NBA 2016 Playoffs & Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was watching a YouTube video of Michael Jordan's highest scoring game ever - 69 points, I think. Almost all of them came from mid-range jumpers and free throws. I think he had a few layups and one three. Amazing how the game has changed in that very few players rely on a mid-range game anymore.

Duncan was hands down one of the best the NBA had to offer in recent decades. It will be interesting to see how history treats him though.

I've been fortunate enough to meet him several times; once he ran into me at a Jamba Juice(literally, almost knocked me over) and certain social events throughout the years. He's incredibly humble and nice in person as well, and actually pretty funny(when he does talk).

Makes me feel old. I still remember his rookie year teaming up with David Robinson. What a combo that was.

NBA 2016 Playoffs & Beyond

Should have been donning Celtic green for the last 19 years.

#screwedbylottery
#FPitino

You have to wonder how things would have went for him here. With Pitino, I don't think it would have been a good match.

But Pitino would have bolted anyway when it was apparent it wasn't going to work out, so perhaps eventually things would have turned around.

I was watching a YouTube video of Michael Jordan's highest scoring game ever - 69 points, I think. Almost all of them came from mid-range jumpers and free throws. I think he had a few layups and one three. Amazing how the game has changed in that very few players rely on a mid-range game anymore.
It's one of the analytics counter arguments.

If the you're going to shoot 30% from 3 and 35% from a long two, you're better off shooting the three as you get more bang for your buck, "true shooting percentage" and all that good stuff.

The argument by some is that the only reason why the midrange shooting percentage has gone down so far is because we're just worse shooters overall.

I tend to think there's truths to both parties... that the three is a statistically better shot and a game changer, but that there's still a place for the midrange game, if for nothing else but to keep pressure on the defense.

It's one of the analytics counter arguments.

If the you're going to shoot 30% from 3 and 35% from a long two, you're better off shooting the three as you get more bang for your buck, "true shooting percentage" and all that good stuff.

The argument by some is that the only reason why the midrange shooting percentage has gone down so far is because we're just worse shooters overall.

I tend to think there's truths to both parties... that the three is a statistically better shot and a game changer, but that there's still a place for the midrange game, if for nothing else but to keep pressure on the defense.
The Sixers had a player named Tony Wroten for a couple of years who basically only took threes and layups. He was, in that sense, a very analytical player. Only problem was, he was a shitty shooter and didn't make either of those at a high percentage.

Anyway, I agree. There is definitely a place for the midrange game. What's the defense giving you? What's the game situation? How much time is on the shot clock? Who is taking the shot? Those questions all inform how an offense should be run, and the midrange jumper has a place in it.

Back
Top Bottom