NBA 2016-17: The Season After the Warriors Blew a 3-1 Lead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've hear rumblings that Hayward is leaning towards stating in Utah, we'll see.
Johnson's contract is up. I doubt the Celts re-sign him unless its at a much lower number.
Look for Ante Zizic to possibly replace Johnson on the depth chart.
Yea ultimately I think he will as well, but the draw to be on an instant contender coached by the guy who recruited you out of high school has to be quite intriguing - have to imagine he'll at least take a visit.

Let me make my point crystal clear: I suffered under Billy King for a long time, and now Boston fans have a playoff team that has been gifted two straight great picks from Billy King. Fuck Boston.

Let me make my point crystal clear: I suffered under Billy King for a long time, and now Boston fans have a playoff team that has been gifted two straight great picks from Billy King. Fuck Boston.

And Celtics have next year's 1st rounder from the Nets as well. Yay Billy King.

Funny thing is the swap this year was an afterthought when the trade was made, nobody really mentioned it, only the unprotected picks in 14, 16 and 18 (aside from Hotlanta getting to swap in 14).
But the biggest piece of the trade will likely end up being the swapped pick (unless of course next year's pick ends up as #1 overall as well and the Celts land Michael Porter).

Sixers in the meantime have little to complain about. Hinkie set them up very well (if the players they draft can ever get healthy), its just a matter of how badly does Colangelo screw up what Hinkie left him.

Once Lebron crests the hill, the east should look like it did in the first half of the 80's, with Boston, Philly and Milwaukee as the top teams (and like in the 80's Milwaukee will probably never get over the hump)

Yea ultimately I think he will as well, but the draw to be on an instant contender coached by the guy who recruited you out of high school has to be quite intriguing - have to imagine he'll at least take a visit.

Everyone here thinks Hayward is leaving to Boston but Jazz fans tend to be chicken little because so few players want to play or stay playing in Utah. Sucks being a fan of this small market franchise sometimes.

Everyone here thinks Hayward is leaving to Boston but Jazz fans tend to be chicken little because so few players want to play or stay playing in Utah. Sucks being a fan of this small market franchise sometimes.

Hayward not getting on an All NBA team yesterday does take away some of the advantage for the Jazz.

Yeah if the money is about the same, I can't really fault him for leaving. He would be entering into a great situation in Boston.

My assessment of LeBron James, as a casual basketball fan, was that what made him so good was basically that he's a physical freak of nature. He'd overpower you as he drove to the basket, and would basically out work everyone on the floor.

As such, I always thought he was more susceptible to drop off when he reached a certain age, sort of like a power pitcher who made his living throwing fastballs past hitters but struggled mastering other pitches once he got older, rendering him ineffective.

But instead of falling off a cliff, LeBron seems to have improved other areas of his game, particularly on the perimeter and with the three-ball. (Though his free throw efficiency got worse this year) And, of course, his basketball mind is as sharp as ever.

Again, not sure if any of this makes sense, but as a casual observer I'm amazed at what he's been able to do after 14 years. He seems to have retooled his game which lends itself to longevity.

He's slipped a little physically... but he has become very adept at picking and choosing his moments, and saving his body for the playoffs by resting properly and coasting at other times.

Can argue that the regular season coasting is a bad thing, but when the end goal is finals or nothing, it's a tough argument to make.

Hopefully the Warriors / Cavs is entertaining​, as short of the Wizards / Celtics series this playoffs has been hot garbage.

My assessment of LeBron James, as a casual basketball fan, was that what made him so good was basically that he's a physical freak of nature. He'd overpower you as he drove to the basket, and would basically out work everyone on the floor.

As such, I always thought he was more susceptible to drop off when he reached a certain age, sort of like a power pitcher who made his living throwing fastballs past hitters but struggled mastering other pitches once he got older, rendering him ineffective.

But instead of falling off a cliff, LeBron seems to have improved other areas of his game, particularly on the perimeter and with the three-ball. (Though his free throw efficiency got worse this year) And, of course, his basketball mind is as sharp as ever.

Again, not sure if any of this makes sense, but as a casual observer I'm amazed at what he's been able to do after 14 years. He seems to have retooled his game which lends itself to longevity.

To me, LeBron is like Tom Brady. Brady said during last season that defenses can't fool him any more "I have the answers to the test".
LeBron is similar, not only is he physically gifted and incredibly skilled, but he works on the game as hard as anyone, he understands the game so well and knows how to attack whatever scheme a team throws at him.
Its something to watch, just wish it wasn't my team he is currently dismantling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom