NBA 2016 Playoffs & Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not without merit. It was a dumb thing to say

Admittedly, yes. But anyone with sense should have settled down after he apologised.

Especially given he's half Tongan and monkey isn't a racial term where he was brought up.

It did bring us some fucking hilariously stupid hot takes. I learned a lot about New Zealand from them. Apparently we're near Wales and have kangaroos and monkeys running around everywhere.

Curry is still banged up and they're having a few ego issues with guys who think they're better than they really are. Happens.

Thunder are finally healthy, with Westbrook having finally found that balance between scoring and actually being a point guard. Plus they have a coach now who isn't a dummy.

Even if Curry were 100% OKC might still win the way they're playing.

I expect golden State to win game 5... and then the pressure will shift back to OKC for Game 6 to close it out.

Yeah, Curry's clearly not himself, although you have to give credit to OKC on how they've defended him. They have bigs who are athletic enough to contest him when they opt not to switch on ball screens, and it's throwing him off his game. Billy Donovan's using his resources a lot better than Scott Brooks ever did.

9uwtpl.jpg

Yeah, Curry's clearly not himself, although you have to give credit to OKC on how they've defended him.

The reason he's not himself is exactly what you talk about here: the defense of OKC, not his health. He's no more beat up at this stage of the season than any other regular player. He's just not getting the looks that he usually gets and he doesn't know how to respond at the moment.

The reason he's not himself is exactly what you talk about here: the defense of OKC, not his health. He's no more beat up at this stage of the season than any other regular player. He's just not getting the looks that he usually gets and he doesn't know how to respond at the moment.
I do believe it's both. The knee injury he had is not one you normally come back from as quickly as he did. If it were the regular season he might not even be playing games yet.

So yea, he's banged up a little more than the average player... but I do agree that it's more of what OKC is doing, and what Curry's teammates aren't doing (namely Green, who's just having an awful series) than his health

I do believe it's both. The knee injury he had is not one you normally come back from as quickly as he did. If it were the regular season he might not even be playing games yet.

So yea, he's banged up a little more than the average player... but I do agree that it's more of what OKC is doing, and what Curry's teammates aren't doing (namely Green, who's just having an awful series) than his health
I agree with Headache, I think it's both. Yes, everyone is beat up, but he came back too fast from that knee injury because it's the playoffs.

I mean, he looked plenty fine when he lit up Portland in that overtime game. But now that he's struggling the knee is used as an explanation?

It's weird to me how dependent NBA teams on one player. But I've never really followed a sport that only has five players on court per team so it's probably my own ignorance

Back
Top Bottom