NBA 2016 Playoffs & Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not shattered, no. It's sad, though. Everything changed after that first knee injury.

And this wasn't completely out of nowhere. He wasn't going to be a Bull after this year no matter what.

I hope he fucking slays people on the Knicks this year. I'll be cheering for him the rest of his career.

To say this is as bad as the Bargnani trade is just silly.

They gave up nothing. No draft picks, nobody if value. They have up a center in a league that doesn't give two shits about centers anymore. They weren't winning with Lopez, they're likely not winning with Rose either, but they just picked up $15 million in additional cap space for the biggest free agent year since when LeBron left Cleveland.

Just because somebody was stupid enough to give up two #1s for Mozgov doesn't mean that's what Lopez is worth.

It is not nothing. As I said, Robin Lopez clearly has value. He is an above average player (who happens to complement KP really well, but that's beside the point) signed for another 3 years on a team-friendly contract that is basically peanuts under the new cap. Wait until Evan Turner signs a $15 million/year contract next week and Lopez' value will become even more evident.

Having cap space these days is basically meaningless. We are no longer in the 2010 offseason. Every team has cap space. Teams don't trade for cap space anymore. I hope you are right that they are able to sign good free agents next year, but when was the last time the Knicks signed a sought-after team agent from another team?

Gump, I don't even know what TS% is but based on that post I already know it sucks.

Rose might have had only one good TS% (fuck that) when he was healthy but he sure as shit didn't only have one great season when he was healthy. Did you watch him play? Before that first knee injury he was one of the most uniquely explosive players in NBA history. Fuck off with TS%.

In 2016 he's not close to what he was but to even HINT that before the injuries he wasn't a great player is preposterous. Fuck outta here.

Dude, you could have found out what TS% means more quickly than it took you to type the above BS. We are not talking quantum mechanics here. Just a handy way of putting FT, FG and 3PT accuracy together. And here's what it says: FOR EVERY SEASON EXCEPT ONE, DERRICK ROSE WAS A BELOW AVERAGE SHOOTER. But whatever, sorry to tell you that your hero is overrated, even before knee surgery.

I don't care about "uniquely explosive". I want productivity. He scored tons of point because he shot all the fucking time. And you know what: the Knicks already have a guy just like that in the team.

And here's the deal: the Knicks are not trading for 2011 Derrick Rose. They are trading for the walking disaster that is 2016 Derrick Rose, who plays on one knee and was one of the worst point guards in the NBA last season.

And who happens to make $20 million. And they gave up real assets to get him. It's a fucking disgrace.

Just edited my post above as I wrote some nonsense. Sorry.

We have a serious difference of opinion on the usefulness of Robin Lopez.

Fair enough. I'm not saying he's great or anything. Just that he's more valuable than Derrick Rose is, given his contract situation.

Also, I love how much the Yankees were (rightfully) criticized for hiring Chapman, and nobody says a peep about the character issues here?

And think about it this way: the Bulls were better offensively and defensively with Rose off the floor last year.

His backup was Aaron Brooks.

Obviously the Knicks aren't trading for 2011 Derrick Rose. If they were, they would have offered a fucking hellllllllll of a lot more.

Even if Rose performs as the decent-not-amazing player he's likely to be in 2016, he's still an improvement over the black hole that is the Knicks' PG situation. They also got bench depth and a 2nd round draft pick. I'm only seeing battered Knicks fans saying the team got swindled.

Dude, you could have found out what TS% means more quickly than it took you to type the above BS. We are not talking quantum mechanics here. Just a handy way of putting FT, FG and 3PT accuracy together. And here's what it says: FOR EVERY SEASON EXCEPT ONE, DERRICK ROSE WAS A BELOW AVERAGE SHOOTER. But whatever, sorry to tell you that your hero is overrated, even before knee surgery.

I don't care about "uniquely explosive". I want productivity. He scored tons of point because he shot all the fucking time. And you know what: the Knicks already have a guy just like that in the team.

And here's the deal: the Knicks are not trading for 2011 Derrick Rose. They are trading for the walking disaster that is 2016 Derrick Rose, who plays on one knee and was one of the worst point guards in the NBA last season.

And who happens to make $20 million. And they gave up real assets to get him. It's a fucking disgrace.

Haha. I'm well aware that that the Knicks are trading for 2016 Derrick Rose and not 2011 Derrick Rose. I said so in the last paragraph of my fucking post.

Last edited:
Are you saying pre-injury Rose was not a great player? If you are you are a complete dumbass and a tool. Especially if you're basing it off one metric. Watch the game.

Last edited:
How come he wasn't going to stay at the Bulls?

He'd been playing poorly and has a bad contract and had unfortunately burned bridges with the fanbase and local media as well as, if rumor is true, the locker room. Most importantly Jimmy Butler. There's lingering speculation that Butler and Rose didn't like playing together.

But I think there's a pretty good chance you don't even know who Jimmy Butler is so I'm not sure why I'm talking to you about the NBA.

Last edited:
He's on the Bulls. Good player. He may or may not be dating Shay Mitchell who is one of the most beautiful women on the planet. Cool guy.

He may or may not be dating Shay Mitchell who is one of the most beautiful women on the planet. Cool guy.

Seriously? Damn, good on him.

I'm a big fan of Butler. Dude is tough as nails and brings 100% every minute of every game. His early life is a great story about getting through adversity too.

And damn, I'm really going to miss Robin Lopez. Coolest dude on the team.

I just don't see the high reward at all. He averaged 30 games a season for the last 5 seasons. He hasn't had a good season since 2011-12. Getting an above average season from Rose would be 95 percentile stuff.

This is the least pessimistic take I can go with:

Knicks Acquire Derrick Rose; A Trade Only An Accountant Could Love | KnickerBlogger.Net
So even if you don't see the potential for high reward, it is still a low risk move that does little to hurt them in the short term and sets them up further in the long term.

If anything, it further shows that Jackson has abandoned his triangle dreams and will allow Hornacek to install a more up tempo offense. They have plenty of cap space to sign a center that can replace Lopez at a low cost.

Lopez is a backup center on a contender, or a fugazi starter like Bogut. Losing him is no big deal.

Back
Top Bottom