NBA 2016 Playoffs & Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've made no secret of my disdain for Green, but this series ought to prove he is the most overrated player in the league. .

He's not even the most overrated player on his team, that honor goes to impending free agent Harrison Barnes. Prior to this series folks were talking about a max contract for him, he's 2 for 22 shooting the last 2 games. Good luck to the team that pays him max dollars (stay the F away Danny).

Is it just me or have the Warriors become a bit unlikable this series? Between Green and now Curry having his flipout.

It's to the point where I've gone from "it would be cool if the Cavs won for Cleveland" to me really wanting the Cavs to blow the Warriors out in Game 7.

I do like Thompson from the Warriors though. Seems like a good dude.

I agree, and I think just let the Cavs have this. Then they will fade away into obscurity and the Warriors can win as many titles as they want.

I agree, and I think just let the Cavs have this. Then they will fade away into obscurity and the Warriors can win as many titles as they want.

Doubt the Warriors win "as many titles as they want", in fact wouldn't be shocked to see this be their last trip to the finals with the current group(unless they somehow land Durant). Very difficult in today's NBA to sustain championship caliber contention for long stretches (which is want is so remarkable about the Spurs) as keeping teams together is difficult.

Aside from Green I don't dislike any of the GS players; I think it is understandable they would be a bit chippy at this point having had a massive target on their back all year long. That said, I despise the way the media talks about them. I have an obvious bias being a Cleveland fan, but the way GS has been positioned as invincible is obnoxious at best.

I want the Warriors to squeak this out, but Curry really should be suspended for game 7. The guy threw a fit and hit a spectator. Accidental or not, I've seen suspensions over less and suspensions have happened over mouthpiece-throwing in the past.

He won't get one, obviously. Game 7 won't happen without the MVP. I'm sure he'll get a $25-50k fine and move on.

In his defense, he did run right over to the fan an apologize. I don't think spiking your mouthguard is necessarily a suspendible offense, and I don't think the fan adds to that. He did take a long time to get off the court though. I suppose the disruption could warrant suspension.

Of course Golden State is unlikeable, Green, with all his groin shots, the bandwagon fans, and the biggest crybaby and one of the softest players the world has ever known, little Wardell. Wardell, a soft, silverspoon, millennial, with the annoying wife, has been exposed. We knew this anyway though.

Hates me to say that, because being a Bulls fan from back in the day, I like Steve Kerr, but the Warriors have been overhyped all year, being anointed the greatest team ever.

Hates me to say that, because being a Bulls fan from back in the day, I like Steve Kerr, but the Warriors have been overhyped all year, being anointed the greatest team ever.

Well, technically, they are the greatest team ever if you look at their regular season record. So I wouldn't say they're overhyped whatsoever.

My only beef with them has been the way they've acted on the court over the last few games...and that ultimately might be their demise on Sunday night if they can't get their heads together.

They beat the 1995-96 Bulls by a game. The Bulls still had a larger point differential and lost 3 games the entire postseason. The Warriors are 7-6 the last 2 series.

They beat the 1995-96 Bulls by a game. The Bulls still had a larger point differential and lost 3 games the entire postseason. The Warriors are 7-6 the last 2 series.

Doesn't matter. They were 73-9. They're not overhyped. They're just not playing nearly as well right now.

You also have to consider the times, though. Is it harder or easier to win more games in today's NBA?

The indirect relationship I relate this to is scoring in the NHL. If the NHLs scoring doesn't change, nobody will ever ever ever break Gretzky's scoring records. Because it's so much harder now in the NHL to score. Goalie pads are bigger. Nets are smaller. Defensive systems are better.

The Warriors are way too dependant on the three-point shot and they have been exposed as fragile mentally. Win or lose, they probably shouldn't be included in an all-time great team list.

The Warriors are way too dependant on the three-point shot and they have been exposed as fragile mentally. Win or lose, they probably shouldn't be included in an all-time great team list.

If the Warriors win this series, they WILL go down as one of the greatest teams ever. They're taking on LeBron James who is also one of the best players of his generation. This series going to a Game 7 makes it more exciting. Most people were expecting a short series, but a number of factors have brought this sucker to 7 games. A win for the Warriors cements their status. A win for the Cavs and the city of Cleveland finally gets a champion again.

The Warriors came back from down 3-1 against a team with two potential Hall-of-Famers in their respective primes, what, two weeks ago?

The Warriors came back from down 3-1 against a team with two potential Hall-of-Famers in their respective primes, what, two weeks ago?

A Thunder team that has never accomplished anything. They lost that series as much as the Warriors won it. A pretty damning indictment on Durant and Westbrook's inability to close games.

Its starting to feel like a retractable roof in here with a certain poster.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

An enormous chunk of all sports fans picked their favorite team through some degree of bandwagoning. The team had just won a championship, the game where they first watched them, whatever.

The only time you can reasonably use "bandwagon fan" as an insult is if they immediately dump that team for another once they start losing. If the Warriors have introduced a bunch of new fans to the sport, great.

An enormous chunk of all sports fans picked their favorite team through some degree of bandwagoning. The team had just won a championship, the game where they first watched them, whatever.

The only time you can reasonably use "bandwagon fan" as an insult is if they immediately dump that team for another once they start losing. If the Warriors have introduced a bunch of new fans to the sport, great.

Define enormous chunk? Most people I know are fans of teams based upon where they grew up or where they moved throughout life.

Define enormous chunk? Most people I know are fans of teams based upon where they grew up or where they moved throughout life.

I live in LA, so...virtually everyone I come into contact with.

Seriously though, bandwagon and fairweather fans aren't necessarily the same thing.

Last edited:
I live in LA, so...virtually everyone I come into contact with.

Seriously though, bandwagon and fairweather fans aren't necessarily the same thing.

But you've also lived in Chicago right? And you're from like, Maryland? Or did I make that up based upon the teams you're a fan of ?

Oh trust me I know fairweather fans. South Florida's only exception is really the Dolphins. And not really.

Back
Top Bottom