NBA 2016 Playoffs & Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At one point in the second half (can't remember when) Curry lazily tries a behind the back pass to Klay Thompson that goes out of bounds. Was completely unnecessary and emblematic of the type of errors Curry et al. were making the last 3 games.

L
Kerr needed to make an adjustment offensively and failed to do so. The Warriors would score almost every time out or a timeout, with some absolutely beautiful set plays... but that was it. They had no other options when the jump shooters weren't getting open. And his insistence on playing the Ezili / Verejao combination for 20 minutes...of which they produced a combined -19, no points, no blocks and one rebound... will have him second guessing all summer long. Should have seen more Barbosa and Livingston in a small ball lineup.
He had way more resources at his disposal than Lue, even with the injuries, and failed to get it done. Just look at Cleveland's bench and tell me that's a championship winner. It was an impressive run for Cleveland, a very impressive run. But Golden State definitely blew some great chances.

lebron-crying-meme-viral1.jpg

I didn't know where to look when this happened. It got me.

When/if ever my team wins their competition, that's going to be me.

I actually think Kerr was spot on in sticking to his guns defensively even though it wasn't working... the odds were in favor of LeBron and Kyrie not shooting that well from the outside in three straight games, and it finally did happen that way again in game 7... but they just got punked on the other side of the floor.

I'm all for an open, let your players play type of system. But eventually when things aren't working you need something to fall back on, and it just looked like they were intent on just fucking that chicken until the threes fell.

And all that said, they still had the ball down 3 with just under a minute to go. Curry should have gone to the basket, and when he couldn't the first time, Kerr needed to take a timeout and draw up some sort of quick hitter to the rim and then foul to extend the game.

They also botched the foul to give on the next play and let too much time tick off the clock.

And all that said, they still had the ball down 3 with just under a minute to go. Curry should have gone to the basket, and when he couldn't the first time, Kerr needed to take a timeout and draw up some sort of quick hitter to the rim and then foul to extend the game.

Okay....glad I wasn't the only person thinking that.

A unprecedented comeback, breaking a drought, upsetting a team, that if they won would have claim to being one of the best teams ever. Right now LeBron is a combination of Eli Manning and David Ortiz. And then you remember he was already in the top ten or five players of all time even before the regular season started. (unlike Ortiz and manning who were not big time yet before they won). Then he did this. Has to be up there with the greatest stories in sports history.

Rumors this morning that Gordon Hayward wants out of Utah. Jazz looking to trade him before the draft.

Not that I want to lose Hayward but would be nice to move up into the top 3 if true.

Last edited:

Celts have expressed interest.
I'll give you #3 and a pair of 2nd rounders for Hayward and #12.

Jazz just traded their #12 pick for George Hill so I guess your deal is a no go :)

Fuck this franchise.
I have to disagree, and I'm not a fan of Rose at all. But this isn't about 2016-17.

It's a no brainier for the Knicks. They gave up nothing to get him. If he's healthy it's a steal. If he's not, which is likely, they're able to shed an additional $15 million off the cap next year at the same time the cap grows. It gives them tremendous flexibility to put multiple stars around Porzingis.

It's putting all the eggs in the free agency basket again, and it failed last time. But last time they didn't have The Unicorn.

If Porzingis takes another step forward this year, they're in a tremendous spot to recruit at least two of the bevy of superstars who will be free agents in 2017.

Last edited:

I have to disagree, and I'm not a fan of Rose at all. But this isn't about 2016-17.

It's a no brainier for the Knicks. They gave up nothing to get him. If he's healthy it's a steal. If he's not, which is likely, they're able to shed an additional $15 million off the cap next year at the same time the cap grows. It gives them tremendous flexibility to put multiple stars around Porzingis.

It's putting all the eggs in the free agency basket again, and it failed last time. But last time they didn't have The Unicorn.

If Porzingis takes another step forward this year, they're in a tremendous spot to recruit at least two of the bevy of superstars who will be free agents in 2017.

I'm glad you are an optimist. But.

Rose's TS% was below .500 in the last 3 seasons. Even healthy Rose had one season in which his TS% was above average.

They absolutely did not give up nothing to get him. Lopez is an above average center on a below average contract when the cap is exploding. Mozgov - a worse player by any measure - was traded for two first round picks about a year ago.

Grant overperformed Rose last year, as a rookie.

Plus, you know, opportunity cost.

The only way this is a good move is if they are trying to tank. Rose definitely helps! They just got about 7-10 games worse than last year. This is as bad as the Bargnani trade.

Fuck this franchise.

To say this is as bad as the Bargnani trade is just silly.

They gave up nothing. No draft picks, nobody if value. They have up a center in a league that doesn't give two shits about centers anymore. They weren't winning with Lopez, they're likely not winning with Rose either, but they just picked up $15 million in additional cap space for the biggest free agent year since when LeBron left Cleveland.

Just because somebody was stupid enough to give up two #1s for Mozgov doesn't mean that's what Lopez is worth.

Gump, I don't even know what TS% is but based on that post I already know it sucks.

Rose might have had only one good TS% (fuck that) when he was healthy but he sure as shit didn't only have one great season when he was healthy. Did you watch him play? Before that first knee injury he was one of the most uniquely explosive players in NBA history. Fuck off with TS%.

In 2016 he's not close to what he was but to even HINT that before the injuries he wasn't a great player is preposterous. Fuck outta here.

Last edited:
And in what way did Jerian Grant "overperform" Rose last year? Dude barely played. What bullshit stat have you conjured to determine that one?

To me it seems like a pretty logical trade for both sides. Knicks didn't give up much and gain good upside out of Rose if he can play, while the Bulls simultaneously improved the locker room and gained some pieces that are strong Hoiberg system fits. They have a direction now. Knicks could end up benefiting more from this trade, but the Bulls made a smart call. They're getting a lot younger this offseason and it's time to hand the keys over to Butler.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom