NBA 2016-17: The Season After the Warriors Blew a 3-1 Lead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a reason why Dolan is relatively hands off with the Rangers and not so with the Knicks?

I mean the difference between the two franchises is stark. The Rangers have had success on the ice, making it to two conference finals and a Stanley Cup finals appearance over the last few years.

Off the ice they've had stable coaching and management and none of the controversy and drama that has surrounded the Knicks lately.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/05/how-the-rangers-win-with-jim-dolan-as-owner.html

I've often told my Ranger fan friends that the best thing that ever happened to them as a franchise was Dolan becoming so obsessed with the Knicks.

For all I bash on Dolan and MSG... the behind the scenes people (marketing, ops, etc) are some of the absolute best in all of sports. All he's truly fucked up are the Knicks, and doing 2 billion dollars in renovations to the Garden and not thinking to add a second entrance. Otherwise that place is a pretty well oiled machine.

Paul George to OKC huh? That's a surprise. West will be even tougher next year.

If all they got was Olapido and Sabonis after what they reportedly were asking from the Celts then I'm a bit surprised.
Figured there'd at least be a future 1st rounder in there.

Danny Ainge surely has every single ticket stub of concerts he attended in the 1980s.

I wouldn't trade for Paul George either, but I still find it funny that he has been waiting to find the perfect star to trade while a bunch of his valued assets continue to depreciate.

I wouldn't trade for Paul George either, but I still find it funny that he has been waiting to find the perfect star to trade while a bunch of his valued assets continue to depreciate.
maxresdefault.jpg

Word was Indiana was asking for both the Brooklyn pick, the Laker pick and 1 or more players from Celts for George.
Word is Celts offered Indiana 3 first rounders, none of which was the Brooklyn or Laker pick (presumably Boston's 2018 and the Clipper and Memphis 2019 picks) plus 2 starters one of whom was Jae Crowder,

So Indiana basically took 3 first round picks less from OKC, word was ownership didn't want to trade George to an eastern conference team that might have a chance to extend him (basically Boston and Cleveland) unless they got a king's ransom in return.

Or today.

Ha it was 11:25 pm MST when I posted that.

For some reason Hayward camp taking its time to confirm he's going to Boston.
My guess is the info leaked before he had informed the Jazz.

Oh well. sucks being a fan of a small market team.

Ha it was 11:25 pm MST when I posted that.

For some reason Hayward camp taking its time to confirm he's going to Boston.
My guess is the info leaked before he had informed the Jazz.

Oh well. sucks being a fan of a small market team.
Meh... If Brad Stevens wasn't there I think he resigns with Utah, so in this particular case I don't see it as a big vs small market thing

Hayward is a good player but I can't help feeling that there's a bit *too* much being made about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom