NBA 2016 Playoffs & Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I mean at the very least, a playoff appearance helps attract free agents.

Fuckin' Wade. I get why he did it and all, but still. Him taking a discount historically is his own doing. I side with management on this one... his departure is a cap blessing in disguise. He can go tarnish his own legacy, whatever.
It's the right move on both sides.

Wade took a pay cut with the promise that it would be made up to him, and they reneged, cause Riley's a snake.

Riley was smart to do so, because he's as shrewd a GM as they come.

The Bulls on the other hand now have two back court players who can't shoot worth shit.

Last edited:
Riley's the best damn snake out there. I'd never complain, with three championships and routine success.

Chris Bosh is why this team couldn't afford Wade. If he can't be healthy, and they signed Wade, this team would be fucked. And something tells me they're not too confident about Bosh. Very fragile position they're in right now.

NBA 2016 Playoffs & Beyond

I'm grateful that our season will now be much more entertaining.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what the plan is long term outside of a theoretical splash signing in 2017 on the strength of his Wade/Rondo's performance this year, which is a gamble. This team is not good enough to chase rings in 2016 and now their core is old.

Last edited:
Bosh will retire, they'll be back a lottery team, and they'll have all the cap room in the world to sign whoever they want over the next two seasons.

Are all of the picks they traded away lottery protected? I'm pretty sure they still owe a handful of 1st and 2nd round picks, though all that stuff was a mess that I quickly forgot about.

I don't think the Heat will be bad next year. Whiteside is really good. Even without Bosh, I think they have a good shot at the playoffs in the East.

I'm grateful that our season will now be much more entertaining.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what the plan is long term outside of a theoretical splash signing in 2017 on the strength of his Wade/Rondo's performance this year, which is a gamble. This team is not good enough to chase rings in 2016 and now their core is old.
The Bulls best chance is to just be a defensive lockdown team, mud it up and get a lot of transition baskets. Cause offensively they are looking to be easy to guard... just play off and protect the paint.

Yeah, I'm with you. Their half court offense will be pretty bad. Not even sure Wade is a good defender these days.

It's unclear what their plan is. I thought they wanted to rebuild, but this seems to leave them just around mediocrity, which is the worst position to be at (hello Knicks!).

Spending a couple of seasons at the end of his career on his hometown team is not tarnishing his legacy, regardless of whether they compete or not.

I would venture to say if any player spends their entire career with one team from start to finish, it's a legacy builder. I was referring to Dwyane Wade's "Miami Wade County" legacy.

I'm not hating on him. Like I said, blessing in disguise. But I wouldn't pretend I'm not disappointed with him.

This at least breaks the looooooong streak of big name free agents not wanting to come to Chicago.

Yeah, D Wade is old but he's still a big name. So we got that goin for us, which is nice.

As LeMel alluded too, at least the Bulls won't be boring. I'm looking forward to the season with Stacey King on the call.

Probably a starting 5 of Rondo, Wade, Butler, Gibson, and Lopez. With Valentine, McDermott, Mirotic, and Portis off the bench.

I think two key players there are McDermott and Mirotic. They both need to become more consistent at shooting the three. And I think they both can.

tim-duncan-5-championships.jpg

Duncan was the ultimate professional. Incredible player. Also, I agree with Dirk Nowitski's comments "He was always about winning, never about making a brand out of himself."

Yeah, Duncan definitely was a humble winner. Easily one of the best role models for the modern NBA player.

Back
Top Bottom