it's totally Rich Paul's agency and not mine wink wink" game). Perhaps Lakers could have offered Kawhi a role in Space Jam 2 Electric Boogaloo

Attention can now turn to how the Wizards somehow still don't have a GM.

Oh, I know what OKC did was fine, but the other side of the coin, the "You get Kawhi if you trade for George" part is the problem.

well, fuck. at least it's not the lakers. i can't be mad at the guy for wanting to go be near his family and doing what's best for his career and his people. all the best to him and many, many thanks for all he did for this team and city. his first game back we're going to give him a long standing ovation (sorry demar but it's going to be way crazier for kawhi's return) and i intend to be a part of that crowd if i can get a ticket.

But that is way too much of a return for George. 4 unprotected picks ( 1 being Miami's 2021), 1 protected and 2 swap opportunities. If the Clippers become the Clippers of old in a few years this could be a huge score for OKC, but the next few years will suck balls for them.

if losing siakam and god knows what/who else was the price of keeping kawhi then i'm pretty okay with them not pulling the trigger to do that. like i said before they're still a playoff team without kawhi (and danny). still looking forward to next season to see how the raptors young players progress and how far they can go. after that it'll be a whole new team likely built around pascal which i'm excited to see. i have faith in masai and the front office that this team isn't about to go back to perennial bottom dwelling any time soon.

the fact that he obviously gave strong consideration to staying in toronto on a max deal says volumes. this time last year people were saying he wasn't even going to report to toronto. then he reported and it was "he's not going to give 100% and will leave the instant he can". then he played his ass off, gave us THE SHOT, carried the team single handedly through at least one round of the playoffs, and brought a trophy to canada. and then he still took almost a week to seriously consider if he wanted to leave. he'll always be beloved here no matter what.

thanks for everything. go get paid, board man.

df8235d2-fc20-4367-a470-c9e68d457058_TVASPORTS_WEB.jpg

actually by the sounds of it now the raptors never really had much of a chance at re-signing him and the waiting was mainly to see if the clippers could pull off the PG deal. oh well, it doesn't change how i feel about any of this.

now since open tampering clearly pays off let's start sending masai out to a few bucks games. :up:

I've found it hard to root for the Lakers post-LeBron signing, but god, why did it have the Clippers?

Now I'm praying LeBron can prevent this loser franchise from attaining any kind of dominance in this city.

The day I use a sports subreddit as proof of anything is the day I give up on reading or thinking.

jesus. :rolleyes: the fact that you guys still are insisting that you're right despite it being essentially unanimous in that thread is honestly arrogant as fuck.

jesus. :rolleyes: the fact that you guys still are insisting that you're right despite it being essentially unanimous in that thread is honestly arrogant as fuck.

Davey I luv u bbcakes but really it seems as though the raptor fanbase is committing a social declaration here. I understand coming from a Florida Panther underwhelming franchise where Vince Pavel Bure Carter is your only history where Roberto Luongo is your real star and Scott Mellanby is the backup but like... hear people out... Pavel Bure is the best Panther even though fans will say Lu all day every day.

If Milwaukee wins it all next year, I hope their fan base isn’t as annoying. It’s like the guy who was picked on throughout high school that finally gets laid for the first time.

vince carter's number will never be retired in toronto.

kyle lowry's number will be retired in toronto 5 minutes after he retires.

95%+ of the raptors fanbase agrees with this.

but sure we're all wrong i guess

:shrug:

vince carter's number will never be retired in toronto.

kyle lowry's number will be retired in toronto 5 minutes after he retires.

95%+ of the raptors fanbase agrees with this.

but sure we're all wrong i guess

:shrug:

Ya ain’t listening...

Pavel Bure’s number won’t be retired either. But Lu’s will. But Pavel was the better Panther. But from the inside, Lu won our hearts.

Kyle Lowry may well be the most beloved raptor of all time. He was also a good player, sometimes all star, and had longevity. So I absolutely see how he would be "Mr. Raptor" or some shit. The first player Raptor fans think of when they think of the Raptors. So if that's what "greatest raptor" means to you (you being a fan base, not any one person or poster), sure. He's the greatest raptor and you have every right to feel that way.

To anyone from the outside, it's Vince Carter and nobody else is close - not just based on his play, but the undeniable influence he had on Canadian basketball. Vince is alsi a first ballot hall of famer. Kyle Lowry is borderline at best.

I get it. Knick fans barely acknowledge that Pat Riley is a thing that exists in the universe.

As to his jersey being retired? It should be. Will it? Maybe, we'll see.

https://youtu.be/Un895SyIAQc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom