NBA 2019, Finals & Beyond - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2019, 12:29 PM   #136
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:03 AM
this take is spicier than pascal siakam in a habanero field.

notice that nobody cares about anybody else that's touching lowry other than the guy who leans over two entire seats for the express purpose of putting his hands on the player and yelling derogatory nonsense at him.

the woman he was with (in the light blue shirt) actively tries to swat the ball away from lowry towards centre court while it's still live. not one thing was said to her about that.

the announcers pointed out that they had seen the same person (allegedly) sticking his legs out oddly far and potentially trying to trip raptors players earlier in the game.

yes it was not a hard shove, but these things do have the potential to affect the outcome of the game and the series. imagine this guy touching lowry as he's getting up causes him to lose his balance and fall on his already badly-hurt thumb and suddenly kyle can't play. imagine this guy tripping kawhi and aggravating his already-injured leg.

that's a little different than drake pretenting to pull a piece of fluff out of the hair of a player who happens to be such a close friend that he has a tattoo honouring their friendship. the worst thing drake has done in this series is jaw back and forth a little bit with draymond green after game 1, who i will remind you went over to drake on his own volition for the express purpose of having that little chit-chat with him.

come the fuck on. i know for a fact you're not this obtuse.

DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:43 PM   #137
Blue Crack Distributor

Dude I readily acknowledged from the get go that what the fan (or as we know now minority owner) did was inappropriate and the Warriors were right to have him removed. No fan should ever make any contact with a player. There is zero excuse for what he did. Let's just not make it out to be the second coming of the Mallace in the Palace. Chris Paul couldn't flop his way into selling that as anything more than a light push. Still incredibly inappropriate and never never ever okay. Aggressive shoving? He could have hurt him? Give me a break. It's on video.

You really want to talk about a random unconfirmed report about someone's legs being out too far?

How about someone roaming the sidelines while play is going on who doesn't belong there? Think that could cause an injury if someone were to run into him at full speed? Think cursing players out to their face couldn't cause a bigger issue? As if Steph Curry is the only player this clown has touched? As if people didn't have to hold back Kendrick Perkins from beating the shit out or Aubrey? Man, I wonder if that could have cause an issue? The fucking commissioner had to get involved specifically because the Raptors, who are otherwise an absolute world class organization, wouldn't.

The "man Drake really isn't doing anything other than having fun, people just don't like him because they clearly hate the amazing Toronto Raptors" is a strange hill to die on.

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:56 PM   #138
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Let's just not make it out to be the second coming of the Mallace in the Palace.

The "man Drake really isn't doing anything other than having fun, people just don't like him because they clearly hate the amazing Toronto Raptors" is a strange hill to die on.
thank you for taking the actual words i said and utterly misrepresenting them into some hyperbolic nonsense.

i can see this discussion is not going anywhere valuable so no point in continuing it until we're mad at each other. let's go raptors.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:12 PM   #139
ONE
love, blood, life

It all gets better when you win
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:21 PM   #140
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
thank you for taking the actual words i said and utterly misrepresenting them into some hyperbolic nonsense.

i can see this discussion is not going anywhere valuable so no point in continuing it until we're mad at each other. let's go raptors.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:29 PM   #141
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Yeah but from cobbler and GAF, so those posts have to be taken with 2,869 grains of salt, 3 cases of Foster's and 7 bottles of Vodka.
I do like to drink vodka, from time to time.
GirlsAloudFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:38 PM   #142
Blue Crack Distributor

Hey remember when the Nets couldn't free up enough cap space to sign KD and Kyrie because they couldn't get Crabbe's 18 million off their books without giving up crazy assets?

How's that working out?
Old 06-06-2019, 03:53 PM   #143
Blue Crack Addict

klay in, KD out for game 4.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:56 PM   #144
Blue Crack Distributor

Looney still out but possibly returning at some point, which is a bigger loss than most realize because it means Boogie has to play starter minutes and the corpse of Andrew Bogut to play at all.

If only they had Delly. He could play center
Old 06-06-2019, 05:22 PM   #145
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

So is Durant's angle to let it slip to 3-1 and then hope he can bring them back from the brink? It seems like his ego is fragile enough to mine those kind of dramatic depths.

Or maybe the injury is a lot a worse than a calf sprain. Who knows.
iron yuppie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:27 PM   #146
Blue Crack Distributor

Calf strains are generally worse thank most people give them credit for, mostly because of the high likelihood of reinjury.

Quote:
A typical grade I*calf strain*will*heal*in seven to 10 days, a grade II*injury*within about four to six weeks, and a grade III*calf strain*within about three months. The most common*injury*is a grade II*calf strain*that takes about six weeks for complete*healing.
That said I definitely thought he'd be back by now.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Yeah me too, because The Finals and all.

It could be that he is concerned about hurting his free agency prospects, which would be a pretty bad look if a title is on the line.
iron yuppie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:52 PM   #148
Blue Crack Addict

The only way he huts his FA prospects is if his leg falls off.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:55 PM   #149
Blue Crack Distributor

I still think there's a better chance he returns than people think
Old 06-06-2019, 08:52 PM   #150
Blue Crack Distributor

The Celtics we're able to trade for Kyrie with the assets they acquired from the Nets. It would be ironic if they then lost him to the Nets for nothing, don'tcha think?