NBA 2016 Playoffs & Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Surely Wade won't move?! He IS Miami ain't he?

Sad that OKC weren't able to win a title with Durant, I loved watching them, a little less so since Harden moved on, but those 2011 and 2012 seasons were awesome, sad it never worked out for them.

The only reason Milwaukee would make sense is because Wade went to college there, and the Bucks have two really good young players. Wade joining Giannis and Parker would at least make the Bucks a team to take seriously in the East.

But yeah, still a long shot that this happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course Curt Schilling found a way to inject himself into the Kevin Durant sweepstakes, he wrote a letter to Durant pleading to him to sign with the Celtics.

Attachments

• IMG_20160703_225454.jpg
    IMG_20160703_225454.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20160703_225503.jpg
    IMG_20160703_225503.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 10
So Kevin Durant is taking his talents to Oakland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only people happy about Durant to Oakland are Warriors fans and jilted Sonics fans. This move cements his status as a soft millennial. Joining a team than won a title, won 73 games and went to the Finals again while beating you after trailing 3-1 in a series? How does this move help his legacy? This is softer than LeBron going to Miami.

Apparently the Mavs are more than happy to indulge castoffs from Golden State. Barnes and now Bogut.

Let's not forget how OKC basically screwed up majorly in the last few years, at least since the Harden trade. They had the perfect storm of draft picks becoming stars and basically couldn't surround them with minimal talent. This is the team that started Kendrick Perkins in the NBA finals, and Dion Waiters in the conference finals. Also, they are owned by a fracking enthusiast.

NBA 2016 Playoffs & Beyond

Complaints about superteams aside, I see how this improves GSW's offense, but in the long term I don't actually see KD as a guarantee of multiple championships. Their bench depth (the secret sauce of the team) is going to get hit hard and there are only so many shots to go around. Next year, before Curry gets PAID, I could imagine them being unstoppable. After that, we'll see what kind of bench they can piece together.

And KD is not a waste of money, obviously. If you're signing a max player, get the best. But KD certainly doesn't improve GSW the way he did OKC. He's taking a fantastic team and giving them a great option to go to in high pressure situations. He can take over a game and energize a team. So I absolutely get it. But there is a reason why many superteams don't quite pan out and sacrifices will have to be made by GSW to keep four all-stars in place and contributing to their fullest potential.

Last edited:
Complaints about superteams aside, I see how this improves GSW's offense, but in the long term I don't actually see KD as a guarantee of multiple championships. Their bench depth (the secret sauce of the team) is going to get hit hard and there are only so many shots to go around. Next year, before Curry gets PAID, I could imagine them being unstoppable. After that, we'll see what kind of bench they can piece together.

And KD is not a waste of money, obviously. If you're signing a max player, get the best. But KD certainly doesn't improve GSW the way he did OKC. He's taking a fantastic team and giving them a great option to go to in high pressure situations. He can take over a game and energize a team. So I absolutely get it. But there is a reason why many superteams don't quite pan out and sacrifices will have to be made by GSW to keep four all-stars in place and contributing to their fullest potential.

Did you just overhear what I told my buddy at a BBQ 20 minutes ago and transcribe it? ? ?

Back
Top Bottom